It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate change sceptics are less 'credible' scientists, finds survey

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I apologize for taking the editorial license to put the word 'credible' in isolation like that. I just have a hard time accepting the label of credibility based on the criteria used by the pollsters and their analysts.

Agree wholeheartedly.

Most high-profile science and philosophy in our history comes from people who were at once either 'crazy' or simply lacked such 'credibility' as the institutions of the day would accept.

Additionally, the article itself relies on scientific consensus. Ironically, scientific consensus has been consistently wrong on numerous issues throughout the years.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Less credible than the scientists pushing for Global Warming, distorting, manipulating, and deleting data to advance their agenda?

I find that hard to believe.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Less credible than the scientists pushing for Global Warming, distorting, manipulating, and deleting data to advance their agenda?

Just like the same Drill Baby Drill crowd finds it hard to believe we should suspend offshore drilling.

The denial is pathetic in wake of the evidence. If you don't believe me, sit in a closed garage with your car running for an hour and report back in.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

The denial is pathetic in wake of the evidence.

Denial and skepticism are two different things. Please look them up if you don't understand.

Also, some of the data the AGW "evidence" is based on is dubious and due proper skepticism.

Please feel free to review this thread which details some problems with scientific consensus.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Please feel free to review this thread which details some problems with scientific consensus.

I did and to an extent I agree that:

scientific consensus? It's completely unreliable.

Which is why I base my assessment on empirical first hand witnessed proof of it's effects, oh and a dash of common sense.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Just like the same Drill Baby Drill crowd finds it hard to believe we should suspend offshore drilling.

The denial is pathetic in wake of the evidence. If you don't believe me, sit in a closed garage with your car running for an hour and report back in.

I actually find it hard to believe that oil companies are FORCED to drill 50 miles offshore in MILE DEEP water in the first place, by the same enviro-whackos who believe in Global Warming in the first place.

Drill, baby, drill.....in places much safer, such as ANWR.

If Global Warming was occuring there would be absolutely no need to DISTORT, MANIPULATE, and DELETE data in an attempt to prove it.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

It is beyond my comprehension to think that any sane and rational person could somehow dismiss the adverse effects of the human population on our planet.

What are you talking about? There have always been "adverse effects" caused by human population on this planet, but it's a specific segment of the human population that have been adversely effecting this planet:

The banksters, the royal families of Europe, their puppet politicians, their mega corporations who pollute huge areas of the earth and sea and displace and murder indigenous populations; their military industrial complex that blow things and people to pieces and poison entire regions for billions of years with DU, their pharmaceutical industrial complex that infest the earth with deadly diseases through vaccines, their propaganda machine to spread their lies (TV and print press) and their lying low-level shills that come on websites like these for a few pennies to spread lies about everything from "climate change" and "peak oil" to covering up mass murder from false flag terror and genocide from illegal wars.

Once we obliterate that specific segment of the human population from the face of the earth who have been causing all these "adverse effects", (who are not very many relatively speaking) the rest of the population will finally breathe a sign of relief and flourish to achieve its true potential in natural harmony with themselves on a clean and flourishing planet.

That time of harvest is almost here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join