It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choosing healthy foods now called a mental disorder

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
oops, double post

[edit on 29-6-2010 by 27jd]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Why do I see so many people in this thread jumping to be like..."oh I try to eat healthy I guess I have a disorder."?
Come on! You're all much smarter than that. I must stress, look at the criteria for the disorder there folks.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Before2017Victor]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Eating healthy has been classified as a medical disorder by many psychiatrists for at least 30 years. That's what it's like living in a fascist state. Get over your shock. It's only gaining coverage and maybe a pharmaceutical fix. They are teaching kids in public schools that organic food is BAD. (for at least the last 3 years) Welcome to Hell.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Star and flag, great post.

I suggest watching the film reversing diabetes in 30 days, one of the
asian online video streaming sites has it and can be found thru
a google video search.

Also on youtube chk out Codex Alimentarius.

google:

"mercury corn syrup"

"gmo kill rat"

"msg diabetes"

There is a lot more out there that is bad as well.

Also watch Food Inc as well.

It is good to see more ppl realizing what is being done to
all of us on purpose.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeathTribble
reply to post by MKULTRA

Thanks for the search, MK. I would just add that in the vast number of these types of "disorders", there is a corollary that basically says "to the point that such behaviors impinge on the person's general well-being", ie becomes a compulsion. I have seen people so obsessed w/ what they eat that by limiting it down to 4 "healthy" foods, they actually become unhealthy. Or, a person could spend so much of their time and energy focused on the need to eat certain foods and thus experience serious anxiety about it that it threatens their well-being.

That said, the DSM is really mostly useful as a billing code bible, the complexity of the human mind is such that rarely does anyone have a textbook case of anything. It can be a useful guide but not much else. Esp. in mental health, choosing the therapist that really "gets you" and wants to aid you in going where you want to go is the key. What diagnosis you get is really secondary in most cases.

Gotta agree with you DeathTribble, they are probably referring to eating healthy in the extreme, when it becomes an obsession. Does anyone remember the parents who were strict vegans and starved their infant?

Vegan Couple Starve Child

I think this is a good example of when something gets taken too far and could be a sign of a mental disorder

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Natural News' source for this article was "The Guardian," and if you go to that original article, it does make health food "obsession" out to be a "serious mental disorder" (their words). I don't see why some believe the Natural News article is over-dramatizing this. I think NN is just trying to get the point across that the PSYCHIATRIC INDUSTRY appears to be the one doing the fear mongering.

Sure people obsess over all kinds of things. When did obsessing over something become a mental disorder requiring medication? It doesn't seem as though this has always been the case. I can see cases like Anorexia Nervosa being classified that way for reasons that should be clear. But this? This is a joke (as in the "not funny" kind). This is just an attempt to plant the little seed in people's minds that wanting to eat healthy = mental problem. This crap reminds me of the whole "Alchoholics Anonymous" phenomenon that quickly branched out into every kind of "_____ Anonymous" you can think of. What we need to do with these so-called obsessions is grow up and learn some damn self-control, for crying out loud, instead of placing them in the hands of psychiatry.

Clearly, we have heard several members testify here to the fact that ceasing a diet consisting of junk food has completely changed their quality of life. They say they think clearer and are more focused. Where is the line drawn between being prudent and being obsessed, anyway, with respect to wanting to eat healthy?

We can no longer rely on the food industry to even be honest about what the hell's in our food. We know fluoride and aspartame are risky to our health, yet we continue to see these things in our food and water. We need to stop acting like the food industry and our government are watching out for our best interest, especially when it comes to food and medicine. I mean, agencies like the FDA have all but become a sick joke anymore.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Does anyone know how to read anymore? I guess some people just can't finish what they started. Read that entire article. It's pure journalism. It was actually a good read and I had a few good laughs. Plus I learned a few things and confirmed the now more common health awareness concerns.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Just another form of psychological terrorism invented by The Powers That Be in order to inflict war against our free will.

Well, hopefully people are coming to terms with the fact that those in power have absolutely lost their minds and are actually trying to convince us that we're the one's who are unstable.

Surely I don't need to tell anyone not to take this article seriously.

But wait, there might be one reason to raise an eyebrow:

If one were to look at this and study it to see the steps and measures that the "Powers that Be," are undertaking to solidify their idea of absolute slavery against the masses, then it might have some merit behind it and could be useful. However, I would say to not actually believe any of this nonsense spouted by the Psychiatrists because if you did, you may actually be in need of a psychological examination.

Namaste and love

[edit on 30-6-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

When a picture says it all...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd810d78b660.jpg[/atsimg]

peace

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Yes working out and getting fit and being healty is ABSOLUTELY like a a full-time job! And just like in a job you often have to plan things in advance, there's nothing obsessive compulsive about that.

Living healthy isn't and shouldn't be like a full time job. It's a way of life and once you get into the routine, it should come naturally, without any thought or planning.

I go to the gym and i keep a journal of what I lifted, does that mean that because I plan to change my schedule of which muscle groups I plan on attacking in a month's time I am being obsessive?

