It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient UFO Art!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
So I was got curios a few days ago after reading the thread asking about biblical references to UFO’s. I stated to wonder if the ancients have any documented evidence of UFO’s. During my 2 hours or so of research I became distracted by strange objects which look like UFO’s fund in a number of painting’s, Allow me to shear what I have found.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79ac78cb133d.jpg[/atsimg]

This as I understand is the most famous it’s called Madonna with saint giovannino was painted in the 15th century by Domenico Ghirlandaio. This painting appears to be depicting a UFO in the sky. Really quite a stunning but also fascinating painting.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b4b1663b0c87.jpg[/atsimg]

This one is called the Annunciation with Saint Emidius by Carlo Crivelli if you look at the top centre of the picture it shows something interesting.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e3d794c83e3.jpg[/atsimg]

And this one is called Battesimo di Cristo by Aert De Gelder. I think its quite clear what we are looking at.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84de5c5dcdd7.jpg[/atsimg]

If one looks closely at the Crucifixion by Visoki Decani Monestary Kosovo, Yugoslavi its appears to show some type of space craft.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2638bac536fe.jpg[/atsimg]

Then we have this, not quite sure how old it is, but it was found on a cave wall in Australia.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08e937fe6adc.jpg[/atsimg]

I am not to sure about this one, its form the ancient Egyptians .

I don’t really know what to make of these, I have found more, but these i found the most interesting. I would like to hear your thoughts, and post any other pictures you find interesting.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hello Kevinunknown there has been a couple of threads concerning your thread!
Maybe these ones can help you too!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a site explaining or history of it.

hope it helped!
regards
Guns

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
What a creepy thread this is.

I looked up the authenticity of these paintings (not that you would be posting false info) just so I could actually cast out any disbelief. They are indeed authentic.

This is undeniable proof that saucer craft are not "new" by any means.

But - just watch. Those irrational skeptics will flood the thread soon only to blame those objects on swamp gas, or a flock of geese, or flares, or a top hat, or a football, or a cinnamon roll, or a roller skate, or an apartment sized washer and dryer combination set.

Just watch. Some ignorant skeptic will try to debunk these.

They always try to no matter how convincing the evidence is. Sigh.

S+F my good man.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
All explained here...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by KillenfizzenHumboflorator

"ignorant skeptic." Wow. The very point of skepticism is to avoid ignorance. It's to avoid blind acceptance.

Anyway, all of these have been thoroughly debunked in the past. Or at least most of them. The only ones I recall off the top of my head are the first two; if you look closely at the actual paintings, you'll see that those are clouds with angels on top of them.

-- of course, that doesn't thoroughly debunk the idea that perhaps the angel-clouds were inspired by flying saucers. But remember that paintings are not photographs; the first one was painted in the 15th century. It's a painting of The Virgin Mary, who lived at least 1400 years earlier, if she lived.

My favorite painting like this is the one with the man in red bowing before Christ; the saucer in that one is actually his hat! He was a common character who always wore that exact hat.

(Which makes me wonder about The Hat Man from Shadow People legend, but I"m sure there's no connection.)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Please watch the following 2 videos. Sometimes we want to see things that just aren't there.

EDIT: to add...HOLY CRAP Liveforever beat me to it!!

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Signals]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by KillenfizzenHumboflorator
What a creepy thread this is.

I looked up the authenticity of these paintings (not that you would be posting false info) just so I could actually cast out any disbelief. They are indeed authentic.

This is undeniable proof that saucer craft are not "new" by any means.

But - just watch. Those irrational skeptics will flood the thread soon only to blame those objects on swamp gas, or a flock of geese, or flares, or a top hat, or a football, or a cinnamon roll, or a roller skate, or an apartment sized washer and dryer combination set.

They always try to no matter how convincing the evidence is. Sigh.

S+F my good man.

Also, dude, who would paint swamp gas like that?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Before I clicked on this thread I placed a bet:

The OP would have registered in 2010 and failed to use the search function of the site.

b

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

That's okay. It's not bad that stuff gets recycled on here (every once in a while). With so many new people-all wanting to learn. A lot of stuff new to them (us).

What I like is how people in the know are able to toss up prior ATS threads on a praticular subject so quickly. Besides, maybe somethings have changed or new theories have been developed etc.

So, go for it. I just ignore the thread if it is something I saw previously and don't wish to revisit.

Flag for your efforts OP!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It's becoming increasingly evident to me that it is none other than WHITE PEOPLE who are the alien astronauts depicted in various works throughout history.

(Refer to the Earth/Mars shift theory)

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Agreed.. I didn't bash the OP, just stated I placed a bet and now I'm broke..

