It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell Me This- What if?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Okay, that I can understand. I will retract my worst idea line. Spend some time in the old survival threads here, people had some odd ball ideas.

Would I seek out ATSers, sure, but the trouble is most people here are a bit paranoid about meeting people from a website. Not a whole lot of members in my area anyways.

The idea of meeting points is fine, but keep in mind, going long distances may not be possible. You certainly won't be coming to seek refuge where I'm at. Needs to be kept local, very local. I have 6 people that I have worked with on emergency preparedness, all good people, I know well, honest, and I trust with my life. All of us are within roughly 4 miles of our "safe fallback spot"

If you can accomplish that with people here, great, host ATS parties, Wi-Fi locals would be required, meet the local members and get to know them, buy some ATS gear and have personalized. ATS Atlanta, no questioning who they are.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyspire
I don't think it will be hard to find other ats members if something happens.Just speak loudly some might be locked in other cells.I am afraid this will be the truth.

Serious or not that right there's funny!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk

I think the owners of ATS and its members should have a way of identifying one another in an all out crisis. If for nothing more than so we don't kill or hurt one of our own.

Edited to Edit statement:
I probably shouldn't have said we should seek out ATS members but more along the lines of "how could we identify an ATS member" I might be less likely to shoot to kill if I see the ATS armband.... or at least give you a few seconds head start to get away from me.

If you want to promote "separatist" ideas you should go join a religion.

With your shoot to kill agenda, you are one ATS member I would not want to know in real life.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Oh, and about random strangers. They won't be able to find me, but depending on the situation, strangers can be a Godsend, or spell your end. I would take an ATSer along before some schmo off the street, unless he had a beer truck.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well Bachrk, if that's your real pic on your avatar, I'll volunteer to meet up and discuss survival plans any day of the week!

But seriously, I know we are all generally a bit paranoid by nature, but most everyone chooses not to reveal much at all in their bio's...We all know that in reality non-disclosure of that info means squat. TPTB can track a gnat's azz thru the internet.

So, I think that maybe if the survival/community minded people opened up a bit more on their profiles, we could begin a real life network. Of course this means that some of us would have to leave the basement and expose ourselves to sunlight...GULP!

So, in the spirit of my proposition, I live in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Who knows, my neighbor could be on ATS!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
Here's an undoubtably awesome way for instant visual recognition:

Offical ATS Gear

Fabulous idea.

I like the stickers.

You can leave a trail like Hansel and Gretel.

Just hope nobody takes them or switches them to lead to some place unsavory.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm sorry guys, but you are on your own. I am not going anywhere but here on the farm, except maybe into the swamps behind the farm.

We have everything ready here, and it would be foolish to leave unless some calamity made it uninhabitable. Most folks here at ATS are few and far between... it would be pure chance that any of us would meet in a crisis situation.

After I graduated high school, I lived in the same town for another 20 years and saw maybe a handful of the 280 people I graduated with.... don't suppose the odds favor me seeing any of you.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Originally posted by Bachrk

I think the owners of ATS and its members should have a way of identifying one another in an all out crisis. If for nothing more than so we don't kill or hurt one of our own.

Edited to Edit statement:
I probably shouldn't have said we should seek out ATS members but more along the lines of "how could we identify an ATS member" I might be less likely to shoot to kill if I see the ATS armband.... or at least give you a few seconds head start to get away from me.

If you want to promote "separatist" ideas you should go join a religion.

With your shoot to kill agenda, you are one ATS member I would not want to know in real life.

Oh good grief. It was a little humor. See the smilie
With such a nasty attitude I wouldn't want meet you either.

BTW I've never shot and killed anything. I really wouldn't call myself a shoot to kill kinda gal with a "shoot to kill agenda"
BUT you better believe I'd shoot to kill during mass chaos to protect my home and the family that's in it.

This thread is for people to share their opinions on the topic, not for you to waste our time letting me know what my "agenda" is.

You said "you wouldn't want to know me in real life"
maybe you already do.

Well guys so much for a pleasant possibly educational thread.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Bachrk]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by salchanra
reply to post by Bachrk

Oh, and about random strangers. They won't be able to find me, but depending on the situation, strangers can be a Godsend, or spell your end. I would take an ATSer along before some schmo off the street, unless he had a beer truck.

Exactly! Thank you!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
It's a good idea seriously for us to have some way to identify ourselves to one another, good thread. As to exactly how, I'm clueless. Maybe an armband, or something.

Of course, down here in the southeast, big shiny ATS belt buckles might be more in style.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This seems like a decent idea until you look at it from both sides.

If you were an agent of an agency that wanted to target ATS members (for any number of reasons) in such a scenario; then it wouldn't be such a keen idea.

Just my paranoid side coming through.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
We should come up with a secret handshake!

Maybe one day there will be some sort of ATS convention. That would be a sight.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

If the poop hit the proverbial fan, the last thing I would do is try to reach ATS members.

I would try to get as far away as possible from the vast majority of people on here.

Besides I would be too busy prepping COBRA for pacification and relief operations. Novus Ordo Ab Chao!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

id LOVE for you to know who i am and all so we can go camping and survive the coming storm but how do we figure out whose a secret agent and who isnt? i mean it would be a good ploy for somebody to claim to be an ats normal user than a secret disinfo agent (no offence btw) for the means of making a hit list?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Remember the Liberty

That one phrase works on several different levels for me.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by State of Mind

ATS convention? That would be great. Nothing but two sad lonely guys and 100 Feds. lol

If you want to get to know other members, it's not that hard. Find posters you know are real, believe like you do and shoot them a U2U. Maybe a real first name to break the ice, as we are all leery of TPTB. Hey, it's a first step, if you want AtSers should TSHTF, gotta start somewhere.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Don't worry baby, I'll take care of you

I had a similar thought on another thread about internet monitoring/being shut down. Maybe we need a secret handshake or password lol..but if we posted it online now, then 'they' would know about it

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

First of all, the fact that civilization is unsustainable needs to be understood. You need nothing more than to look at human history to realize this. So its not if, but when will the sh*t hit the fan? We also need understand that we won't know how it will happen because, as far as we know, there have never been this many people on earth before. But we all know it will be the "end of days" type scenario. We also know that all animals have the instinct of trying to survive. So most of us will fight with our lives to survive each day. Most of us will be surprised at ourselves for how well we deal with the situation.

But I think the question is not "how will you survive?"
Rather "do you want to live through it?"

Death may be the best option... for all we know we won't have a choice. The first terd to hit the fan may just be an event that wipes 75% of us off the planet.

So then, depending on the odds of any type of event happening, you have to ask yourself if its worth it to prepare for that event.

Perhaps we should welcome death! Why should we fight the inevitable at that point? For all we know, life continues. We have all read the threads concerning our spirits within the universe being connected to everything living or that has ever lived.

So much to ponder.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

It's simple.... ATS is our secret society when SHTF.

you identify yourself by simply saying that you were an ATS member before the Internet went down and that you were searching for the truth.

That's the only way you will unite.

Right now ATS is united while we still have freedom on the internet... We are united in the common bond that we all desire the truth & we seek solutions to our problems as a society..................... but our unity will only be powerful on the internet, and most likely not in the real world.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
In case of a doomsday scenario, it is not going to be like an ATS 'meet n greet' party. Everybody will be guarding their supplies with deadly force. The best thing to do is to bond with your neighbours.
Having said that, wearing an ATS shirt is a great idea! And it would be even tougher for women, better to find a strong husband before the shtf.

I can only recommend watch 'The Road', very gritty story of a father and his son trying to survive in a dead world.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join