It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RE: Involuntary astral travels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Hi , I was wondering if anyone here could give me some good advise. I have been projecting since i was 15. it is a very scary thing for me and i cant seem to get over the fear. i figure it's happening for a reason but i just cant seem to shake the fear. i will post more after i hear a bit from you all. thanks very much for any input

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Are you able to control the experience whatsoever? Are you concious? If so, re-envision your surroundings to something peaceful.

I have never had a projection, so you might want to wait for someone else's advice.

Good luck

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
thanks jake. it doesnt seem that anyone has wanted to reply to me

i need some sound advice on this matter. one of the last times i projected , while i was out of my body , something went through my astral self. it was very scarey and i was wondering if it could have been something bad??
almost every time i project it is a scarey feeling and i do my best to fight it off. then there are the times that every thing is cool and i'm in and out without being scared.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
i have as of yet been unable to astrally project myself but from what ive read on the net as i did some thourogh research before trying. If you astrally project with a positve attitude then nothing can harm you. But it is recomended that you 'Cleanse Your Aura' by some websites im afraid i cant remember them at the moment but once i do i'll post them for you to have a look at.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
thanks, I look forward to it.
I have been reading here and there about astral projection ever since I started doing it. I never could understand why I had obe's and I still dont.
all I do know is that it can be a frightening expierence. I have a little message board where I started to log all my projections, dreams, etc..
I have to say I haven't gotten far at all when it come to astraling.

I hope to get some advice on this matter so that it might help me to overcome this primal fear I have when it's time to get "out".
I dont always have control when I'm out of body. sometimes my astral body has a "mind" of its own and floats out of control. when I do have control of my astral body, I quickly loose it and am back in my physical body.
I have heard about sourrounding yourself with "white light" before you project, but the thing is I dont know when I am going to project so I dont have time to do that do I???
thanks again for any replies.. as I am of course a newbie here

[edit on 15-6-2004 by maya4lx12chen]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
You could try visualising that white light thingy around yourself while projecting. Make sure you build the intentions you have into the light. That is, think about why you are making it, as you are making it. Construct it as a shield, protecting you from negative entities.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It was not until my 30's that I conquered the fear, how it happened? I became so sick from an injury that the pain make me feel like I wanted to die so one day I just let my body go because I wanted to die and bam I have my first voluntarily out of the body experience because I wanted the pain to go away and after that I got better and the fear went away and now I am not even scare of dying and astral travel is a piece of cake, the key is to let go, it is amazing.

After you learn to pass the fear it is easy to control the travel.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
It was not until my 30's that I conquered the fear, how it happened? I became so sick from an injury that the pain make me feel like I wanted to die so one day I just let my body go because I wanted to die and bam I have my first voluntarily out of the body experience because I wanted the pain to go away and after that I got better and the fear went away and now I am not even scare of dying and astral travel is a piece of cake, the key is to let go, it is amazing.

After you learn to pass the fear it is easy to control the travel.

