It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity the Biggest Scam in History?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

Jesus isn't God but he has seen God. When Jesus was asked which of the commandments is the most important, Jesus says "Love your God above all things and love your neighbor."

I give thanks to Jesus I pray to God.

All those images of Jesus, Mary, the Saints, and of God are all idols. Many Christians/Catholics fail to realize this.

We don't know what they looks like but we understand the pretty picture they painted through their words.

Keep the important teachings in your heart and you will be alright.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The "church" the bible refers to, is a body of believers, not an actual "religion".
So, yes, organized religion is a scam, trick, lie...what ever you want to call it.
They take, or make up, the parts they want to use and discard the rest.

No, "Jesus" ( which isnt even his name--- www.thenazareneway.com... ) is not GOD.

On many occasions he says GOD is his FATHER.
Much was lost in translation of the entire book, or what is left of it.
The bible says that GOD is not a GOD of confusion, yet many are confused.
The confusion starts with the very first lie taught in the name of religion and muddles your mind.
Religion causes you to act on instructions given to others, to misunderstand instructions given to US, and confuse "history" with prophecy. Among other things.
We no longer have "THE" truth, there is only, your truth, my truth, their truth.
But, it is all so simple, it's beyond the comprehension of the inquiring mind..

As for the dinosaurs.... Don't let the creation confuse you. There was no LITERAL 6 day creation. The earth had to have everything needed to sustain life. This took TIME, apparently, something GOD has plenty of.
The earth already existed before our creation. It had been destroyed many times, but not "removed". If you remember, it never said HE created the EARTH at the time of creation. It said the Earth was in chaos.
The first "day" is when he made light...not the Earth and planets. He created those "In The Beginning". However, on the second "day", he did NAME the earth.
Also, keep in mind, when god created the animals, it says he created them AFTER THEIR KIND....meaning, they had already existed before, in different shapes and sizes...he just made them to a more appealing degree for what was needed.
MAN, however, was created in GODs image. NEVER before was a "THINKING person made who looks like us.
Cross out the cave men....they claim we have "similar DNA", but similar and identical have two different meanings. Ditto on the "ape" theory.
Evolution is B.S. We STILL have monkeys and apes, and although I've seen a few people who resemble monkeys, I have never seen or heard of any monkeys that look like us, or were in the process of changing into us.
If you dont believe me...try to mate with one and see what happens.
If evolution is true, we should be able to mate with our homies.
Science has these neat little categories.....but there are simple truths according to what we all ARE.
Tigers dont mate with cats. Snakes only mate with their type of snake, Bluebirds dont mate with Robins. And, PEOPLE can only mate with PEOPLE.
Perhaps Apes were GODs inspiration for cavemen? Kind of like testing the body to see what all we would need. Obviously, HE has done a bit of experimenting.

Bare in mind, that "WORDS" are very important to GOD. When he speaks it, it happens. But, first, he THINKS about it. He figures, scientifically, what minerals, elements and all that is needed, BEFORE he opens his mouth.
We were told to think before we open our mouths as well.

Beer and bible study, huh?? THIS didnt tip you off??? You are dealing with morons. There is a time and place for everything.
BEER goes with PIZZA and POOL. WINE goes with bible study....

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Spend a few years in meditation ...then you will know whether its true or not.

Other than that ...unless thats the case ...its all speculation.

I believe many parts of it are true and good (See words in Red)

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATADJADED
Beer and bible study, huh?? THIS didnt tip you off??? You are dealing with morons. There is a time and place for everything.
BEER goes with PIZZA and POOL. WINE goes with bible study....

Lol - you might be onto something there!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The sad thing is the Jewish rabbi known to modern man as Jesus never intended to create a new religion.

He just wanted the Jews to understand a new interpretation of the religion he believed in.

I find it strange that a large majority of "Christians" look at Jews with disdain when the person who is considered their Messiah was a Jewish rabbi.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
Tell me please where Jesus says that he is God, and where he tells us to worship him, and I will gracefully concede that I am wrong and you are right.

