It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien evidence on a Sarcophagus Proof!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Yeah, there's no doubt that some sort of pedaling motion is implied. All the while the steady focus on the face. This was done sparing no expense by the day's most talented. They saw Aliens. and it encouraged them for what ever reason to cut heads off when they were worshiped

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by avatar01

I was think more like the Movie Altered States

in a Isolation tank

video.google.com...#

Google Video Link

from that what i see if it is a Isolation tank
what you see might be his vision of the Future or Present ( his time frame )

I see 2 faces Moon Sun ? Phoenix or Quetzalcoatl a Cross! Knobs
AND!!!!!!!!!!! Ready People !!!!!

Water Bears !!!
2 dangling above Pacal ! that what they look like to me ! and it does make sense! why ! Look at the Quote There might be Giant Water Bears ? if you cant see them they are the creature's clinging onto the Bird! that what they look like to me look like them to me !

Tardigrades are polyextremophiles and are able to survive in extreme environments that would kill almost any other animal. Some can survive temperatures of -273°C (-460 °F) , close to absolute zero,[5] temperatures as high as 151 °C (303 °F), 1,000 times more radiation than other animals such as humans,[6] and almost a decade without water.[7] In September 2007, tardigrades were taken into low Earth orbit on the FOTON-M3 mission and for 10 days were exposed to the vacuum of space. After they were returned to Earth, it was discovered that many of them survived and laid eggs that hatched normally, making these the only animals known to be able to survive the vacuum of space.[8]

Source
en.wikipedia.org...

The Video !

Water Bears Most Extreme
The 3.00 min mark Will Get your Attention Especially in Space
besides the Extreme Heat and Cold! in space

some literature
lysergia..._2.tripod.com/FeedYourHead/lsdLiterature.htm#The_Peyote_Cult

just in case you missed it ! the creatures clinging onto the bird!

Even Better pic!
www.astroconsulting.com...

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Wolfenz]

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

That is true, I hadnt thought of that, but even so it is possible it was a breathing apparatus, but then theoretically the conquistadors would have confiscated it and we would have had at least some sort of early diver suit.

And even if it turned out to be for breathing it wouldnt mean hes in an alien space ship. There is still no evidence of aliens in the picture and he could just as easily be underwater. Just saying.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by FireMoon
Look at it again and tell me why an artist would pose the figure and its' limbs in such a manner in a society with no history of even so much as the use of animals as mounts?

To me, he does not look like he is mounted on an animal or operating a machine. Rather, his pose seems to imply falling (as he descends to the underworld). There is something almost fetal about the pose, like a newborn baby flailing it's arms and legs.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

You're are wrong then. I doubt you actually understand what I'm talking about and the ramifications of the pose.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mazeofSiriusC

Uhm... A few real obvious things...

1. That thing "aimed at his nose" is nothing more than the earring from the other side.... It shows one of the same size connected to the ear facing us as well...

2. The culture used lots of psychedelics.... Amanita muscita is native there... Hence the cartoony imagery

3. Dude is on an altar.... Ready to give the ultimate sacrifice and take his flight... I mean it is a sarcophagus....

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
3. Dude is on an altar.... Ready to give the ultimate sacrifice and take his flight... I mean it is a sarcophagus....

The why is his stance active rather than one of supplication? Whoever carved that relief had a damn good grasp of perspective. The arms show that clearly yet they chose to show a pose you don't see anywhere on any other relief that i can think of. The figure is not tumbling, off balance, praying, but actively engaged in some kind of operation. That pose is almost impossible to hold whilst lying down on your back feet over the edge of something. Don't believe me try it yourself. Lift your head forward tip your toes back and then place you arms in that position and see how comfortable it is.

Given the artist, obviously was no simpleton. Just exactly what were they documenting? There hasn't been anything found in the culture that fits the stance. Ergo, we are missing something, that doesn't mean it's a space ship. it means as of now, we simply don;t know.

For waht it is worth my interpretation of the scene is this.