What if you let go of your fears and you still aren't able to project?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I would be carefull about letting go, just make sure you know and choose who you are letting go to. Spontaneous oobe is hard to deal with and can be extremely trying. Some who try to oobe maybe get one every once in a while, but spontaneous oobe can happen everytime you try to sleep. You know how to wake yourself up, so if you aren't comfortable with whats happening just shake yourself awake. If you want to deal with the fear, I can give you some steps that will help. #1 always keep in mind that you cant be physically harmed by anything you encounter. For self-proof just remember how many times you have encounter bad stuff and still always made it back safely. #2 There is some truth to keeping a positive attitude but that doesn't mean that bad things wont happen. You have to confront those things that scare you. They may attack you and in the spirit you may feel wounded, but when you wake up you are always o.k. .#3 This is big!!! Dont be fooled by anything. Always question and require proof that something is what it says it is. Dont accept something that looks pretty to be something good. Question, Question, Question. #4 In the spirit world you will find things different from a lucid dream. Lucid dream = you can change your surroundings. Oobe = you can not change your surroundings. Always verify which you are in, and if it is just a lucid dream, change it. If it is oobe than prepare yourself. #5 Protect yourself if you feel scared. You will find fighting in the spirit to be a very strange thing. Its like a couple of jello cubes trying to hurt each other, if you try to kick and punch it just wears you out. Although you can't change your surroundings you can manipulate yourself. Experiment with moving by will, like going up and going down. Work on your senses like seeing and hearing, sight can be tricky. And your biggest weapon is lack of fear, this may take years to master, but the day you are approached by something and stare it straight back and declare you have no fear, you will be set free. I am curious to know what you have experienced, because I haven't ever talked with someone else who spontaneously oobe. Most everyone I have found is just trying to get there. I always suggest that people stay away from it because it can have serious impacts on your life, but most are just too curious to stay away. If you have specific questions please post and I will answer the best I can. Are you religous, dont mean to pry but there is a world of strength in this.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by popeye0314
I would be carefull about letting go, just make sure you know and choose who you are letting go to. Spontaneous oobe is hard to deal with and can be extremely trying. Some who try to oobe maybe get one every once in a while, but spontaneous oobe can happen everytime you try to sleep. You know how to wake yourself up, so if you aren't comfortable with whats happening just shake yourself awake. If you want to deal with the fear, I can give you some steps that will help. #1 always keep in mind that you cant be physically harmed by anything you encounter. For self-proof just remember how many times you have encounter bad stuff and still always made it back safely. #2 There is some truth to keeping a positive attitude but that doesn't mean that bad things wont happen. You have to confront those things that scare you. They may attack you and in the spirit you may feel wounded, but when you wake up you are always o.k. .#3 This is big!!! Dont be fooled by anything. Always question and require proof that something is what it says it is. Dont accept something that looks pretty to be something good. Question, Question, Question. #4 In the spirit world you will find things different from a lucid dream. Lucid dream = you can change your surroundings. Oobe = you can not change your surroundings. Always verify which you are in, and if it is just a lucid dream, change it. If it is oobe than prepare yourself. #5 Protect yourself if you feel scared. You will find fighting in the spirit to be a very strange thing. Its like a couple of jello cubes trying to hurt each other, if you try to kick and punch it just wears you out. Although you can't change your surroundings you can manipulate yourself. Experiment with moving by will, like going up and going down. Work on your senses like seeing and hearing, sight can be tricky. And your biggest weapon is lack of fear, this may take years to master, but the day you are approached by something and stare it straight back and declare you have no fear, you will be set free. I am curious to know what you have experienced, because I haven't ever talked with someone else who spontaneously oobe. Most everyone I have found is just trying to get there. I always suggest that people stay away from it because it can have serious impacts on your life, but most are just too curious to stay away. If you have specific questions please post and I will answer the best I can. Are you religous, dont mean to pry but there is a world of strength in this.

Wow it's great to finally meet someone who seems to astral like I do. My obes are spontaneous , it don't happen every night but I can usually tell if I'm going to have one an hour or so before. if you would like to visit my message board to read about my expierences your more than welcome to. I have'nt been posting there long about them.

www.activeboard.com...

I have kept most to myself. I also have had profound dream prems and they are posted on my website if your interested also

www.geocities.com...

One obe expierence I have had that isnt posted on my board is this :
this was the year 1995 ~ I went "out" about 3 miles from where I slept, I had never encountered beings before this obe and haven't since.
I was hovering about 10 feet above the ground , I couldnt see another being hovering with me but I felt one there. this being was wanting me to look down and over where there was a light pole (not using words) there were like 6 or 7 "monk" type beings huddled together, they were wearing brown cloak type clothes. I couldnt see faces. this being that was hovering with me wanted me to go down and join the others. I got very scared and quickly thought of my sleeping physical body and was returned back in a flash, after this obe i started to fight off all future obes til last year of 2003 when i had my first dream prem. I now feel that i obe for a reason and should feel privileged, i just need to get over my fears. i have never gone any further then the 3 miles. I usually only get as far as my imeadiate sourroundings and the obes only last for seconds or minutes because i either loose control or get scared.
as far as religion , I believe in god and nature. I dont go to church but have my own relationship with god & nature.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   

TextWhat if you let go of your fears and you still aren't able to project?

It may be a posibility that you may try to hard, one of the sing is headache.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
just wondering what happened to popeye??? i was interested in talking with you further on involuntary obes....

top topics

join