He claimed to exist before the world began, the jews stated he claimed to be God and he not only did not deny this but supported that claim. There are many scriptures that support this but here are just a few.

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

John 10:33"We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

As for worshiping. Do you consider worshiping bowing down to an idol, or going to church and falling asleep in the pew, reading scripture, thinking faith means believing in unprovable things, etc...?

Worshiping him is doing what he says.
Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

John also talks about this

John 1:1-16 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood[a] it. 6There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world. 10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent,[c] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God. 14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[d] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.' "

Many made claims they believed he was the son of God and they new what they meant when they were saying this.

Matthew 8:29"What do you want with us, Son of God?" they shouted. "Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?"

Matthew 14:33Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God."

Matthew 16:16 Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ,[a] the Son of the living God."

Matthew 27:43 He trusts in God. Let God rescue him now if he wants him, for he said, 'I am the Son of God.' "

Matthew 27:54 ... they were terrified, and exclaimed, "Surely he was the Son[a] of God!"

Mark 3:11Whenever the evil[a] spirits saw him, they fell down before him and cried out, "You are the Son of God."

Mark 5:7 He shouted at the top of his voice, "What do you want with me... Son of the Most High God?

Luke 1:35 The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called[a] the Son of God.

Luke 4:41 Moreover, demons came out of many people, shouting, "You are the Son of God!" But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew he was the Christ.

John 1:34 I have seen and I testify that this is the Son of God."

John 1:49 Then Nathanael declared, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the King of Israel."

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

John 6:69 We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God."

Again even Christ called himself the son of God. That is why they said he claims to be God. Like father like son.

John 10:30 I and the Father are one." 31Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, 32but (he) said to them, "I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?" 33"We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

34(he) answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'? 35If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

Psalms 82:6 "I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'

However we ourselves must say we do not believe in the ones that call themselves Jesus because the Jesus that has been handed down through the ancesters of the Gentiles is as you say "The biggest scam in History". Jesus is the Antichrist.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Mmmmm I think what you are asking is something I myself wondered for awhile. The difference between the LORD God and Jesus. The phrase "LORD of Host" appears like over 200 times in the Old Testament. Yet, not once did Jesus refer to himself or did others refer to him as "LORD of Host". The LORD God is Jehovah, the most high, the great king.

You can have a land "lord". Meaning someone owns the house you rent and live in, and has sovereign control over it.

According to the Bible, the flesh body and all things physical belong to the LORD God Jehovah (and notice how I spelled LORD with all caps...thats important to the KJV).....................while the spirit belongs to the heavenly Father.

1 John 2:15-16 "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world."

Looking at the above verse..............what if I'm a tree lover?......or an animal lover?.........those things are alive so they have to be of God yes? And life is definitely from God as a man can't make life with his hands. The above verse points to the conclusion that the heavenly father and Jehovah are different.

Jesus Christ is Lord because he has all authority, and he is one with his father in heaven.

But is Jesus Christ YOUR Lord? Jehovah is LORD by default as soon as you enter the matrix (life)

Now you may not know he is...........and you stumble through life and he keeps putting the smack on you, and you charge it up to random bad luck and unfortunate events. But its not so random when you know the truth. You dont know how or when exactly the LORD God will judge you. But those judgements come in THIS life. To all who haven't accepted Christ's blood as the atonement for their sin.

Satan is a weapon of mass destruction. That Jehovah uses to execute judgments.

Think about a tornado when you read this verse -

Amos 5:18 "Woe unto you that desire the day of the Lord! to what end is it for you? the day of the Lord is darkness, and not light."

What does the sky do before a tornado drops? It gets DARK......then a tornado drops and destroys lives and property VIOLENTLY!!

Mathew 8:32 "And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters."

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
before i read the the whole thread... a quick response to the OP itself...

