It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blindness Cure Finally found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
There has finally been a cure for blindness. That is in case if they have been chemically blinded or by fire.

Here is the link...

sify.com...

In a new trial, stem cells helped scientists restore the vision of 82 people with eyes blinded by chemical or heat burns. According to New Scientist, of the 107 eye patients treated, some as long as a decade ago, the successful cases had sight restored to a level up to 0.9 on a visual acuity scale, in which 1 represents perfect vision, reports Graziella Pellegrini at the University of Modena in Italy.

Hopefully the process will be affordable. It also has a nice success rate. Any thoughts ATS?

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This is amazing but how bout those that lose their blindless due to a disease?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Not Yet but hopefully we will get closer as they keep experimenting. I imagine more people will be inclined to helping them now.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Eyes is the organ that can be a lot "regenerated".

I you want the hability of other species eyes, this is allready possible ... They genetically modified the eyes of chimps ( you can find the source on internet ).

IR and UV night vision eyes ... could be cool for a class of soldier ... isn't it ? ... This could be done today : i don't know if it has been done...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by psychederic

IR and UV night vision eyes ... could be cool for a class of soldier ... isn't it ? ... This could be done today : i don't know if it has been done...

i want some.... Give me please!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by psychederic

This is right out of The chronicles of Riddick.

Riddick has those eyes that can see in UV and IR 'modes'.

Not sure i'd like it permanently. Maybe a contact lens system would be better.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Only 4 replies!?

Come on guys its a cure for blindness caused by burns wouldn't anybody find that interesting?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

Well, the people that probably care more about this than the rest of these people unfortunately cant get on the computer and read the headlines.
They have to hear it second hand. So I will make sure I tell all the blind people that I know. Which is about as many people as I can count on my hand. But I will do my part. I have a family member that is missing an eye, Im sure they will be happy to hear this. But this person has been missing it the majority of his life. So it really wouldnt help them, he has no eye to repair. Maybe one day they will have biometric eyes that use stem cells. Borg type stuff.

Anyways. Good job scientists!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

Wow, you are a bit scary!

But this is fabulous news - s & f.

new topics

top topics

join