It shows the Monarch setting out for their journey to the next life. The shapes below and above him are stylised ships that accompany him into the next world. The king himself is at the helm of a ship lost to history. Possibly, that contained some sort of telescope. As such, only kings were allowed to use this technology as it was seen as sacred. The king's own vessel was the only one fitted with such a device so it went with him to the next world. As such, it might well have been destroyed each time a king died. Ergo, we have never found any evidence of the ship or it's telescope.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

As long as 'they use the words: myth, legend, folklore, wife's tale, symbolism and traditional beliefs, they can explain (and neatly tuck) EVERYTHING under that misnomer.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You're are wrong then. I doubt you actually understand what I'm talking about and the ramifications of the pose.

Instead of a simple declarative statement and an ad hominem special pleading, why don't you tell me why I am wrong and explain what I and thousands of archaeologists don't understand.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by ShadowRamesses
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

You're probably right, but there are some interesting things he says which make you think. Are you saying he is just lying about everything? Some of the things he talked about seemed like he really believed what he was saying. All we can do is just do the filtering, somethings you might say naw, that can't be true and others you might get a sense that, ok I think that might be true. But who really can say for sure yes or no. I just find it interesting and like to explore the possibilities, anything is possible in my book.

ShadowRamesses.....

Here's a list of Von Daniken books that were published in English:

- Chariots of the Gods? (1968)
- Return to the Stars (1968)
- Gods from Outer Space (1970)
- The Gold of the Gods (1972)
- In Search of Ancient Gods (1973)
- Miracles of the Gods (1974)
- According to the Evidence (1977)
- Signs of the Gods (1979)
- Pathways to the Gods (1981)
- The Gods and Their Grand Design (1982)
- The Eyes of the Sphinx (1996)
- The Return of the Gods—Evidence of Extraterrestrial Visitations (1997)
- The Arrival of the Gods—Revealing the Alien Landing Sites of Nazca (1998)
- Odyssey of the Gods—An Alien History of Ancient Greece (2000)
- The Gods Were Astronauts - Revised (2001)
- History Is Wrong (2009)

The narrative became more & more fantastic & erratic.

As far as I recall, I read as far as his 1979 book, by which point he was observing ancient civilisations through time portals at the bottom of wells, etc...

I have been searching for synopses of those 1st several books. It is difficult to find simple synopses that aren't interspersed with very strong critical commentary.

That is to say, the critique of these books has been scathing in the extreme.

As for his original work, the criticism of that is also extremely strong. Would you like me to post some links to that effect?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

No that's ok,you don't have to post anymore, I think I understand. I just think there is a lot of interesting content in the video, you know like the museum in Iraq, the Tibet texts, stuff like that.
Staring into wells is kind of strange reminds me of Nostradamus predictions.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Instead of a simple declarative statement and an ad hominem special pleading, why don't you tell me why I am wrong and explain what I and thousands of archaeologists don't understand.

Your complete ignorance of the total lack of in depth study of the culture says all anyone needs to know. The fact is these cultures, such as Aztec/Mayan Toltec were virtually ignored until Daniken stirred up a hornet's nest.

The attitude was, they were savages we know what savages do, we don't need to know any more. They brought nothing of worth to western society sop they are not worthy of an in depth investigation. Forensic archaeology has only really developed this last 25 years. In fact until the 1950s, so long as you had a professorship, you could often, publish any old rubbish you liked based wholly on conjecture and personal prejudice and have it accepted.

That you are obviously, completely ignorant of the history and sociology of archaeology is patently obvious.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Uhm... A few real obvious things...

1. That thing "aimed at his nose" is nothing more than the earring from the other side.... It shows one of the same size connected to the ear facing us as well...

2. The culture used lots of psychedelics.... Amanita muscita is native there... Hence the cartoony imagery

You know the old saying that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. When the mentally challenged is challenged with logic, reason, and common sense and it doesn't work, then you understand why they are considered mentally challenged! No getting through here. Abandon all hope.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Only the earring explanation is actually wrong. The earring he seems to wearing on his left ear is a horizontal double lenticular design, The object pointing at his nose is not replicated on the frieze anywhere as far as i can see. It certainly doesn't look anything like the earring he is wearing in his left ear. People should look at the original carving and not the drwan representations. They have a habit of *tidying things up* and making assumptions they really have no right to. it actually looks like the figure might be wearing some sort of *collar*. but it could be just how the artist has shown the jaw line and the shoulder line.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I love how these people, rather than consulting archeologists as to the REAL meaning of these carvings, would rather rob the item out of real historical context to support their preconceived conclusion. They don't have any real evidence to support the ancient astronaut theory but they don't need any, the gullible will take one look at stuff like this and immediately buy into it without ever thinking to consult REAL historians and archeologists.

