It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Dahlia and BP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
We are all aware of the gruesome murder of Elizabeth Short in 1947.

The nickname given to her was Black Dahlia.

Also in 1947, was a significant turning point for the BP company:

BP originated in 1908 as the Anglo-Persian Oil Company—a British corporation whose name was changed to the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company two decades later. With exclusive rights to extract, refine, export, and sell Iran's rich oil resources, the company reaped enormous profits. Meanwhile, it shared only a tiny fraction of the proceeds with the Iranian government. Similarly, although the company's British personnel lived in great luxury, its Iranian laborers endured lives of squalor and privation.

In 1947, as Iranian resentment grew at the giant oil company's practices, the Iranian parliament called upon the Shah, Iran's feudal potentate, to renegotiate the agreement with Anglo-Iranian.

Black Dahlia is also a flower that bears a stunning resemblance to the BP logo:

Could all this be connected?!?

A gruesome murder of the Black Dahlia and major historical changes for BP in 1947, the symbolic flower and now 63 years later, a gruesome murder of the environment and another historical change for BP!!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

What a unique thought you have there.

I'm not sure where you are going with this though. Are you insinuating that both instances are some sort of sacraficial offering by BP?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
No offence, but not very probable.

However, I would like to see BP change their logo to the black flower.
Even better would be a black oil blob with fish skulls and cross bones.

BP=Bloody Polluters

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Think this might be a bit of a stretch. there are hundreds of flowers that look like that one. I think it is probably best to elaborate on what bp call it themselves.

A helios.

and look into meanings of that. I mean you could post like a thousand of these threads.

Oh it's a sunflower, wich means BP, are actually from mars!!...
All the evidence is there people!

[edit on 26-6-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

The evidence is there!

Connect the dots!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

If find threads like this interesting to think about and I didn't realize BP's Iranian connection before.
However, I'm not sure what you base your theory on Chadwickus, what is the connection between the Black Dahlia murder case and BP? Is it just the year and the way the flower looks or is there more?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Good work Chadwickus, you finally created a thread with a theory that is too crazy to be true.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
What an interesting way to look at this. Too bad we can't find the graphic designer who designed the BP logo and find out if he or she was told what to use or maybe has some insight on how the concept came about.

Unless they do the work internally, chances are BP corporate sent this work out to a creative ad or marketing agency to create, with of course input from them, the client. Could you make some investigative calls? Maybe track the agency of the person down to get some insight?

Wait...I found this. Does it help? BP logo designer

[edit on 26-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Big call.

I've seen worse with less:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But you're probably right.

...Or are you?

[edit on 26/6/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

LOL........yeah, like the logo designer would fess up to being connected to the black dahlia!

It's obvious to me at least, the BP logo is a scam, that makes people think they are some sort of global, environmentally friendly company! How earthy, a flower with green and yellow!

I always wondered, when seeing a BP station that sells gas, and oil, what the heck a flower was logo was for, even before the leaking oil! When I was living in Illinois last year, I avoided BP stations like the plague because they all charged .20 cents more per gallon, than all the other stations.

It's like Shell, what the heck does a sea shell have to do with selling gasoline?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by MR BOB

The evidence is there!

Connect the dots!

Please present somthing to demonstrate evidence then!

Connect the pins on the heads people.
I'm sure something else happened in 1947.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Nventual

Big call.

I've seen worse with less:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But you're probably right.

...Or are you?

Tongue-in-cheek thread then Chadwickus?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

That's for the individual to decide.

There may very well be a connection here.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The supposèd Roswell alien craft landings and crashes, as well as dead and live aliens, Area 51, was 1947

=====
relative to----I have read this is true and I have also read this was a hoax, to scare people up to the present day.... so that a 'real false flag 'of an alien invasionto Earth will scare the bejasus out of we who are kept in the dark.

(I am all for full Disclosure on everything. Daniel Ellsburg, and now wiki leaks are my heroes.)

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This thread is boiling with sarcasm, to those that dont notice, compete waste of time and energy! Poor show chadwickus!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

What are you laughing at?

It's a perfectly valid place to start investigating.

If you think I meant that someone should call and ask something inane like, "Hello, logo designer, what do you know about the Black Dahlia and BPs evil plans to..." you're a rookie. Keep your snide laughter to yourself.

If Chad's really serious about finding out, he knows what to do. As would I.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Where's the connection between Elizabeth Short and BP? Sorry I'm not seeing it. The BP flower could be based on any kind of dahlia, or any kind of flower at all really. I don't thnk there's any secret symbolism to it either.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
If it helps, the logo was made by Landor.
www.landor.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I am laughing, because outside of the other BP threads on here, this one is actually humorous to me.

I live between Biloxi, and Gulfport, and between the local news, and what's on here, I find this thread to be of great entertainment value, and nothing more, so excuse me!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

LOL........yeah, like the logo designer would fess up to being connected to the black dahlia!

This was what I was referring to. That's a snipe. I don't appreciate it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join