It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple question for all..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Just out of curiousity and being in somewhat of a philosophical mood today.. Thought would pose the following question..
What do you consider your most valuable possession ?
And why ? Thanks and look forward to your thoughts..

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
My senses. Sight, smell, sound, taste, touch and my “intuition”. Even though none of them are perfect....

To have to pick one of those would be tough - I don’t know if I could.

That was my gut response.

On second thought maybe my patience, when I choose to use it of course.

edit: Why is a little bit harder... I will have to ask myself and get back to you... feeling philosophical as well =)

[edit on 28-6-2010 by worlds_away]

[edit on 28-6-2010 by worlds_away]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
My family,..my children,..my grandchild..If everything was gone..I'd be okay as long as they are okay...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Don't tell my wife, but it's my pick up. I love my truck. It will go anywhere, haul anything, and it is my office, my tool shed, my work bench, and it is always with me when I am working.

We've been through hard times, snow storms, crisp fall mornings, and watched the sun rise on the OuterBanks of NC...

I can sleep and camp in it, cut wood on it, back it up and pick apples, haul the canoe, cook and make coffee on the tailgate up in Yellowstone, take my goats to market.

the best was when we went and got a big load of fencing, a bunch of plants and soil for the wife, had 2 of our 4 children with us, went and ate brunch, and then bought a week's worth of groceries....the truck never hesitated.

Yup, I love my truck.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
My most valuable possession is knowing that I don't "own" anything and that when I die, what I have collected will mean nothing, other than the knowledge I have attained.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
My freedom, and my life.
My family and my friends also... and my knowledge and books.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Phlynx]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
My daughter, my boyfriend who is also my best friend and my puter!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Wow you make me want to get a pick-up... you think they'll exchange it for my hubby, j/k... maybe.

On another note it would have to be my constant search for knowledge, I would really hate to lose that because that's what hold's it all together, and gives me the rationalization to add more to the list, plus it makes me... well me.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
My brothers, my parents, my life, my friends. In that order.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Just out of curiousity and being in somewhat of a philosophical mood today.. Thought would pose the following question..
And why ? Thanks and look forward to your thoughts..

My consciousness .

But i am forever losing it ....... one of these days, i will not be able to find it again.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Ahhh, this is a tad philosophical, eh?

I am going to have to go with a trait of my personality, which
in my opinion is going to last MUCH longer than any of the crap
I currently possess on this planet--including my personal,
bio-mechanical Earth browser 4.0 (irregardless of how attractive
and talented it may be).

patience...

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
My most valuable possessions are God's Grace and my life.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
My mind. It is open, curious, ever learning.
It can entertain me, depress me, elevate me, and love.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Creativity. Without that, everything in my life would be utterly meaningless.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It would be my mind. Why you may ask, because once I have control of my mind I have control of my life and how I decide view it.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This thread has made me really think about the things I truly value, again. I needed it. /slapsface I enjoyed reading every one of the responses that I have had the pleasure to so far.

Thank you Expat888, for a truly positive thread. It was the spark I needed.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
My mind.

The first thing that came to my mind was my children, but I buried my only daughter (18) in January. I have my son but at the end of the day, when all is said and done all I'm left with are my memories of the things I have experienced.

Our experiences make us into who we are as individuals. How we handle our experiences aid in molding our personalities. My spirit may be crushed but my mind is in tact.

If we lose our minds we lose everything.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
My memory, AND my camera. I suppose they’re kind of related to the same end.

I like to relive things I’ve enjoyed; I rarely leave home without a camera. I have an unusual knack for catching rainbows and lightening, for instance. I love that. I like to go back to revisit what captured my interest on any given day. It’s an interesting record of moods, experiences, and generally good luck.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
My Free Will
(Not to be confused with freedom, though when freedom is involved that helps too).

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Goodmorning.. Apologies bit slow getting back had few matters to tend to offline.
Thank you for the answers all are good and tbh show that theres hope for the world yet...
There is no right or wrong answer.. The question is more to get people to take time to think whats truly important..
To answer my own question (didnt want to influence peoples replies)
Life - as with life we hold the power to change the world whether for better or worse .. Its ours to do.
Its up to each of us to make the world a better place for everyone.
As everyone is human and equal deserving both compassion and respect as human beings.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join