It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell Me This- What if?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I was posting on another thread and this occured to me.

What if... If things in the U.S. became uncontrollable and we were pretty much on our own. Gas gone, food gone, killing, no internet ot tv, etc

How many of you would look for other ATS'ers to band together with should you have no family and friends at that time? (God Forbid)

How would we find or know eachother? There are a lot of members here and in a horrific time we should be prepared to ban together and try to find eachother because no matter how much we fight and bicker and no matter how many may be a little nutty,

ATS is our common bond.

I think the owners of ATS and its members should have a way of identifying one another in an all out crisis. If for nothing more than so we don't kill or hurt one of our own.

Yes this is a BIG what if but there has to be a visual sign of sorts.

Edited to Edit statement:
I probably shouldn't have said we should seek out ATS members but more along the lines of "how could we identify an ATS member" I might be less likely to shoot to kill if I see the ATS armband.... or at least give you a few seconds head start to get away from me.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Bachrk]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
there have been several threads on the 'wtshtf' (when the slop hits the fan) lately, such as which animals to keep (goats and chickens). I hate all that post-apocalyptic stuff but there I times when you wonder how long this era can continue. I know, when we have a major storm where I live, the store shelves are empty (I remember a couple years ago there was not a drop of milk, loaf of bread, or potato in an entire grocery store...just from one tropcl storm).
if there are people you trust you could consider establishing a meeting point (a farm in West Virginia) to reconnect. If I had $ I'd love to have 10-15 acres to garden and cut firewood.
something to think about bachrk.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Good question.

Maybe section off parts of the country, and have a common meeting place for each section.

For identifying each other, I will have to think about it, maybe have it do with something only ATS users would know?

Maybe wear a hat that says SIHTF or SI/HTF, (Shh Is Hitting The Fan).

[edit on 24-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Possibly Blade-style tattoos to identify ourselves. But where...back of neck, wrist?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Heres a one that will give you a funny sensation in your stomach. I want you to sit and relax....................................
...........Now imagine that every electrical device has stopped or turned off. Theres nothing, no electric no mobiles......nothing.
What do YOU do?
Do you even know whats happening and where?
How bad is it?
How will you find out?

Freaky. The thing is, what you have just read CAN happen.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleObserver
Good question.

Maybe section off parts of the country, and have a common meeting place for each section.

For identifying each other, I will have to think about it, maybe have it do with something only ATS user know?

I think that would be a good idea but for those traveling to get to these locations I'd like to know if a friend is standing (or running or fighting) beside me.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
Possibly Blade-style tattoos to identify ourselves. But where...back of neck, wrist?

Oh Lord LarryLove I just lasered off all my tattoos (myself and it was painful) and don't plan on getting another! lol Lets go with something everyone would consider. Unless a a tattoo drawn on with a sharpie counts. lol

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
Heres a one that will give you a funny sensation in your stomach. I want you to sit and relax....................................
...........Now imagine that every electrical device has stopped or turned off. Theres nothing, no electric no mobiles......nothing.
What do YOU do?
Do you even know whats happening and where?
How bad is it?
How will you find out?

Freaky. The thing is, what you have just read CAN happen.

Exactly and if it sounds far fetched to some certainly doesn't mean it can't happen which is why I think this thread is important.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
No offense to anyone here on ATS, but in a SHTF scenario, the last people I would want to be around is you nut jobs...just kidding.

Seriously, I wouldn't want to be around this bunch...it would only be a matter of time before the conspiracy theories started running rampant within the ATS survival group...paranoia...divisiveness...etc...Plus, some of yous folks have some scary looking weapons

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleObserver
Good question.

For identifying each other, I will have to think about it, maybe have it do with something only ATS users would know?

Maybe wear a hat that says SIHTF or SI/HTF, (Shh Is Hitting The Fan).

[edit on 24-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

BTW we couldn't wear SI/HTF hats because every redneck in my area already owns one and I doubt they are ATS members. But then again, those same hillybilly rednecks are usually tough as nails and fantastic shot.

Off topic, Come on folks I need some pity flags for points to fix my custom title.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Bachrk]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Here's an undoubtably awesome way for instant visual recognition:

Offical ATS Gear

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Well i say there's gonna be a baby boom the next year!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
No offense to anyone here on ATS, but in a SHTF scenario, the last people I would want to be around is you nut jobs...just kidding.