Maybe this would be evidence of ancient astronauts if they'd found an actual spaceship that looked like this buried with Pakal but as it is its just evidence that the Mayans were damn good artists.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

I love how these people, rather than consulting archeologists as to the REAL meaning of these carvings, would rather rob the item out of real historical context to support their preconceived conclusion. They don't have any real evidence to support the ancient astronaut theory but they don't need any, the gullible will take one look at stuff like this and immediately buy into it without ever thinking to consult REAL historians and archeologists.

Maybe this would be evidence of ancient astronauts if they'd found an actual spaceship that looked like this buried with Pakal but as it is its just evidence that the Mayans were damn good artists.

How about the Possible Landing pads in Teotihuacan Mexico

View from Pyramide de la luna.jpg

View of the Avenue of the Dead and the Pyramid of the Sun, from Pyramid of the Moon (Pyramide de la Luna)

a Big Panoramic View of the Pyramid of the Sun Area

The Layout

what is this the Tree of Knowledge or Life ?
Wow thinking ... The Fountain

ohh look a Video of those landing Spacecraft Pads or is for sacrifice or slave trading ? who knows I dont

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

or it could just mean they traced his lineage to sky gods; which could still suggest aliens, though more ancient than pacal whose remains were found

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I see a Mayan astronomer looking through a complex telescope. That's why he's laying back, looking fairly relaxed, looking up at the stars, shooting comets, constellations, etc. The 'underworld' he stares into is probably a mis-translation. Substitute 'underworld' for 'cosmos'. They built 'temples' for these? Well, so do we, up high on mountains and hills... We call them observatories though, not temples.

The Mayans weren't the first to do this, neither were the Egyptians. Go back to ancient neolithic Nubia and there we may find the missing pieces, (so long as Egypt will protect these sites, which I highly doubt they will. If the info being discovered there holds any truth then it is a slap in the face to Egypt, so why would they protect it?)

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Your complete ignorance of the total lack of in depth study of the culture says all anyone needs to know.

Once again, all you have done is engage in special pleading ad hominems and other non-sequitur, not actually telling us why I am wrong. Defend your claim; attacking others is not a cogent defense.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Your complete ignorance of the total lack of in depth study of the culture says all anyone needs to know.

Once again, all you have done is engage in special pleading ad hominems and other non-sequitur, not actually telling us why I am wrong. Defend your claim; attacking others is not a cogent defense.

Where as you simply have nothing to say but love saying based completely on your assumption you know without recourse to actual research. You can dress it up with *your favourite phrase of the day* to attempt to imbue your ignorance with a gravitas it simply doesn't deserve. However, the fact remains you haven't clue what i was talking about because you seem to have problem understanding simple concepts.

There is no precedent for this pose in any other frieze or artifact. The pose's body language shows no sign of supplication or worship. The body language is quite obviously that of a person taking part in activity. To this day this remains unexplained. Archaeologists gave this figure not even a second glance but simply wrote it off with a cultural arrogance based on the premise, they were savages, there is nothing to learn.

Daniken might well be a charlatan, of that there is no doubt, but without his input this figure would still be rotting quietly away in obscurity and the truly interesting pose, that has no seeming prosaic explanation for it, would have been passed off as that catch all of Archaeology when they don't know something. *it's ceremonial*. If you had even a basic grasp of the field of archaeology you would know the the *it's ceremonial* is a running joke amongst the community that they ascribe to anything they can;t be bothered or simply font understand and that is picked up by dilettantes like you and offered as the * truth* on forums such as this.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me what i'm looking at?
I really have no idea how this is linked to Ailens??

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
This is not proof of anything. Even if it does depict a space ship, it still isnt proof for anything at all. There were pictures of fairies and goblins in the middle ages, does this mean that this is proof for them too. It just proves people have a good imagination and can draw. Nothing more.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join