It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yvette Fielding quits 'Most Haunted'.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Yvette Fielding has announced that she is leaving Most Haunted.

The presenter made the announcement in a statement posted on the website for the show's production company Antix Productions, which she set up with her husband Karl Beattie.
Source.

Maybe she's quitting due to the amount of times they've been caught faking. I wonder who will get the job now.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I haven't watched cable in years but how long can an intelligent audience member put up with:
"Ooooooooh"......."Ohhhhhhhhhh".............."Shhhhhhhhh"................"Oh My [[[beepin']]] god"........"Did you hear that?".............."Ahhhhhhhhhhh".

Pathetic!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

Oh I love this programme, its so funny!! However it was never the same after Derek Acorah left, for me he was the real star of this show. The time he "channeled an alien spirit" was classic Derek!! Also that said Yvette is a major part of this shows success and I cant see it being the same without her.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
We all know it's nothing but utter crap, but it was still good entertainment imo. Especially Acorah, i loved it when people in the most haunted team showed him to be a fraud. Brilliant stuff.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

If the entire team was fake why did they expose him? And why does O'keefe the man who exposed him still want to work on the show after two years? Just sayin

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Which show is this? Is this the one with the gym rat emo guy that flexes his arms every time he makes a gesture?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

I think thats ghost adventures your thinking of, most haunted is a british show but just as bad as those american ones lol.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hey I actually like the ghost adventure guys. the main alpha male type guy who yes does pose and flex his bicepts every two seconds and has a bilbo baggins haircut is pretty entertaining. at least he comes correct when he investigates these places. I love how he instantly starts provoking the ghosts. usually by acting like a bad frat guy stereotype going "whooooo!!!which one of you ghosts wants to tangle with me!" Instant s talking and all. that right there is worth watching the show. It's probably the route I would take too as I don't have the patience or respect needed to talk to the dead or demonic.

Ghost hunters is nearly unwatchable now. it's evolved from looking for ghosts to now simpley acting goofy in front of the camera. it's like the show is more about them than the ghosts.

At least josh gates get it. he knows that they aren't really going to find anything on their cryptid investigations but at least he makes fun of the local culture in the places he visits.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
my real question is this. do you think that guy chip coffee is a fraud or what. He just seems like a narccessistic hystrionic to me.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Can I share something ? I've had the "privilege" of watching an episode being filmed ... and Acorah is the greatest fraudster ever.

Looking directly at camera he gives you his usual "oooh creepy" routine ... as soon as the camera was off, he was away smoking his cigs and looking up the female passers by.

Nothing to say he can't smoke cigs or check out the talent, obviously, but the way he instantly switched from psychic investigator to joe public had to be seen to be believed ; he's an actor, nothing more nothing less.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
When I was young and naive I used to love Most Haunted, making sure I would catch it every week and even made a point to watch the live specials.

The thing that kept me going back for more was Derek Acorah, he was hilarious. Did I believe any of it for a second? No. Did I love seeing Derek become possessed and try to attack the female (always the female
) members of the crew? Yes, yes I did!

Eventually Derek was replaced by another 'psychic' and I lost interest immediately.

Yvette going doesn't surprise me really, she's made enough money now I think. She even has her own reality show on Living for Christ sake!

Most Haunted was great entertainment, nothing more.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

Oh, sorry... only reason I asked was that the poster who mentioned the common phrases was dead on with that one...

"Oooohhhhh.... Oh my GAWD, did you HEAR that?"

Yes I did. It was the sound of your credibility crashing to the ground...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Oh no maybe she's scared of the ghosts of the pendle witches.. that seem to have nothing better to do then flow them to every location. I also think that whole jake character is a joke aswel believe the devil would be bothered with her.

Have you seen her when they have nightvision on?
now thats scary.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I haven't watched it since 2005, but it was running out of steam even then. Acorah was entertaining, and I always thought David Wells had some credibilty to him, but I lost the ability to listen to the constant screaming which severely detracted from the aim of the show.

There was an aim, wasn't there?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
Can I share something ? I've had the "privilege" of watching an episode being filmed ... and Acorah is the greatest fraudster ever.

Who can forget the meeting with Mary

...for those who dont know who Derek Acorah is

....www.youtube.com...

Funniest thing he ever came out with, how he expects folk to think hes an actual psychic I'll never know

Even more hilarious is the location he channels Mary and Betty...outside the toilets
Im sure spirits have more interesting places to lurk around!!

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Mr Green]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

MARY LOVES DICK!!
Hahahaha, i watched that and it was amazing. I love MH for all its frauds. Just great entertainment. Remember when yvette and carl had a domestic on tv? Brilliant. Better then BB.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

That made my day lol, this thread has made me laugh so much.

Can't believe people fell for this Garbage, still it's very fun to watch.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm surprised she stayed on after this....

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join