I'm hoping that the new site layout has some sort of " best of threads"
or something similar which makes it easy for newer folks to browse the history of the site to avoid re-posting.

b

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Bspiracy]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Nobody would have to unless ignorant believers wouldn't resort to nonsense in order to validate their belief in aliens flying spaceships. Ah, the power of confirmation bias.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Thank you for the thread!

The idea of UFO's appearing in those times are very interesting to me! However, the art holds little merit when it comes to showing UFOs. I believe the recorded stories are much better evidence.

There are two images which do strike me as odd. I have checked the website given a post above and haven't found anything related to them.

Some kind of 'battle' spotted over Nuremberg in Germany. I guess one could see it as a meteor shower, but some of the details given about the event suggest otherwise, especially the shape of these objects.

Ancient Chinese art of a very strange object. Forgive me if I am mistaken, but I believe it was on a beach? I cannot remember the details, haha.

There are other images that are quite odd, but these two are the ones I remember right off the top of my head.

Thanks for the thread!

Kind regards

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Wow, those videos opened my eyes. Thanks for clarifying things. That's what I appreciate about this site, that I get different perspectives on issues.

Thanks OP for making this thread. With a site this huge, it is easy for members to miss topics the first time around.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

I heard a theory once that the Nuremberg UFO "battle" may have actually been a fireworks display.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Are you denying such things have been mistaken for "UFOs" or used to produce hoaxes?

You've already determined that any prosaic explanation is wrong and ignorant. Do you think there could be no possible explanation for these pictures, that some 400 years removed you are seeing this through the same eyes as the artist?

[edit on 29-6-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Oh, thanks so much for the possible explanation! I was unaware they had fireworks during that time in Germany, or that they could form the patterns noted.

It does seem quite odd this is never mentioned after the event got into a newspaper!

Do you have any knowledge on the second image I posted? I would love to hear an alternative theory and be corrected. I will try to find more information on it if I can.

Thanks for the response!

Kind regards

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

How do you post an image and have it actually appear, instead of the link appear?

This is an image of the Pentecost, a time when the holy spirit of God filled man, and he spoke in tongues. These tongues were understandable by many people who all heard the praises of God in their own language.

It is surprising how the image of this looks very similar to other images in art, like the Egyptian images of the rays of the sun disk.

True speaking in tongues should not need translation. Someone should understand what is being said is in fact, a known language. Even if you don't know what is being said, you may recognize the speech patterns as a known language.

There are many people who are told they are not saved unless they speak in tongues. They wait and wait for this to happen, and I think they eventually just give in and start babbling incoherently just to please those around them.

I don't think I ever met anyone who truly spoke in tongues. I have seen and heard plenty of people who babble, and this is not speaking in tongues.

There are many gifts of the holy spirit and the greatest of these is love.
There is also discernment of spirits, prophecy, and even faith itself is a gift. Everyone gets a different gift. The greatest is love. I don't think the gift of speaking in tongues happens very often. And after careful reading you see that speaking in tongues is useless if no one knows what was said.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by jessieg]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hitotsumami
Oh, thanks so much for the possible explanation! I was unaware they had fireworks during that time in Germany

Fireworks had been in Europe for some time before the 1500s, though (from my research, I'd be glad to be corrected) sources vary on when exactly they were introduced and by whom.

or that they could form the patterns noted.

They wouldn't necessarily have to form those. The woodcarving in the broadsheet is third-hand information, an artist's interpretation of the observer's interpretation of the event. Besides, we already know it isn't an exacting depiction; I've never seen the sun make that face, have you?

It does seem quite odd this is never mentioned after the event got into a newspaper!

Maybe, but then again maybe not. Broadsheets weren't like the newspapers of today; there was no daily printing, no wide distribution. Nor were journalistic standards the same. Look at broadsheets and newspapers of old; they would report anything. If a person made a claim the claim was good enough to print. No effort was made to verify it.

Do you have any knowledge on the second image I posted? I would love to hear an alternative theory and be corrected. I will try to find more information on it if I can.

No clue. Perhaps context and a time-frame could help others figure it out.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

To answer your question, you have to upload the file to your ats media account then use [atsimg]fileaddy[/ats...]

Secondly having grown up in a pentecostal church, the first assembly of god churches to be specific, I have found the phenomenon of speaking in tongues quite interesting. It was also stressed that if another member of the church couldn't interpret the "message" that it was a false message or some such. If I'm not mistaken it was also supposed to be either a known tongue or an angelic tongue. All I know is if I get to heaven and no ones speaking english, ima be pi$$ed

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join