YES!

but it does not stand alone, there's a LOT of balderdash to choose from if that's yer thing

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

In the Old Testament God identified himself to Moses as "I am who I am", and so consequently Christians have come to take this as a sign that Jesus is saying "I am God"

Yes, Christianity is the biggest scam in history. The cruel joke is on us, I suppose.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I like to read the 9/11 forum from time to time. What I find especially amusing is the number of "truther" posters who go to any length to find some sort of conspiracy from the Government in 9/11. Then you will find the same "truther" posters defending religion or creationism in other forums and threads. In what amounts as probably the biggest conspiracy/ scam perpetuated against humans since time began. Religion the ultimate tool to control the masses, full of conspiracy, power and greed.

But it's 9/11 OS believers who according to them are the 'sheeple' and are told to open our eyes.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Is Christianity the Biggest Scam in History?

Surely gotta be up there. Can't think of a bigger, or more obvious one.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

A few thoughts.

Jesus was born into the house of David, as prophesied. It was Mary though, who comes from the house of David, not Joseph.

Walking on water? Healing the blind, the crippled? Rising from the dead? Seems rather God-like to me.

Jesus is God. Fully God AND fully man. Begotten, not made.

You're hanging with the wrong crowd, cuz dinosaurs existed. Nuff said. If you want to follow The Truth, dive into all the teachings of The Catholic Church....the church that Jesus Christ started himself, when he handed the keys to Saint Peter, the first pope.

Always remember, it was The Catholic Church that compiled that collection of books called The Bible., 3-400 years after Jesus ascended to heaven. The Church existed BEFORE the bible existed. Your fundamentalist friends should dig a little deeper, and bow to the authority of Jesus' church....The Catholic Church.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

And just for the record, Christians do not worship Jesus AS God, they wordhip him as the SON of God, which of course, would make The Devil his Uncle (the bible is very clear that the Devil is God's brother), which everyone seems to conveniently ignore.

Where is this that the devil is God's brother and Jesus' uncle?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Always remember, it was The Catholic Church that compiled that collection of books called The Bible., 3-400 years after Jesus ascended to heaven. The Church existed BEFORE the bible existed. Your fundamentalist friends should dig a little deeper, and bow to the authority of Jesus' church....The Catholic Church.

You should also remember that the very first congregation of followers of Jesus were of the Synagogue of James located in Jerusalem. James was the very first Priest of the followers of Christ Jesus with the Apostle John as Deputy Sagen and then Peter as the Ab-Beth-Din. There was no Greek or Roman influence in the liturgy at all. All of the apostles taught and edified the Christ Jesus in the first Synagogue in the tongues of Hebrew and Aramaic. Greek and Latin were forbidden.

The Gospel of Thomas states that it was Jesus who gave the authority of the first Synagogue (Church) to His brother James the Just.

Gospel of Thomas
12 The disciples said to Jesus, "We know that you are going to leave us. Who will be our leader?"
Jesus said to them, "No matter where you are you are to go to James the Just, for whose sake heaven and earth came into being."
Unquote

This was in effect till the Roman organizations murdered and burned and destroyed all they could find of the true followers of Jesus in 69 -70 CE. Emperor Hadrian completed the genocide in 135 CE and then reformed this into the Roman Church.

Your history doesn't go back far enough to get the entire truth of the matter.
edit on 20-8-2015 by Seede because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Nah, respectfully, none of that is true Sir or Madame. I'll stick with the opinion of 3000+ bishops on this one.

The Gospel of Thomas is not in the Bible, for a reason.

Take a look at what St Ignatius of Antioch wrote in the year 107. Google will find it for ya. This man was a student, was acquainted with John the Apostle. His writings survive. He even mentions "The Catholic Church", said in a way that implies the term was already in widespread use. Jesus himself probably even used the term "Catholic Church"

On Church history, stick with The Church that Jesus instituted in Mathew 16.... This is The Catholic Church. 2000 years later, it's still The Catholic Church, just like Jesus said there would be..."until the end of the age"

The Church Fathers don't lie. Obey Jesus' church, not the fringe theories that practically no one believes.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Guten Tag, Greetings and Salutations-

"Religion is for people afraid of Hell, 'Spirituality' is for people who've already been..." -The Great Sioux Nation.

