It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell Me This- What if?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
Here's an undoubtably awesome way for instant visual recognition:

Offical ATS Gear

I jumped the gun!

Excellent link, thanks!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Bachrk, we meet again!!good to see you with a thread like this, got me thinkin about this to on that last thread, like i said, anyone who needs a survival partner in the northwoods of MN, I got thier back if theyre an ATSer. Im no nut job, but an extreme realist. I was in the air force, and did nuke security at minot afb. I was conditioned to think of worst case scenarios, and I am for sure prepared for what may come, now that I am a civillian. I would be very serious about trying to help set up a safety network incase things went south. The key to it is making yourself known as an ATSer without leading on to anyone that you may be a possible dissenter, or rebel of some sort. Gotta be to work by four this sucks , but love to see where this thread gos. lets keep it alive fellow ATSers. PEACE!!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
reply to post by Bachrk

There ya go, begging for flags, have one, now be on your way, there's no quarter here.
Unless ya got something to give in return.
Now imagine a shtf week.
Good gawd !
It would look like Shaun of the Dead out there.

lol Oh you can never get rid of me. People have been trying for yrs. I'm like a fungus. Everytime you think I'm gone I pop right back up! (its my nature)

Well I'm a fantastic shot, and have lots of ammo! Other than a 50lb bag of rice, some cases of water and water purifying tabs I got nothing. OH but I can stitch up a gaping wound and make it look like art!

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Bachrk]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ello there,

Here's my 2 pence. It might help a little??

whilst we still have the net, what about perhaps it would be a start meeting up and exchanging contact details, apparently the al-cia-da goons have passwords and user names of email accounts and just save stuff to drafts and don't actually send it as such??

As for the aftermath-

Make yourself a wooden box(does it matter what material?), one that the lid can be screwed down and fixed air tight.

Fill your box with electrical equipment that could be handy in a shtf situation- dynamos, car battery, other electrical components, laptop/desk top PC(spare parts), cb(desk top thing, as many hand held cb's you can afford), night vision, pulse rifles, microwave weapons, light sabres... you get the idea.

Once you have your box loaded and the lid screwed down, cover in anti EMP paint.

We need to do as much as possible to be organised, its what they fear most!! Sooner the better: )

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WHOS READY
Ello there,

Here's my 2 pence. It might help a little??

whilst we still have the net, what about perhaps it would be a start meeting up and exchanging contact details, apparently the al-cia-da goons have passwords and user names of email accounts and just save stuff to drafts and don't actually send it as such??

As for the aftermath-

Make yourself a wooden box(does it matter what material?), one that the lid can be screwed down and fixed air tight.

Fill your box with electrical equipment that could be handy in a shtf situation- dynamos, car battery, other electrical components, laptop/desk top PC(spare parts), cb(desk top thing, as many hand held cb's you can afford), night vision, pulse rifles, microwave weapons, light sabres... you get the idea.

Once you have your box loaded and the lid screwed down, cover in anti EMP paint.

We need to do as much as possible to be organised, its what they fear most!! Sooner the better: )

I think your ideas regarding the box are fantastic.

I think Boondock-Saints armband suggestion is the most feasible. I'm going to work on this.

As for meeting up and exchanging info, I as a nutbag honestly don't want to "share" that much at this time with you ATS nutbags BUT I'm sure my mind would change rapidly should everything go haywire and the least we could do is the arm band thing.

The upside down flag idea wouldn't be good IMO because many have NO idea what this represents and it might get you killed.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

I love the term 'nutbag'

Second line coming soon!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Oddly Enough while I was driving on an errand today, this thought crossed
my mind...Out of the Blue! I mainly thought of ATS, but also facebook,etc.
Then I thought of the good old U.S. Postal Service. Problem is, with good reason
most people don't give their address's out over these sites. So I figure the
best thing to do, is continue to establish dependable friends in your own community. Also, members here and elsewhere, are all over the globe.
And in a SHTF situation, you may be limited to local contacts. Then I thought
about the Pony Express for some reason, and then the movie Casablanca,
where they had a network of underground contacts with secret methods of identifying each other to pass on messages as they couldn't trust the mail system because of the Nazis checking everything. I don't know why I thought about this really, but like I said, it was a thought out of the blue, which passed
as quickly as it appeared. Worrisome. Not exactly happy thoughts, but survival
thoughts. Sign of the times I guess. Great Thread! S&F

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk
The upside down flag idea wouldn't be good IMO because
many have NO idea what this represents and it might get
you killed.

most respectfully I disagree

most of the people viewing that
flag are gonna be ex-military
or militia types who have banded
together already as the peons who are
least prepared are not gonna survive
long enough to find a safehouse or
view the flag. So the ones most likely to
see it are gonna know what it means.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Reply to boondock-saint post

Thanks, I think the armband idea is by far the most feasible. Rip up some fabric and write ATS on it. Wear it on your right upper arm.

