It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks ATS I have no life now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Soooo who else sits here for hours on end hitting the refresh button looking for new topics to read and comment on. I seriously need to get up and go do something......

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I did that for about 6 weeks sucking up as much information as possible.

Now I spend about 45 minutes a day here average.

I peek in every couple hours too see if anything interesting is up.

I feel that I have a gross understanding of most topics that I no longer need to know every single little detail.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I have finally learned to condition myself to doing my chores, etc in the morning, then I have the rest of the day to sit and click and - learn! Nothing wrong with learning, I love it.

ATS

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Lol, time does fly when your clicking the refresh button (-: At least it sounds like your only on ATS, I check the new posts on a number of other forums as well, Im always like "I gotta go after I check this... oh thats interesting, let me watch this youtube link... I havent heard of that, Im gonna look it up on wiki..." and before I know it an hour has pasted.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well it beats Facebook and Twitter everyone else seems to be loving those. At least here you might learn something other than what some guy/girl you met at a party once had for breakfast that day.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Facebook and Twitter are a joke!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have this feeling if I dont check this all the time, I will miss something important going on. You really cant beat a group of people from all over the world reporting on events, and posting news items you wouldn't normally see. Even if there are a small number of people here who just like starting useless arguments that will never end.......

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Welcome to the internet age.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
have not got to that point but with the oil spill being blacked out I have found myself on here more looking for info.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'm glad someone made a thread about this cause I thought maybe I was the only one
I wasn't sure though, this site is addicting and i'll also find myself thinking of reasons to make a thread instead of an idea naturally coming to me! only I click the ATS firehouse button over and over instead of the refresh button!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
My rules.....
#1- Never post after 3pm.
#2- Never post before 3:10 pm.
#3- Never post something that will pith someone off, You know who you are, you jerks!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502You really cant beat a group of people from all over the world reporting on events, and posting news items you wouldn't normally see. Even if there are a small number of people here who just like starting useless arguments that will never end.......

I keep on coming across new things that make me laugh!

The whole site is cleverly designed to be addictive. Its good fun and i have found myself having to give myself a reality check once or twice to get myself back into 'Real Life'.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

ME!

I used to blog on a site called Soulcast.com however it turned into a bloggers hell, full of alts, spammers and offensive blogs. I also found that my blogs were heavily criticised by people who didn’t know what I or they were talking about. Now I have found ATS and have none of those problems, and yes i have overworked my refresh button. I have ATS open in my tabs permentetly its fantastic, there is always something to talk about, debate or just wet your self laughing at.

LONG LIVE ATS AND MY REFRESH BUTTON!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have to admit, I'm sad enough to have it as my homepage on one of my browsers, not to mention I go onto it on my phone. There is so much to find out and where else can you find an extensive horde of research or....gibberish.

I have to say though I'm in love with `My ATS` and `Chat.`

If I get bad exam results...ATS you are to blame!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
ats has got some addiction potential.
when i start ats i go to "board home" then on "new topics" and refresh, refresh, refresh.
by the way, does anybody know if this way lets me get all of the new topics or am i missing out on some ?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
Soooo who else sits here for hours on end hitting the refresh button looking for new topics to read and comment on. I seriously need to get up and go do something......
I usually check this once a day or so, but I still get out of here an enjoy my life.Get outside, enjoy some fresh air!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
After you get your initial binge fix of ats you will come and go until something big happens.... Like deepwater

And then it will suck up your life all over again... And if you engage in the research and contribute to threads, you will have learned quite a bit...

The only real way to break the addiction is to go live your life. Make at least one ats free day in your binge and you Should be back to normal in no time...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
lol yes my name is Yig and yes I am a ATS ADDICT! I think this site is one of the best news feeds and yes I am guilty of the refresh button abuse! I know it has certainly saved me at work in my down time and made my day way less boring. Only downside there is I am not reading as many books!
I so do love the diversity

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Count me in.

We should form the ATS junky Corps.

By the way... ?
Does anyone know where I can get me a new refresh button ? I seems mine is worn of. It's hardly visible.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

You should try ats on the iPad.... It's concentrated

top topics

<<   2 >>

join