It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcanos in Iceland, possible alarm?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by logicalview

Well if you are looking at Katla I would not be using that one. It points at Eyja and is nowhere near Katla. The RUV one you linked seems to be working ok.

The Mila cam for Katla is this one (the date looks as if it is in a time warp!!)

eldgos.mila.is...

@spacedman: Where is this cam?

live.mila.is...

edit on 9/10/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thanks for clearing that up, at least i know i'm looking at the correct one now.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It was being all nice and quiet, than a shallow 3.5 goes boo.

Sunday
09.10.2011 17:36:35 63.617 -19.111 1.1 km 3.5 90.02 4.1 km N of Hábunga

en.vedur.is...=table

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Hmmm...removed from the list.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

That camera is pointing at Jökulsárlón which is below the middle of Vatnajökull.

Wiki

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It is fantastic to see the regular flow of detailed info regarding either EQs or Volcanoes. We had nothing like this in the early 60s and I still recall the somewhat frightening feeling as our 18/00pm New broadcaster spelt out the 'Birth of new land', Surtsey i beliieve...... Could that have then had anything to do with the present El Hierro incident........????? Do they share the same plate is all I wonder...

Thank's a billion and keep up the fantastic work.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
A little bit of movement today:

en.vedur.is...=map

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well well , it seems that the drilling is causing endless quakes in the area, i have seen reports from people who live in Hveragerði , the nearest town to the drilling zone. They really want the quakes to stop as alot of people are still getting over the 7+ quake from 2008.

It is being reported that the quakes from this morning the 2 4+ quakes were man made as they were pumping water down the holes again.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Here´s a report from one of the most respected journalists in Iceland. It is google translated but you should catch the meaning of what they are saying in it.

Ómar: Authorities muted down what could happen if an eruption would be the Reykjanes - roads from the capital are closed Pressphotos.biz Ómar Ragnarsson, former journalist, said that authorities have shut down what could happen if the capital would be a volcanic peninsula and where they thought best not what came out of it. Roads to and from the capital could be easily blocked. Ómar recalls a blog that just over half a decade, authorities have asked Axel Einarsson geologists to make an estimate of what might happen if an eruption would like a peninsula and the surrounding settlements. Axel set up a model that showed the start of the southern peninsula, and then stretched out all over Hellisheiði. When this work was well under way did not look at men grow pale about the impact of layout on the northern part of the region could and Axel were asked to refrain from completing the southern section. He says that as a result has been a rough response eruption, fissures and lava flows on the southern section, which was never done anything more with the northern part, probably because the consequences could be worse. They could include, inter alia because of faults rofnuðu both heating water piping, water piping, transmission lines and roads leading to the capital area and lava rynnu from Bláfjöll down over both the catchment area, Gvendarbrunnar and Kaldárbotna and lava flows, which would down Elliðaárdalur the sea in Elliðavogi down the sea in Hafnarfjörður and Swan-ness, but it would land transportation from the capital bonds in both directions and the only port in Reykjavik Airport and Reykjavík and will be usable infrastructure. Ómar said it was told that held an exercise of "the severity of the consequences of the volcanic period, but it shut down that could happen in the metropolitan area and the time in fact the main difference!" I repoted this article at the time, which attracted exactly no attention.

This report is quite starteling and it supports my original post about if there´s a eruption near our capital city , We´r pretty much screwed.

So urce

edit on 15-10-2011 by Spacedman13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacedman13

Interesting article!

Makes you go hmmm...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Some more activity today, again nothing much, but it is there:

en.vedur.is...=map

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by steaming

Not the same plate but very similar events I think.

I remember Surtsey well. There were articles in the papers - I don't think I saw anything on TV but we only had BBC and I think ITV in those days and the TV only went on for the news at 6pm. How times have changed!!! (Actually no they haven't, they have come full circle - I don't watch TV at all and have not for 2 years)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I hope not öyjafjallajökul will have another eruption because it's very unnerving because I'm living kind of close to island and perhaps a large eruption could destroy all of scandinavia or embedd it in ashes and lava.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sorgmodig

Still having small, but daily movement.

?

en.vedur.is...=table

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

I don't watch TV at all and have not for 2 years)

Puterman did you read that report from that journalist i posted a few posts ago, im quite stunned that you haven´t said anything about it.

If it isn´t clear enough it is because it´s google translated hehe. it basicly says that our goverment asked this geoligist to make a model and simulate a eruption on the reykjarnes ridge, he finishd half of it and they asked him to not finish it because they didn´t like the outcome of the results it would have on the towns nearby...

I FEEL SO SAFE

edit on 18-10-2011 by Spacedman13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Why am I not surprised about this kind of reaction from your government.

May be they should ask the same geologist to evaluate the situation for Iceland and the rest of the world if the entire Icelandic hot spot goes kaboom.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nidwin

This was done over 50 years ago , since then we have been expanding the capital and the surrounding area´s.
I would imagine the model would be alot scarier if it was built today.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I feel blind without this site.

"Vefir Veðurstofu Íslands eru bilaðir.

Vefirnir eru því ekki virkir sem stendur. Unnið er að viðgerð. "

Google Translate :

Links Employees are defective.

Vefirnir are not active at present. Work to repair.

en.vedur.is...=table

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Glad the site was down for only a few hours.

Had been quieting down a little bit the last few days. Seems to be stirring just a teensy bit more today.

en.vedur.is...=map

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Seismic activity is increasing. 3.2 eq, possibly two of them.

Is this the result of the lull the last several days...pressure building up?

en.vedur.is...=table

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join