I've edited my original post to include: I probably shouldn't have said we should seek out ATS members but more along the lines of "how could we identify an ATS member" I might be less likely to shoot to kill if I see the ATS armband.... or at least give you a few seconds head start to get away from me.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

Curse you for stealing my thunder!!!
You must have a time travel device and that was how you beat me to it!!!
LOL I was thinking the same thing then I saw yer post.
But truly if I were on the run in a SHTF situation the last thing I would look to do is seek out humans as they are not particularly bright in groups.
But good luck to all of you.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
double post

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk
reply to post by boondock-saint

Good point I must say. I guess it would depend on the area you live in. Hand signals would be out. You'd be killed for sure throwing any hand signals around here.

Here in the dirty south, some (not all) of these ladies and gentleman live a pretty tough life. They know how to live off the land and protect themselves and their family. I know they would make it longer than most city folk, at least out in the wilderness. The problem would be they may not have the education to understand what an upside down flag means. I could see them taking it as anti-american which means they would resort back to their motto of "shoot first, test to see if you can eat it, then ask questions later"

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
First off, let me say I love the members here. I have read and learned things on this site I never could have imagined. However, I hate to say it, but this is possibly the worst survival idea I've heard of in a long time.

If you happen to be in the same area as others members, get to know them now, don't wait and try to check your conspiracy id cards.

Go outside, meet people with similar intrests and start working with them for disaster preparedness. It's a nice thought that we can all get together in bad times, but let's be realistic. If it does get that bad, you better know what and who you are working with, not looking at armbands.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Well maybe you have an idea for people to have a group meeting in their respected areas and regions. Think of it as ATS book club or something of the sort.

It makes sense, like minds and collective goals help people to survive, its the nature of survival itself.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

I do agree with what you're saying. I have that part covered as I'd hope all the members would have a plan and a meeting place for their family and friends. I think what I'm getting at is if you needed help or were asked for help, excluding your family and friends (assuming you have any left at the that time) Would you be more willing to help or get help from a fellow ATS'ers albeit a virtual stranger over a stranger you have no association with at all?

In my original post I probably shouldn't have said we should seek out ATS members but more along the lines of "how could we identify an ATS member" I might be less likely to shoot to kill if I see the ATS armband.... or at least give you a few seconds head start to get away from me.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Something worth bearing in mind.

ATS gets visited by the gestapo probably on a regular basis, and here's us discussing ways in which to identify like minded people when ts has htf.

Like somebody else mentioned, it may be best to get organised on a local level, get ideas together, get tooled up etc etc.. And grow! Just make sure you keep things super quiet, nothing sent electronically or discussed over the phone... Get some sort of code system in place. Or at least figured out.

If you do sort out a safe house try and meet people away from it, somewhere where you can have a vantage point at all times.. I guess you could do with finding some drug cartels weapon stashes: )

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I "fear"... that I would simply end up isolated in this area. I would be too busy killing off looters and scum buckets to even consider hooking up with most people.

Those dang latest movies: The Road and The Book of Eli really wrenched my gut.

I remember watching an interview of a survivor of the Hutu/Tootsie thing in Rawanda.

The young lady related how it was her fathers "friend" who came to kill him for his possessions. The same man whom her father had given a cow to as a gift.

So it will be like for us.

I have no fantasies about SHTF. I just don't want it to come.

If life instantly became like The Road, I would kill off my family and start hunting ShXtbags. If like the book of Eli, I would still start hunting ShXtbags. Either way, it is ugly.

I do not want something like that to happen.

REALLY... I do not like what I am forced to think when considering a collapse.

We Americans are lucky to live like we do with a few exceptions. We have it better than most, but with the absence of a structured society, I am afraid Hobbes state of nature would come to visit.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by akalepos
I "fear"... that I would simply end up isolated in this area. I would be too busy killing off looters and scum buckets to even consider hooking up with most people.

Those dang latest movies: The Road and The Book of Eli really wrenched my gut.

I remember watching an interview of a survivor of the Hutu/Tootsie thing in Rawanda.

The young lady related how it was her fathers "friend" who came to kill him for his possessions. The same man whom her father had given a cow to as a gift.

So it will be like for us.

I have no fantasies about SHTF. I just don't want it to come.

If life instantly became like The Road, I would kill off my family and start hunting ShXtbags. If like the book of Eli, I would still start hunting ShXtbags. Either way, it is ugly.

I do not want something like that to happen.

REALLY... I do not like what I am forced to think when considering a collapse.

We Americans are lucky to live like we do with a few exceptions. We have it better than most, but with the absence of a structured society, I am afraid Hobbes state of nature would come to visit.

OMG I hope I'm not one of your long lost relatives.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I do want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. Many times on ATS threads become littered with rude comments by people who can't show some common courtesy when a question is asked or an opinion is wanted.

Some may find this thread ridiculous but many of your comments may be remembered and may just help someone make the right choices before and during a difficult time.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I don't think it will be hard to find other ats members if something happens.Just speak loudly some might be locked in other cells.I am afraid this will be the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join