It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Insiders: get ready for the gulf "Dead Zone"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Just came across this and if true this is not good at all.

Government Insiders: Get Ready for the Gulf "Dead Zone"

Bad news concerning the Gulf oil disaster continues to come from WMR's federal government sources in the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the US Army Corps of Engineers. Emergency planners are dealing with a prospective "dead zone" within a 200 mile radius from the Deepwater Horizon disaster datum in the Gulf.
A looming environmental and population displacement disaster is brewing in the Gulf. The oil dispersant used by BP, Corexit 9500, is seen by FEMA sources as mixing with evaporated water from the Gulf and absorbed by rain clouds producing toxic precipitation that threatens to continue killling marine and land animals, plant life, and humans within a 200-mile radius of the Deepwater Horizon disaster site in the Gulf.
On a recent visit to the Gulf coast, President Obama vowed that the Gulf coast will "return to normal." However, federal officials dealing with the short- and long-term impact of the oil disaster report that the "dead zone" created by a combination of methane gas and Corexit toxic rain will force the evacuation and long-term abandonment of cities and towns within the 200-mile radius of the oil volcano.
FEMA officials also claim that the $20 billion compensation fund set aside by BP is not nearly enough to offset the costs of the disaster. The FEMA sources say the disaster will cost well in excess of $1 trillion, and likely closer to $2-3 trillion.

Linkoilprice.com...
Did not see this posted what do you think i do not know how reliable the source is i will look around and see what i can dig up.

Thankyou

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Exactly the headline I didn't want to see. Ever...

My God What have we done?

You know if we ever thought we deserved this planet?

We were wrong, Dead wrong.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I don't know much about the validity of this website but lets hope this isn't true. Can one of ATS many research masters take a peek at this website and article?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Found a lot of links to this.
www.marketoracle.co.uk...

www.stockmarketsreview.com...

theintelhub.com...

There is lots more but that don't prove anything is true but its a start.
I don't know what your thoughts are on webbot but this popped up in my search.
Linkphilosophers-stone.co.uk...
Very strange

Thankyou

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Apparently, the guys that make the stuff (it's made right here in the U.S., in Illinois) -the dispersant that is - were pretty quick to hire up lawyers in April. Also they have been pretty damn shady, not wanting to say exactly what is in the dispersant. Did I mention that they are apparently well connected with the EPA as well?

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Right away I noticed that they called it an "oil volcano" and they also said within a 200 mile radius of the well, which doesn't make sense scientifically. The "dead zone" will be more like a tear drop shape with the well at the extreme narrow point and the deadzone in the direction of prevailing currents and winds.

So, I say the article is not credible, however I think the warning is still significant. There will be a dead zone, and it will affect the economy and society and way of life along the coast.

I don't think there will be evacuations, but I think there will be a voluntary mass exodus away from the coast as the job and housing markets crumble!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I would however expect to see evacuations of a larger scale than normal if a Hurricane takes aim...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
"On a recent visit to the Gulf coast, President Obama vowed that the Gulf coast will "return to normal." However, federal officials dealing with the short- and long-term impact of the oil disaster report that the "dead zone" created by a combination of methane gas and Corexit toxic rain will force the evacuation and long-term abandonment of cities and towns within the 200-mile radius of the oil volcano."

Anyone with HAZWOPER training and / or a moderate understanding of meteorology will tell you this is highly likely. Crude is some pretty nasty stuff. I don't even want to think what would happen if this current tropical storm (Alex, is it?) Makes a beeline for it.

"FEMA officials also claim that the $20 billion compensation fund set aside by BP is not nearly enough to offset the costs of the disaster. The FEMA sources say the disaster will cost well in excess of $1 trillion, and likely closer to $2-3 trillion."

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that if they don't cap this puppy soon, it's going to be double that.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Are they saying that the evaporation of Corexit into the air will cause acid death rain for a 200 mile radius of the oil spill? Or are they saying that everything within a 200 mile radius will be dead?

Either way, it is absolutely over the top horrifyingly bad, bad, bad!

But I am trying to understand the nature of the destruction. Which is it?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by getreadyalready

I would however expect to see evacuations of a larger scale than normal if a Hurricane takes aim...

Actually, I expect worse than normal hurricanes in general. The oily coating on top of the Gulf acts like a solar heater. People with hot tubs and pools will recognize that there is a product that puts an oily sheen across your pool and holds in the solar heating effect. Our Gulf of Mexico has a giant heat blanket on it, so it is going to get very, very warm!

Therefore, you may be correct about hurricane evacuations.

There will also certainly be some nasty stuff picked up by the rain bands and spread inland.

There will also certainly be some nasty stuff carried far into shore and riverways by the storm surge and wave action.

No doubt that this hurricane season is going to bring more damage, in more ways than any previous season. I still don't foresee forced mass evacuations, but I do foresee mass voluntary exodus! People that used to ride out the storm and enjoy the rain and surf and seafood really have nothing to hang around for!
Including me.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EnkiCarbone

Good point there but i must stress i don't know how valid this is i am sure they would plan for something like this as the norm.
After all the government should have prepared for such an event they have had stack's of time to assess all possibilities

I hope it don't come to that were would all the people go FEMA camps

This is the last thread i do on this Deepwater subject not nice threads to do.

Thankyou

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm sure they do have a plan, just like with nuclear emergencies/attacks or any type of disasters. How well these plans are thought out and implemented is another story, as well as the situation reaching the point where a Gulf evacuation scenario is likely. I personally don't see it happening, but when noone seems to know the true scope of whats going on, I think that's hard for anyone to say.

But I was bored, so I measured out 200 miles on Google Earth and here would be the estimated evacuation zone...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/71550905cb04.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/267071d9ea61.jpg[/atsimg]

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Plans are being put in place for the mandatory evacuation of New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Mandeville, Hammond, Houma, Belle Chase, Chalmette, Slidell, Biloxi, Gulfport, Pensacola, Hattiesburg, Mobile, Bay Minette, Fort Walton Beach, Panama City, Crestview, and Pascagoula. The toxic rain from the Gulf is expected to poison fresh water reservoirs and lakes, streams, and rivers, which will also have a disastrous impact on agriculture and livestock, as well as drinking water, in the affected region.

www.stockmarketsreview.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

That is a very big area just imagine the cost to an economy that is already in taters not good at all.

Thanks for taking the time to do that
lets just hope it never comes to this.

Thankyou

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Plus the neighboring area which will suffer ties cut.
It is a huge disaster.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Good point the ripple effect but as said before we don't know if it will come to this lets hope not.

Thankyou

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

the 'danger death ' post:

evacuation of New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Mandeville, Hammond, Houma, Belle Chase, Chalmette, Slidell, Biloxi, Gulfport, Pensacola, Hattiesburg, Mobile, Bay Minette, Fort Walton Beach, Panama City, Crestview, and Pascagoula.

seems to include more than just a 200 km arc from the BP- Well's blow-out site.

it may well enlarge to 200km of all the Gulf Coast shoreline and into Mexico & the Yucatan...Cuba...Carribbean....(depending on the currents)

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Reminds me of John Titor claiming to have joined an shotgun infantry unit in 2011, fighting with the "Fighting Diamondbacks" out of Florida.

Maybe when the government tells people to leave, SHTF will hit the fan.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

This is the native american perspective on the use of "resources"
The Gulf of mexico Bp oil disaster is out of control...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

All those areas are within the 200 mile radius I just used Google Earth to check.

The US is the only land mass within 200 miles of the leak site.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join