It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBAMA lifts BAN From HIV Positive immigrants entering the US!!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
If there were a "Political ludicrousy" Board I would post this there!!!! He has lifted the ban on immigrants that are HIV POSITIVE!!!!

I did a search and it seems nobody here has posted this yet. This must have gone under the radar, I was informed of this through a friend and in disbeleif looked it up and HOLY H*** it's TRUE!!!! What is this madness? How the Heck can we EVER feel safe seeking medical attention at all????

OMG and then he passed the healthcare bill, so we'll be paying for HIV treatments for IMMIGRANTS WITH AIDS!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! I am so pee oed right now I could vomit!

Snippit from article
source

Obama Lifts a Ban on Entry Into U.S. by H.I.V.-Positive People
Facebook
Twitter
Recommend
Sign In to E-Mail
Print

Reprints

By JULIA PRESTON
Published: October 30, 2009
President Obama on Friday announced the end of a 22-year ban on travel to the United States by people who had tested positive for the virus that causes AIDS, fulfilling a promise he made to gay advocates and acting to eliminate a restriction he said was “rooted in fear rather than fact.”

[edit on 25-6-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Can I ask what's wrong with that? You can't get AIDS from an immigrant's breath. If it were a more communicable disease then I'd be worried.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
OP are you trolling?....
No, for real.

I can't believe there was a ban in the first place...

Gay does not stand for Got Aids Yet.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback
Can I ask what's wrong with that? You can't get AIDS from an immigrant's breath. If it were a more communicable disease then I'd be worried.

I said I would not go seeking any health care... because I would rather die than get sick from cross contamination! Think I'm wrong research how many come out of hospital care with worse illnesses than what they were being treated for. And with the healthcare workers that negligent. I would not dare ever go seek healthcare ever again!!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
OP are you trolling?....
No, for real.

I can't believe there was a ban in the first place...

Gay does not stand for Got Aids Yet.

This has nothing to do with Gays, most people, unlike you know that 99.999999% of the people who get infected are Heterosexual. I was in nursing school, I know this for fact! I don't think you know what you are talking about. There never was any mention of Gays in the entire article!
Oh except the dumb a** comment Obama made, but have we not proven he's even dumber than DUBBYA?!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Liberal Presidents are lax on disease control and prevention. Bill Clinton opened the doors to Haitian Boat People in spite of their disease state. Doctor Joycelyn Elders was Surgeon General then. All she could do was stick her foot in her mouth.

Obama is a Chicago politician, what does he know or care about communicable disease control no mater how deadly? Maybe he can get some gay votes while the rest of us are napping?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'm pretty conservative and I always saw that ban as just fear mongering. Also with the advances in treatment most actually live a normal life now, so I’m with the president on this one…

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I'm pretty conservative and I always saw that ban as just fear mongering. Also with the advances in treatment most actually live a normal life now, so I’m with the president on this one…

You obviously don't know how negligent the healthcare workers are these days, and I guarantee witht he stupid healthcare bill, it's going to be worse. Just see how many people will die because of cross contamination. We stayed this healthy for so long because there was such a ban and that they knew how to keep the cross contamination down when there were so few that had it, but if we get a whole slew of infected people, the care taken will generally slip, and there will be more cross contamination, because they'll be overtaxed. The nurses already work 12 hr shifts now, how about when the hospitals are being overrun by hiv infected people? It's going to be very bad.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Americans are very big on personal rights and freedoms.

So if some leper, or plague infected person, or some aids infected queer decides to pass on his/her disease, it would be infringing his or her rights to prevent it.

And while you yourself are slowly dying a lingering death, it is your absolute right to pass it on to as many other Americans as you possibly can.

Anything else would be denying personal freedom.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

and there's not a single person in USA currently, infected with HIV, right? the risk so far was equal to zero and that's why you're so scared, yes? because millions of HIV-positive immigrants will come in a matter of a single week and will screw up your oh-so-perfect-and-safe healthcare?

reading crap like this makes me pissed. where the hell is your humanity?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamster

and there's not a single person in USA currently, infected with HIV, right? the risk so far was equal to zero and that's why you're so scared, yes? because millions of HIV-positive immigrants will come in a matter of a single week and will screw up your oh-so-perfect-and-safe healthcare?

reading crap like this makes me pissed. where the hell is your humanity?

It's far from perfect, and it's getting worse that is the point. I would like to also point out that with the healthcare bill in place, it will be even more likely for slips to happen. It's not them coming all at once I am sure that's not going to happen. This will take time for it to happen obviously long way down the road. maybe it wasn't that one single person didn't have it, it's pretty low number per population, though and easier to control in a hospital environment then if there were thousands in every city (Which there isnt).

