It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBAMA lifts BAN From HIV Positive immigrants entering the US!!!!!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
When people were coming to the US in the late 1800s, early 1900s, they rejected people that were retarded.

Yet, no one seems to care if HIV Pos people are allowed in nowadays??

Nice.
I wonder how wonderful Obamacare will treat these people? Just another drain on the economy.

And I forgot to add: Seems that if you don't like this policy, you're anti-gay. Give me a break!

[edit on 28-6-2010 by signal2noise]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Well that's why you make sure you have protected sex, regardless of someone's ethnic/racial/immigrant status.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
The ignorance in this discussion is amazing! Who said ignorance was in a decline?

Everyone has their own little hell in their life. All of you not wishing to let HIV+ persons in America need to access your own situations that you haven't told anyone about.

And drop the "they'll seek free care" bit. Because what "free" care does even American citizens who are + receive? Going to the emergency room because you have HIV will not get you any treatment. Unless you report there in a stretcher with pneumonia about to die. They'll treat the pneumonia and send you home.

You obviously need to do a little research before posting.
First of all, those emergency room visits NEVER end up getting paid for.
Second, hospitals DO offer follow-up care. Which, AGAIN, never ends up getting paid for.
Finally, between legal means, and the illegal use of false documents and ID, illegal immigrants do receive medical treatment without ever paying for it.

Once it becomes legal, and illegals can officially get free health-care here, it will be the beginning of the end.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Pliskin
You obviously need to do a little research before posting.
First of all, those emergency room visits NEVER end up getting paid for.
Second, hospitals DO offer follow-up care. Which, AGAIN, never ends up getting paid for.
Finally, between legal means, and the illegal use of false documents and ID, illegal immigrants do receive medical treatment without ever paying for it.

Once it becomes legal, and illegals can officially get free health-care here, it will be the beginning of the end.

The ban that was in place did not affect illegals because it only stopped those seeking legal entry into the US. Illegals enter the US regardless of the ban.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Pliskin

Don't despair, the law only applies to people who are coming to your precious country legally. Thus, there will be very few if any of the dreaded hiv+ "mexicans" which invade your blessed land and steal all your agricultural jobs.

Immigratring legally to the United States is almost impossible for the vast majority of improvished. But that's the point isn't it?

I am so glad that ATS is NOT a good representation of the majority of Americans.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

The stats are still high. This is why gays cannot donate blood to this day - because the larger majority of HIV-infected people are gay.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
OP are you trolling?....
No, for real.

I can't believe there was a ban in the first place...

Gay does not stand for Got Aids Yet.

Where does the OP mention gays?

It seems that YOU are the one making the connection between gays and people that are HIV positive.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Where does the OP mention gays?

Right here:

Originally posted by ldyserenity

President Obama on Friday announced the end of a 22-year ban on travel to the United States by people who had tested positive for the virus that causes AIDS, fulfilling a promise he made to gay advocates and acting to eliminate a restriction he said was “rooted in fear rather than fact.”

As to the subject of the OP, it would only make sense to keep out people with AIDS if we rounded up all our citizens with AIDS and kept them from interacting with the general public. It's not like foreign AIDS has a worse strain or that it's more communicable or dangerous that US AIDS. It doesn't make sense to disallow people with AIDS in the country.

Originally posted by Merigold
I am so glad that ATS is NOT a good representation of the majority of Americans.

[edit on 6/28/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

My point and you know it
is that the OP never said that the people trying to get in that were HIV positive were gay. He said it was supported by gay rights activists.

IF these people - or some large percentage - were gay, it would seem strange for gay rights activists to support having more possible HIV carriers added to the population, since in some way it could also add to the number of new infections.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

You are responsible in that you will take measures to not pass on HIV.

You will act as a responsible human in a civilized society.

Sorry for any confusion.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Thank you for the clarificication and your are absolutely right. I've cruised through craiglist upon time (just being a perv), and identified people that they were in fact HIV positive. This is a nghtmnarish time bomb. These people have no ethical morals. It they want sex......at least come out and say your HIV positive instead of lying.

The line I hate most with these type of classified is that you 'll get people saying "Drug, disease freee...you be too.

Well, show me a very recent and lab work before I would even consider having sex with someone. Yes Virginia, there are other diseases out that there that I do not want!

Thanks again for your reply.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Yet you totally despise other nations that do enforce laws, have moral standards, and discriminate against evil.

It might be argued that to accept the "tempest-tost" with open arms is to be of "moral" high ground.

Is it evil to be accepting of someone who contracted HIV through tainted blood?
Is being "gay" evil? If not, then is having HIV as a result of "men having sex with men" (MSM); ie "being gay" evil?
Is being a recovered IV drug user evil? What if you're left with HIV... then you're evil?

In Canada over 60% of new HIV cases are due to MSM.

www.avert.org...

Sri Oracle

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by ldyserenity

But it is a virus, not a bacteria or germ. And it is passed through sex or exchange of blood. Somehow I get an inlking that you don't donate blood. ;P

I have donated blood twice.... actually because I am O POS My blood is in high demand, but that changed when I asked if I could also send some pints to a collection just for me, in case I ever need it... when they said there's no way that can be done, well then I decided it was not in my best interest to do so anymore. And I always watched them open new needles and watched every thing they did, making sure they were not being careless, it was easy in a tiny little bus lol. I know that it is a virus, It's still something I don't wanan come in contact with just as the flu virus... yes that's a virus too, which I donot want contact with. If I even think a friend has it I will not let them into my vicinity, I hate being sick.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Pliskin
I guess a lot of you did not see that the OP posted this...

Originally posted by ldyserenity
so we'll be paying for HIV treatments for IMMIGRANTS WITH AIDS!!!!!!!!

You people, who think this is ok, are living in some imaginary dream world.
The people of our country cannot be forced to nursemaid the entire world!
The USA is already hated, regardless of everything decent we have done. Only the negative is focused on.
Now, we are having our arms twisted into care-taking for an entire nation that, instead of fixing the problems that exist in their own country, are bringing them into ours.
To all of you super-liberals, pack up, and take your good intentions south of our border, and try to actually fix the problem.
Do not force your will on our way of life.
Whether it is popular or not, my daughter comes first to me. These people will have to solve their problems on their own soil.

Yeah I used to be a liberal,too; and then I grew up!

Thank you for your reply.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Because there are no irresponsible, partying, Downright stupid wealthy people right????

LOL...Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Brittney Spears, good examples of the sort...and the list could go on and on, however I do not wish to make this a lengthy post.

Thanks for all the replies...I had actually thought this was a dead thread.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join