It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Broad Way verses The Narrow Way

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

Then why on Earth would you believe in Paul when Jesus himself told you to believe in HIM.

Having belief in someone means more than just believing they exist. It means trusting in them. Having belief that they will not lead you astray.

If you believe in Jesus, you would follow his word. Honor his message. Not the message of the person who followed along and promised people an easy way out. Jesus' life was as much his teaching as his words. We were meant to live as he lived, not live as we like and be grateful that he did all the work for us.

James

22But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

23For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

24For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

14What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

It is by your fruits that you will be known to be a follower of Christ. Just as He said. Not by your words.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

That quote from Jesus said absolutely nothing about his death and belief in him alone redeeming you. And it certainly doesnt override all the MANY times Jesus himself elaborated on HOW you needed to live.

Having faith in him did not mean having an empty belief that he died for your sins and now all you have to do is have faith that that is so. Having faith in him means being faithful to him, trusting his word, following his teachings. You are taking the fact that he said the word "faith" as being "faith alone" when Jesus clearly and repeatedly said otherwise.

You can do what you want to do. Im not trying to convince you. I am pointing out the simple easy to see truth that Paul is the deceiver Jesus warned about.

There are more "Christians" (I put that in quotes because they are so in name only if they are following Paul) than anything else in this world. It is the broad path. The narrow path are those who are living as Jesus would, and letting the Holy Spirit guide them from day to day in how to do that. There are very, very few people even trying to do that. Not that I myself succeed all or even most of the time. But I am not fooled into believing that nothing but belief is required of me.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

"I am not referring to all of you; I know those I have chosen. But this is to fulfill the scripture: 'He who shares my bread has lifted up his heel against me.'-John13.18

If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.-John15.19

I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.-John5.25

The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God."
64"Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."
65Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, "He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy.-Matt26.63

'Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.' 15"Then I asked, 'Who are you, Lord?'
" 'I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,' the Lord replied. 16'Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of me and what I will show you. 17I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them 18to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.'-Acts26

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

People don't see that humans have free will and freely used it for personal gain and other things, like Paul did when Usurping James to head the fledgling church-movement.

I am glad to see you here too. People dont WANT to believe it. What Jesus asked of them required effort. It required really and truly putting God first in your life, and not pursuing pleasures at all cost. It required not pursuing money, and cars, while there were people hungry around you. It is inconvenient to live as Jesus asked us to live.

It requires a lot of work to slowly set aside judgment. It is far easier to ignore that commandment hoping Jesus' death alone with redeem you, and then sit in judgment of others who are _____________ fill in the blank with whatever, druggies, pagans, homosexuals, etc. It is a lot more fun to look for specks in other peoples eyes, and not so fun removing the beam in your own. But, as Jesus promised, the burden is light. IF you can do those things, or to the degree you can do those things, your life is easy. It feels good to live that way, rather than to live in judgment and desire. Living that way means that you are not waiting for your reward after death, you life itself becomes more rewarding.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 20Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. 21For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.-2Pet1.19

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Who are you now? The preacher from the Jerry Springer show who offers up totally random and irrelevant quotes from the Bible as proof of something?

The only quote of those listed that has ANY relevance to the discussion of whether or not Paul has the authority to override Jesus is one that comes from Paul himself.

Which is not proof. It just proves Paul is not unwilling to lie directly in order to continue doing exactly what he was doing, destroying the message of Jesus. The only difference is he figured out it was easier and more effective to do it from the inside, rather than openly from the outside.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
John 21:25

25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

And how do you know that the prophets spoke of things of God, of the Holy Spirit. Do you just accept this and follow it, just faith?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

no one said Paul is above Jesus except you in your assumptions, are you appealing to the flesh by your PERSONAL attack? hmm -wonder where that comes from?

"But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set.-John5.45

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.-1Cor12.13

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I find it odd that you can not answer a question with your own words.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Just an observation on my part...

All of the slander concerning Paul is a bunch of garbage. I've read the Bible for 30+ years and don't see anything from him that I can't mesh with the teachings of Jesus. I don't see him leading anyone astray.

Peace out

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

fair enough, trust me you would not like the length nor the style to cover so much ground-writing is not my thing, the point is I heard an audible voice before knowing any scriptures and then found it written John5.25

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.-1Tim1.15

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

thank you

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.-Ps27.7

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

It was meant as a lighthearted way to point out the simple fact that you are quoting things almost at random that have little or nothing to do with the topic we are discussing. Just because the word "faith" is in a sentence, does not mean that sentence has to do with "faith being the only thing required of you to be saved."

You can call it an attack, if you like, I call it an observation.

Matthew 5

17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

I both admire and envy your boldness and I know that God will bless you for this post. It's late here and rather than a lengthy comment, I will just say pray for me. He will know of whom you speak.
Thanks,
Seeashrink

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join