It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Has Blown - Out Well In Sights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

BP Has Blown - Out Well In Sights

LONDON/VENICE, Louisiana (Reuters) - BP Plc said the relief well to plug the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is on track and now has the blown-out well in its sights.

Concern over its ability to pay the rapidly escalating cost of the worst spill in U.S. history continued to weigh on its shares, however, sending its London stock to a 14-year low and further hitting its credit profile.

BP said in a statement on Friday the first of two relief wells had successfully detected the MC252 well and would continue to a target intercept depth of 18,000 feet, when "kill" operations would begin.

More generally, investors are concerned about the ultimate costs to BP as it faces more than 200 spill-related lawsuits and has agreed under political pressure to set up a $20 billion fund to pay damages to oil spill victims.

BP Has Blown - Out Well in Sights

Im sure this will go good. Any negative energy won't help, so its good to stay positive.

BP has a long road ahead of them, but Mother Earth has even a longer one.

Im really wondering, after the leak is fixed, and looking about half a years time down the line, how much this will still be effecting people around the world.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
It could be a good time to buy stock in BP.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I no longer trust anything this company says or does. With talk of martial law being imposed to "help" with evacuations in the gulf states this "Accidental Oil Spill" is looking like anything but an accident. It looks like a false flag to me.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

BP announced today a giant oil discovery at its Tiber Prospect in the deepwater US Gulf of Mexico. The well, located in Keathley Canyon block 102, approximately 250 miles (400 kilometres) south east of Houston, is in 4,132 feet (1,259 metres) of water. The Tiber well was drilled to a total depth of approximately 35,055 feet (10,685 metres) making it one of the deepest wells ever drilled by the oil and gas industry. BP's Website

At the time of the explosion, the Deepwater Horizon was drilling an exploratory well at a water depth of approximately 5,000 feet (1,500 m) in the Macondo Prospect located ... WikiPedia

Are these depths correct? I can't find Macondo on the BP website.

I think what the article is saying is that the the relief well intercept (or ties into the oil pocket) at 18,000 feet, so is this difference in depth between the Macondo and the relief wells normal?

How far away from the blown out well is the relief well?

BP Spuds Second Relief Well on Macondo
Type: Drilling Operations

May. 2010 - BP spudded a second relief well on the Macondo site to intercept and isolate the wellbore. The GSF Development Driller II semisub initiated the relief well on Sunday, about two weeks after the GSF Development Driller III spudded the first relief well. BP is drilling the wells to intercept the original wellbore above the oil reservoir at approximately 16,000 feet (4,877 meters). Once the wells reach their intended target, the plan is to pump heavy fluid into the well to stop the flow of oil from the reservoir. Next, cement will be pumped down to permanently seal the well. BP estimates it will take approximately three months to complete each well. The Macondo prospect is located on Mississippi Canyon Block 252 in the Gulf of Mexico in a water depth of 4,993 feet (1,522 meters). BP serves as the operator, holding a 65% interest in the prospect; Anadarko holds 25%; and MOEX 2007 holds the remaining 10%.

BP Spuds Relief Well on Macondo Site
Type: Drilling Operations

May. 2010 - BP began drilling a relief well to intercept and isolate the oil from the Macondo site. The drillship, GSF Development Driller II, is drilling this relief well. BP plans for the new well to intercept the existing, leaking well at a depth of roughly 13,000 feet (3,962 meters) below the seabed and permanently seal it. The new drill site is located about 1.5 miles (2 kilometers) from the leaking well on Mississippi Canyon Block 252, and drilling should take about three months.

www.subseaiq.com...

[edit on 25-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

I don't give a Rats A$$ how much those that invested in BP cash out, well maybe I do, I hope you loose everything.

They talk up these relief wells... I don't get a warm feeling on this.
If they miss the mark, you have just put another outlit in the Ocean floor to release more X3. (I) Not to mention further weakening the crust of the floor, allowing any further pressure to push out that side of the foundation of Earth. Remember, they drilled near/on the ridge. It's like sticking 3 sticks of explosives on the side of an Mountain.
I see a Huge fracture waiting to crumble. It won't look like Mt Rushmore! However the name comes into thought.

www.iris.edu...

Continue to look close around the Gulf, they appear small now, A warning Earth is giving us now.

Be Wise!
Be Well!

Jesse.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Keep in mind it's a tedious process with the echo location so it may still take a few weeks, hopefully not. BP did something right and had the best people on these RW's.......

But as I stated earlier once this well is killed it really will not change the silly consumption habits America has become accustomed with. The damage would have to be severe it will be business as usual, same agency MMS, same corrupt pay-offs, SUV's will continue rolling out of the factories, and in two weeks the message will be forgotten. Six months later "drill baby drill" all over again and the next disaster will be project Liberty.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Thank you for this! I'm happy to hear some encouraging news this morning, and I immensely appreciate your reminder to stay positive.

I am positive! This endeavor will be successful, and we will have all had a glass of icy water thrown in our faces, which we needed.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jessemole

the relief well does not actually go into the oil reserve and so if they miss there should not be any more leak. also if they did stike oil hopefully all the saftey features that should have worked on the Horizon rig will work i.e BOP.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by shmo5]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen
Keep in mind it's a tedious process with the echo location so it may still take a few weeks, hopefully not. BP did something right and had the best people on these RW's.......

But as I stated earlier once this well is killed it really will not change the silly consumption habits America has become accustomed with. The damage would have to be severe it will be business as usual, same agency MMS, same corrupt pay-offs, SUV's will continue rolling out of the factories, and in two weeks the message will be forgotten. Six months later "drill baby drill" all over again and the next disaster will be project Liberty.

No. This oil gusher has and will fundamentally change the US. And, not in good ways. Now our politicians have all the "excuse" they needed to enact their Cap&Trade schemes. Oil will become far more expensive at the outlets: Heating oil, electricity generation, transportation. Those SUVs you derisively mention above will sit idle again. And, no, I do not drive an SUV. I drive a car that gets 36 mpg on the highway.

I do not disagree that for the average person, away from the coastal regions, the issue will quickly be forgotten unless they can in some way profit from it. The 1969 oil spill off the coast of California still reverberates today... for those in California.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I happen to believe it's nearly over . Martial law and evacuations ?? for what somebodys fantasy that the gulf will collapse. 2 years everything will be back to normal everywhere. I've going to Flordia trying to buy some lamd but the rich people are sucking it up from the gloom and doomers already.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

The chemicals will be in the sand for years. People will think twice before they come down here and lay in the sand or swim. Its not nearly over. Its just beginning.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I was looking at this earlier. It appears that the first relief well is getting very close. Will be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks.

BP PDF

[edit on 25-6-2010 by ThreeNF]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeNF

ye they are pretty close with one of the relief wells according to the last technical update (18 June) thay where 200 meters away and are having to slow down the process to echo locate the existing well. They also hope to replace the LMRP cap with a seal ontop that will capture all of the oil coming out of the riser aswell.

top topics

join