Seriously, I wouldn't want to be around this bunch...it would only be a matter of time before the conspiracy theories started running rampant within the ATS survival group...paranoia...divisiveness...etc...Plus, some of yous folks have some scary looking weapons

That may be true but I imagine paranoia and crazies will be running rampant with everyone if tshtf. I'd rather befriend the ATS nutbags than TOTAL stranger nutbags. Of course family and friends first but then what?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Ahaha no way, they really make those hats?

Darn I thought I had a good one with that idea. Hmm I will think of something else then.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk

Originally posted by LarryLove

Oh Lord LarryLove I just lasered off all my tattoos (myself and it was painful) and don't plan on getting another! lol Lets go with something everyone would consider. Unless a a tattoo drawn on with a sharpie counts. lol

Okay, I like this thread. And pity star and flag for you! Maybe a code? A hand sign? ATS could come up with something Esperanto like.

Anyhow, it means I gotta find me a boat and sail across the pond to join fellow ATSers when it all goes pear shaped.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

Love that shameless plugging
lol I do actually really want one.

This is a great idea, I'm in the UK though, otherwise I would be firing a Batman style ATS sign into the night sky! In all seriousness though Starred and Flagged for a brilliant idea.

In my case I have a few folks who I'll be keeping up to date on my own plans, but I can imagine folks who used to call me paranoid hanging round looking for some of my iodine tablets.
Tisk tisk, they may go an eat a whole shed load of fish instead cuz I'll not be answering the door.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
One member and he knows who he is.
The "others" better bring something to the table, or no entry.
Even then it be a hard call,we're in survival mode, remember?
My soft side would want to offer help, but sadly that side doesnt get to come out too often.
Damn Reality, just cant seem to change it.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

There ya go, begging for flags, have one, now be on your way, there's no quarter here.
Unless ya got something to give in return.
Now imagine a shtf week.
Good gawd !
It would look like Shaun of the Dead out there.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Forgive me if this has been suggested earlier in thread...

I'm trying to develop my own bumper-sticker with just the ATS logo on it.

I need help because I'm a pea-brain when it comes to producing things like bumper stickers.

If it has adhesive backing, it could stick on a back-pack or anything when it's needed. I think someone better qualified should make these stickers and make them available to ATS members.

Even run a legitimate ad on ATS!

I'd like to stencil a template on my car and paint it on, just because it looks cool, and I can send a message at the same time.

Yeah, as if I don't have enough things racking my brain about now!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
well the problem with hats and shirts is we might
not have them handy when the SHTF. We may be at work
or visiting relatives and unless we're actually
wearing said items they might not be available.

I believe most of the hand signals and signs have
already been taken by somebody else or some
other organization. BUT ...

I would like to suggest an arm band or bandanna
made of anything handy, a wash cloth or a cut
up T-shirt and use a marker to write "ATS" on
it so that it shows and it can be removed while
in a confrontation with TPTB. I would suggest
a wrist band however they are too hard to see
at a distance.

If you do not have access to a marker just wear
the armband on the right bicep. Make the armband
a different color than your shirt so that it is
noticed.

I have some hand signals worked out already
but they take 2 hands to perform and I'm not
slinging a rifle or holstering a sidearm just to
give a signal as that would be letting my guard
down before knowing who I'm dealing with.

As far as an ATS safehouse is concerned.
An American flag flown upside down with
a bright colored (red, orange, yellow) piece
of cloth tied to the lowest hanging corner
with ATS marked on the cloth.

As far as the hand signals go: to make
an ATS with your hands.

Turn the PEACE sign (2 fingers) upside down
and cross the A with a finger from your other
hand to form an "A".

To make the T ::::: give them the finger and
place a finger from your other hand over top
of it to make a "T".

To make the S ::::::
Form each hand in a grasping shape like you
were hanging onto a pole, do this with both
hands. Now place your right hand over your
left hand and touch them together. It forms the
"S". However it will look funny to you cuz ur
looking at it from behind, it will look backwards
to you. But forward it makes the "S".

If it is at night, then use a flashlight to send
3 short flashes, 1 long flash, then 3 short flashes
again.

If audio is needed, then use the same responses
used by soldiers on the Normandy drop in 44.
First person responds

FLASH

second person responds

THUNDER

just some suggestions for you to ponder

You will know them in the dark
as in the light.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by boondock-saint]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join