It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Insiders: get ready for the gulf "Dead Zone"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Reminds me of John Titor claiming to have joined an shotgun infantry unit in 2011, fighting with the "Fighting Diamondbacks" out of Florida.

Maybe when the government tells people to leave, SHTF will hit the fan.

Well, I don't believe in any of those "man from the future" claims, but me and my buddies are a considerable force here in Florida. AND, we do have a special affinity for Shotguns!

So, if and when SHTF, and if and when we have to fight our way out, and if and when we decide to name ourselves, I think I will go with "Fighting Diamondbacks!" It is sort of a nod to Ben Franklin and the Founding Fathers, it is a nod to the Gadsden Flag and the significance of the Rattlesnake as an emblem, AND it will give credibility to Titor and the "Divine Providence" belief that helped build America as the "City on the Hill."

With all of those things going for my little outfit, maybe it will be successful? Hypothetically of course!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

those web bot predictions are downright eerie. I noticed an absence of ancient methane gas bubbles blowing or tsunamis , let's hope that's because they don't happen.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

True they are but i don't know what to think about it.
So i will stay on the fence so to speak i only put it there because it came up in the search but there are some similarities like you said downright eerie.

Thankyou

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
“mandatory evacuation” and I bet they guard it to. why so eager to get people out? and why are they still spraying it with some thing more poisonous? they are making it far worse than it is. I bet they drill as much as they like in the future. why do they wont this oil so much? you can get oil in many other places. the heads of BP must be totally insane.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

With all of those things going for my little outfit, maybe it will be successful? Hypothetically of course!

A lot can happen in a year

Hypothetically, of course...

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Exactly the headline I didn't want to see. Ever...

My God What have we done?

You know if we ever thought we deserved this planet?

We were wrong, Dead wrong.

Yeah, cuz God made it for the beavers.

I think some economists estimated the Iraq war to have a total cost of 2 trillion, so this one incident will match or surpass that.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Update:

"Gulf dead zone to be larger than average"

www.bizjournals.com...

"The Gulf oil spill isn’t the only foreign substance that concerns ecologists who monitor the region.

University of Michigan aquatic researcher Donald Scavia and his colleagues say this year’s Gulf of Mexico “dead zone” is expected to be larger than average, continuing a decades-long trend that threatens the health of the billion-dollar fishing industry.

The 2010 forecast, released this week by the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, predicts that the dead zone could measure between 6,500 and 7,800 square miles, equivalent to the size of Lake Ontario."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join