It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient UFO Art!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

Originally posted by Hitotsumami
reply to post by kevinunknown

Ancient Chinese art of a very strange object. Forgive me if I am mistaken, but I believe it was on a beach? I cannot remember the details, haha.

Haratonohama, Hitachi, Japan - 1803 This is an illustration from the book "Ume No Chiri" (Dust of Apricot). In the book an account is given of a "foreign ship and crew" which was witnessed at Haratonohama (Haratono Seashore) in Hitachi no Kuni (Ibaragi Prefecture), Japan in 1803. The witnesses stated that the outer shell was made of iron and glass and strange symbols were seen in the interior of the ship. Notice the four examples of alien heiroglyphs in the illustration.

More

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Thanks for the response! You make very good points.

I wonder if that could be any way related to the event that happened in Switzerland in 1566? I wouldn't be surprised if these also just happened to probably be fireworks.

And about the second image I originally posted. This is what I found on it:

Haratonohama, Hitachi, Japan - 1803
The book "Ume No Chiri" (Dust of Apricot)
tells us that a "foreign ship and crew" was once
witnessed at Haratonohama (Haratono Seashore)
in Hitachi no Kuni (Ibaragi Prefecture), Japan.
The outer shell was made of iron and glass
and strange letters were seen inside the ship.

1803? Quite more recent than I remembered, haha! Also, apparently the strange letters that were found inside the ship are the letters on the photograph that appears on the upper right side of the 'object.'

Thank you for the response!

Kind regards

EDIT: Ah! Last part, I was beaten by LiveForever8. Thanks for posting!

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Hitotsumami]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Ume no Chiri , written in 1844. The story is a variation on a story from earlier document, Hyouryuukishuu. This was a collection of stories about Japanese sailors who had been lost at sea, ending up in unknown lands and about foreign castaways on Japan's shores. Sort of a Gulliver's Travels.

This historical analysis concludes that the story is entirely fictional as it cites ambiguous locations and names.
Tanaka

The last mystery is the illustrations of strange boats. According Yanagida's theory (Yanagida 1962), in the early version of the folklore, the boat was a simple dugout which is presently used in southern Asia. However, as time went on, people forgot the original shape of the dugout. To give credibility to the story, people had to improve the boat in the folklore because skeptics claimed that it would be impossible to travel across such a long distance in the ocean in a simple dugout. So, the roof (or the cover with windows) was added to the simple dugout. It is not difficult to consider that, as time went on, a simple dugout eventually became a hollow boat with glass windows and a reinforced structure as shown in figures 2 and 3.
It is unreasonable to assume that the boats as shown in figures 2 and 3 resemble modern UFOs. In the stories the boat did not fly and did nor even move by itself on the sea. Some parts of the boat were reinforced by the iron plates. This means that most parts of the boat were made of wood. The boat was constructed by the technology within human imaginations at that time.

[edit on 6/29/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I do believe in ancient visitations and that they were recorded on walls, canvas, murals, etc. but a thought about the first two paintings; were visitations so common that they were added almost as an afterthought to the background?

Peace.............yak055h

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you very much for the response and information! It is good to know that these things are just in the imagination. I am glad to know better than I did before and next time I'll attempt more research, haha.

Thanks again.

Kind regards

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If I had a pound for every time someone stumbled across and then posted pictures from the aliens in art article from crystal links (or similar), I'd be a very rich man.

www.crystalinks.com...

This has been discussed soooooo many times here.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Thanks so much for the link! I'll be sure to bookmark it and look through it more thoroughly later. There are some pictures there that I have not seen before and it'll be an interesting thing to research it!

Kind regards

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You're welcome....

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hitosumami, thank you for that Switzerland picture! I saw it once when I first got interested in this kind of thing back in middle school, but then I couldn't find it again when I was interested in it.

Speaking of that Chinese "vessel", the Japanese have a lot of folklore which could be (and has been) reinterpreted as alien visitors. The video games Forbidden Siren and Okami both do this in part, Okami staying more true to the legends. I'd like to compile all that info sometime; they're actually forbidding us from doing most of our work tomorrow because of the end of the fiscal year (which is a whole different stupid topic), so maybe I'll give it a go.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

You're welcome....

No problem! If you have any further information on the topic, I would love to read it! Anything that helps me learn more is good.

reply to post by Solasis

Thanks for responding!

You're welcome for the image!

Also, as Phage mentioned earlier, it does indeed seem to be just folklore. I don't play many video game's so it's interesting they interpreted that into it!

Kind regards

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Thanks for posting guys, the irony here is that i don’t really believe in UFO’s in the same way i think some of you do. However i came across this stuff and found it very interesting.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hello,
Thanks for the thread!

Again, this comes down to taking it for what you will...what you know is true in your heart. I have seen for myself, so I know what is up there. God, the creator of all.

White man is the alien? Yes you are right. ALL OF THE SPECIES ON THIS PLANET ARE ALIEN AND GOD IS A SPACE TRAVELER.

Read the ancient text from Ezekiels encounter then the Deuteronomy speaking of Annunaki and things MAY or MAY NOT become clear to you.

If you need more...check the book of Enoch speaking of a space journey. LONG suppressed from the good book.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
i1228.photobucket.com...

I found this while searching for antique Bibles. It is from the book

EMBLEMATA ET ALIQUOT NUMMIS ANTIQUI OPERIS
by
JOANNES SAMBUCUS

and to me looks like an alien face in the sky.

Published in 1569! I was amazed to see books this age are still available. Does anybody have any information on this book?

Its unclear to me what the book is...but alot of the pictures match up with biblical stories...Or should I say the biblical story matches up with alot of these pictures?

ALSO-the picture seems to look very much like the:

UFO sighting by two Dutch ships - North Sea, 1660
From: Historical Artwork and UFOs by Matthew Hurley as shown close to the bottom of the page on

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

i dont know if anyones looked into this but if you notice the picture with the ufo above mary. look at her shoulder theirs a symbol. ive seen that symbol in two other paintings and one was of a entity in a ufo and the symbal was on his ship

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The bottom image IE Egyptian is from the 18th dynasty
It shows the Sun disc or Aten with rays extended from it - the rays have hands on them offering various Sun gifts of life. The Pharaoh and his consort are Akhenaten and Nefenfruaten or better known as Nefertiti - They were against the religious practices of their day and created a nature cult.

edit on 10-3-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join