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

what's the purpose of your hatred then? sooner US will fall apart than anything will come out of this. seriously, calm down.

second... whatever.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Americans are very big on personal rights and freedoms.

So if some leper, or plague infected person, or some aids infected queer decides to pass on his/her disease, it would be infringing his or her rights to prevent it.

And while you yourself are slowly dying a lingering death, it is your absolute right to pass it on to as many other Americans as you possibly can.

Anything else would be denying personal freedom.

You sound ignorant....Nobody says anything about queers, if you had a lick of sense you'd know that it is NOT a GAY disease, most people are heterosexual whom have it. If you ask me I'd rather sit next to the Gay guy than the drug user guy, or the hemophiliac, or the male / female promiscuious person.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

what's the purpose of your hatred then? sooner US will fall apart than anything will come out of this. seriously, calm down.

second... whatever.

If you're talking about my hatered for OBAMA?He's a moron...that's why. But, what I am thinking about has nothing to do with gays, it's a misconception they are the only ones that get the disease and if you read my other posts then you'd know about 99 percent of the people whoo are infected are not homosexual, most are drug users (WE definatley don't need more of those here), and hemophiliacs, which is not even their fault and then running third, is the promisuous straight person, who I might add are more likely to continue the spread as they will not even inform their partners.
You obviously know nothing about the disease at all, and it's actually quite bigoted that you think only gay people get it.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

where did i say only gay people get it? and about your hatred, you're showing it quite clearly - mostly hatred for HIV-positive people, but i suspect you have a problem with gay people as well. the only thing i'm not considering a bad thing, is your hatred for obama - as far as silly it is (he's just a puppet after all), it's understandable.

i won't post in this thread anymore, it's a waste of time.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I won't pass judgement on this bill, but for those of us who've been around since the first AIDS cases were observed, this disease or syndrome has been treated as a political issue rather than a medical one.

You can bet that Obama is less concerned with the spread of the disease as he is with making a segment of his political base happy.

AIDS is a disease that is conquerable completely by behavioral changes and initially there was some evidence of that happening.

Truthfully, AIDS and being gay have no relationship, except as the behavior of gay men especially is concerned.

So the bill never was discriminatory against gays. It rightfully discriminated against foreigners who were affected, but then medical treatments and preventative measures are often discriminatory by their very nature.

Men don't need PAP smears and women don't need PSA tests.

It may be that the treatment of the disease has advanced to the point that this bill will have little effect on the spread, but even if that was the case, that is not why it was passed.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity you'd know that it is NOT a GAY disease, most people are heterosexual whom have it.

That is simply untrue.
Aids is spread mainly through male homosexual contact, because of the rampant promiscuity and the very high number of sex partners these guys have.
And your new, now openly queer US military are about to discover that for themselves.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

At first glance it looks like Pres. Obama is trying to kill off some people.

At second glance it looks like Pres. Obama is trying to kill off some people.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

where did i say only gay people get it? and about your hatred, you're showing it quite clearly - mostly hatred for HIV-positive people, but i suspect you have a problem with gay people as well. the only thing i'm not considering a bad thing, is your hatred for obama - as far as silly it is (he's just a puppet after all), it's understandable.

i won't post in this thread anymore, it's a waste of time.

Whatever, I am thinking about health I don't really care what you beleive.
I am not bigoted I have no hatred, except maybe for idiocy.

You are the one saying I am showing hatred, well yes I hate drug users, sellers and why shouldn't I? They are the dregs of society, are you a drug user? I guesws so or else you wouldn't be offended. And yes I hate people that sleep with tons of partners when they know they are infected and don't care if they pass it on/ don't tell their partners oh and rapists who have the disease and rape a woman and spread it to her through no fault of her own, so yes I hate those type of intellects, well that's the wrong word because if they had any intellect they would not do those things! They're losers. Too BAD. Cry me a river. I have no sympathy for those. And yes I knew a woman who got infected through being raped by one of those people (straight male) and now she has to suffer. So you are clueless what kind of people they could be allowing into this country.
And with all the hatred for the US this will be something the dregs who have a psychopathy will decide to use against the US... If you don't see that you're blind.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I didn't know people still think like this...How much stuff do you do in a regular day that puts you at risk of getting AIDS? Probably zero. The ban was probably placed to keep Africans from entering the U.S. anyway. Stop living your life in fear.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join