I'd be more happy (already happy/content so not a 'good' candidate for Church™ ) if Religion™ would just pay their taxes, ALL of them, ALL 517 of them...Ooops, I'm sorry, ALL 517 of the 'right' religion(s). Because the Church™ is more concerned about "income" over "outgo" they can ALL piss up a rope.. (funny as I typed this I could picture Jesus giggling..odd.)

namaste
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: bad grammar.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Anyway, it has become apparent that their belief in Jesus being God comes primarily from ONE sentence spoken by Jesus where he is arguing with the Pharisees (it's in the book of John).

That line is "Before Abraham was, I am".

Best to look at the statement from a Hinduism perspective to better understand its meaning. The hindu's believe to reach a higher state one has to first realize the atman (the son) before attaining the Brahman (the father). When hindu's have reached the brahman state (in samadhi) they cannot separate themselves from the brahman (the father) because they are one and the same in their perspective at that time (they see things from the universal mind). So Christians are correct to a point but I feel some of them mistakenly see Jesus as GOD incarnate which is incorrect. GOD has a three fold nature.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Most of what we believe is not at all unlike a religion, as it is based on faith.

For instance...
- Christians have faith in God and Christ.
- Atheists have faith that there is no deity.
Both require one degree of faith or the next because there is no absolute proof of either existence or non-existence.

It's a tough road to ride because to confess one's dependence upon faith is also a confession as to just how ignorant we are as a species. Here we are on a speck of dust in a universe that we have not yet found an end to... not yet put a human being any further out into it than of a quarter million miles (our moon) and haven't physically explored another planet's surface, in-depth... more than one orbit distant.

Historically?
Just shortly before the Wright Brothers went flying at Kitty Hawk, the basic scientific viewpoint was that powered, heavier-than-air flight was likely quite impossible.

Welcome to the 21st century...
So... here we are. If there is an argument between the existence of deity or not, which is basically no different than ET or not, both sides are falling back upon a platform of faith in their beliefs... making them foundationed equally.

There are roughly 8 billion human beings on this planet and each is an individual as unique as their fingerprints. From that starting point, the sharing of beliefs on a positive platform would be far more beneficial than seeing our opposites as anything less than equals.

Have a nice day

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: The Riley Family

John 10:30 I and the Father are one." 31Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, 32but (he) said to them, "I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?" 33"We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God." 34(he) answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'? 35If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'? Psalms 82:6 "I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'

You have totally taken the entire thought completely out of context through ignorance of understanding.

Ye Are Gods ?
A Psalm of Asaph.
Psa 82:1-7
(1) God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.
(2) How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.
(3) Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.
(4) Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.
(5) They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
(6) I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
(7) But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

Any decree of the King is law to that nation. As you can see in the above Psalm that gods is not referenced to as spiritual beings but mere humans who are sons of God and will die like humans.

Jesus was being accused of blasphemy which in this case He claimed to be the son of God. Just like in the Psalms there are many sons and also daughters of God who are simply humans who are in God’s favor. King David accepted this as law unto Israel.

John 10:31-36
(31) Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
(32) Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
(33)The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
(34) Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
(35) If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
(36) Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

The entire “Ye Are Gods” is that Jesus used the law of the King to exonerate His claim that He also was a son of God. If He, Jesus, was blaspheming by His claim then King David was also guilty of the same offense. Case closed. Jesus was found not guilty by the Sanhedrin on this count.

By the way the Sanhedrin of 71 did try Jesus on the grounds of His claim that he was the son of God. The Sanhedrin acquitted Him on that very charge and declared that He was indeed a son of God. The votes were 41 to thirty that He was indeed a son of God. Jesus trapped them by King David's own law.

John_20:17 Jesus saith to her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended unto the Father: but go unto my brethren, and say to them, I ascend unto my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I have been studying a lot of books and websites about christianity, ancient history, etc and after decades of looking at it it's obvious that the bible is a hodgepodge of all different kinds of writings by different people at different times- hardly a perfect book.

I think it's very likely that god and other supernatural beings were aliens that came here and were worshipped by people. The ancient stories make a lot more sense when you look at them that way.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join