Quite frankly, yes! By all means, if you can't remember what weight you lifted in what muscle groups, session by session, then keep a journal, I do, but only as a reminder. Why the hell do you need to know what you're going to be lifting in a month's time? You go to the gym, look up what you did last time and adjust as appropriate on that day. I can understand setting yourself goals to hit by certain dates, but what you described above does sound a little obsessive.

As for eating healthily, by now most of us should have a good idea what's good for you and bad for you, although a little label watching is probably a good idea, for hidden nasties in the ingredients. But, if I fancy a bar of chocolate once a week, or on very rare occasions, the odd Maccy D's, then I'm not going to beat myself up about it. "A little bit of what you fancy does you good", is a sensible old addage. Another one is, "Everything in moderation".

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I don't know about everyone else, but I consider a diet with lean protein, whole grain carbs, and good fats the perfect way to eat. Vegan diets will lead to longevity, unless your hit by a car. It is a lot more expensive to eat healthy, perhaps the PTB don't want people eating healthy for financial reasons.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Here we go. The only source you will accept is on of a psychiatrist right.. Well I dont think they'll put something out like that on paper but here are a few things you can read.

Here

Here is one from Dr. Thomas Szasz, Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry at the State University of New, York, Syracuse. Here

Google

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This is just another step in TPTB's bid for power. If we were ALL rotund and feeble-minded than they could implement any damn change that they wanted to without much fear from us.
"Whatcha gonna do fatboy, sit on me??"

They really are trying to systematically turn us into the very fattest of sheep.
If you can't run, and you can't think, well.....no real options left there.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
As for eating healthily, by now most of us should have a good idea what's good for you and bad for you, although a little label watching is probably a good idea, for hidden nasties in the ingredients.

Actually, most people don't. You could be eating a food that you have been conditioned to believe is healthy (like grains, dairy, beans, etc.) that have bad proteins that aren't cooked all the way out, and build up causing inflammatory reactions and conditions. If a food cannot be eaten raw (not that it has to be), it's usually not as healthy as you may think.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by 27jd]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
You think I can get Social Security Disability for this, I can see them force feeding me cupcakes and twinkies, it will be like something out of clockwork Orange.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by nik1halo
As for eating healthily, by now most of us should have a good idea what's good for you and bad for you, although a little label watching is probably a good idea, for hidden nasties in the ingredients.

Actually, most people don't. You could be eating a food that you have been conditioned to believe is healthy (like grains, dairy, beans, etc.) that have bad proteins that aren't cooked all the way out, and build up causing inflammatory reactions and conditions. If a food cannot be eaten raw (not that it has to be), it's usually not as healthy as you may think.

Well that's one view, although I personally would refute it and say that that is exactly why we cook our food, I accept that it's your view and I respect it.

I personally tend to go for the "balanced diet" view, which includes meat and dairy in small quantities, simply because we have been getting along for millennia eating both of them with no real problems (as close to the natural diet of humans as we can know).

Obviously you should go for lower fat, organic meat or fish where possible. And although dairy is not a necessity for most people (I myself need milk for medical reasons), the calcium is beneficial, but again in small quantities, as dairy is a leading cause of kidney stones if, and I stress IF it is consumed in large quantities.

The rest is just common sense; don't eat too many calories, eat little fat, little sugar and little salt, try to eat natural, home-cooked foods, rather than micro-meals/TV dinners. Eat wholegrain foods, get enough roughage. Eat raw fruit and veg and try not to eat too many complex carbs and avoid nasty chemicals and additives wherever possible. And most importantly, treat yourself with something slightly naughty, like chocolate etc every once in a while, but not too often. What's the point in living forever if you can't indulge yourself every now and then?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I'm fairly certain that they're talking about people who are obsessed with healthy eating, who would have trouble bringing themselves to eat junk food if they had been trapped in the cavernous underground warehouses of a Super Wal-Mart for a week. Not just people who do their best to eat healthily.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeySEEmonkeyDO
This is just another way the Pharmacutical Industry can market off of our stupidity.

Considering that the junk, fast and prossesed food industry counts for untold billions of $ spent every year in this country then.....naturaly...folks that try to eat right to whatever degree are likewise crazy.

Urban homesteading is a concept that is now sweeping America and other countries who are growing vegetables and raising small livestock in their backyards like they used to do during the wartime where victory gardens were encouraged

Urban Homesteading

Consumers are feeling the pinch and many are turning to planting vegetables in their backyards to cut down on their grocery expense. As per one estimate, 20% more households this year will start vegetable gardening, mostly in their backyards, giving rise to the term recession gardens.

Saving $ As Well

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoX42
Just another form of psychological terrorism invented by The Powers That Be in order to inflict war against our free will.

Yes this report taken with the whole of things we cant do, dont know how to do ourselves, ect ect the general flow coming from everywhere that thinking for self on certain topics, doing for self ect ect and now one cant even eat healthy without questioning sanity, is part of the larger barrage of Bull Slick just a flowing from everywhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join