It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks ATS I have no life now

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Just understand also that later on if you're ever married and/or ever have kids that it becomes MUCH more difficult to balance computer habits and family/spouse time...

Apart from ATS I used to play computer games in leagues online, so we also had practices throughout the week and stuff.... It was pretty insane on top of being married and also taking a full load of college classes on top of that. Then I had a baby boy in 2005 so the entire game changed..

All I'm saying: Enjoy it while it lasts and don't take it for granted. Some people I know are 30-somethings that do nothing but smoke weed and play computer games (aka "Freelance") with no job to speak of.

Young people have so many critical decisions to make that inevitably affect the outcome of their lives and alot of those critical decisions don't seem so critical at the time. So don't take your choices for granted either.

Somtimes the bad stuff isn't so bad if you learn from it. Plus, the bad stuff that happens in life can help you get back on the right path.

The most important thing of all is going after your passion and what you enjoy doing. Life is meaningless unless you claim it for yourself like any self-aware, breathing human being should. Life doesn't matter unless you're happy. Being happy means doing what you enjoy doing and getting paid for it is just icing on the cake.

A couple years ago my buddy was fired from "Best Buy" due to cutbacks.. It's all he'd done for 6 years and he was really lost and had no idea what to do. I went down to Anchorage to visit him and we had a long discussion over some bud light. After our discussion he knew exactly what he had to do. He decided to drop everything, finish his college education once and for all, and so motivated as he was.. He somehow got selected amongst 4 other people to be admitted to a film school down in California. He finally realized he was such a huge scifi buff that he wanted to make/film science fiction movies.. And he did it! He flew down to Cali and is still there in film school right now... All because we had that discussion.

Sometimes people just need to press pause..Step back and really gain some perspective. I mean, the guy could still be at that crappy Best Buy job trying to explain smartphones to an 80 year old. Instead, he went after his dream!

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
When I sent my laptop in for repairs I used my phone. And I had a Verizon PrePaid (refuse to get a new fangled one for now) with very limited capabilities and pixelated display. I had no u2u's for a week but participated heavily in a couple of threads. Nothing like trying to text a post...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

Some days I do this, especially on bad days with I hurt, and don't feel like going outside. I like this board, it gets a lot of action, replies come fast, and debates are heated sometimes. This fuels me. I am disabled and haven't worked for years except a little PC repair at home, so it's not like I have a job or anything, if any of those still exist.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
My significant other an I met on a chat forum and after a computer romance we decided it was more fun to compute together.

We both have our things we do to keep the home clean and running smoothly. We even garden and do crafts.

But, we are glued to our computers every chance we get.

Before I found ATS I was into some very dark forums that I care not to discuss. My family was very concerned for my sanity and safety.

So I stopped going to the other forums and found ATS. Family now is no longer concerned with my safety and they have read enough of my posts to know I am totally insane and I like it this way.

ATS you are very special to me.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
lmao

ATS should have it's own warning label from the
Surgeon General:

WARNING: Consumers who use this product are subject
to prematurely eject from society, have no life, friends,
family and no refresh button. Can cause headaches, dizziness,
nausea, ulcers and even high blood pressure with continued use.
Use this product in moderation and please consult your
psychologist if temper tantrums exceed 4 hours. Use of this
product is not advisable to children under the age of 95.
Please do not use this product if you have had leakage
of the brain as it may worsen the effect and cause hypnotic
seizures. If you find yourself addicted to this product for more
than 40 hours a week, please admit yourself to the nearest
asylum for further testing.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
When I sent my laptop in for repairs I used my phone. And I had a Verizon PrePaid (refuse to get a new fangled one for now) with very limited capabilities and pixelated display. I had no u2u's for a week but participated heavily in a couple of threads. Nothing like trying to text a post...

At the end of all my boss's emails is "Painstakingly sent from my iphone".

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

LOL, never have been one to take warning labels seriously! Guess I better check myself in!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Things are getting bad!

Real life (like work and socializing) is starting to become a nuisance!

I could quite happily be a brain in a jar, wired up to my little computer

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26914b5f65bf.jpg[/atsimg]

I hope to god it wears off.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join