It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Updated: Boat Captain Working Oil Spill Dies From Gunshot. Confirmed Suicide

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

FORT MORGAN, Ala. -- A boat captain working in the oil spill response died from a gunshot wound this morning.

William Allen Kruse, born 1955, was the captain of The Rookie, a charter fishing boat normally based in Orange Beach, said Deputy Baldwin County Coroner Rod Steade .

Steade said the deckhands were on the docks and heard a gunshot and went back on and found him dead on the "flying bridge.

blog.al.com...

This is very disturbing.

Could be a suicide, which would send a shockwave through the area.

Could be a murder, tied to knowing too much about the spill.

A story worth keeping an eye on. Sad times in the Gulf

Update: The Coroner has stated it was a suicide.

Baldwin County Coroner Stan Vinson said the worker appeared to have died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

www.automatedtrader.net...

[edit on 23-6-2010 by OurskiesRpoisoned]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Damn, that sucks. Keep us posted.

You know, I spoke to an AP/Reuters photographer yesterday on another subject. He's from NOLA and has been photographing the area and even going out with these captains. He mentioned that they're getting more hesitant about joining the cleanup efforts and taking their boats through the oily/corexited areas because everytime they come in they have to go through decontamination. I guess to avoid spreading it to noncontaminated areas, but also probably (and I'm guessing) because it's bad for you. That has to be a lot of stress and pressure on top of losing your livelihood.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Question is....

what are the ill effects....

I wonder if it effects the mind...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I know. And that also got me wondering about what it is they use to decontaminate the boats with. Probably Corexit too?

Okay...sounds like they're just hosing them off with high-pressure hoses.

2 ship-cleaning stations established after Gulf of Mexico oil spill

[edit on 23-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Actually there are reports of two dead now. Details are very sparse at the moment though...

Two People Dead In Oil Cleanup Disaster

Both were in a program called Vessels for Opportunity for locals to help with the cleanup.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Question is....

what are the ill effects....

I wonder if it effects the mind...

That thought crossed my mind. The chemicals they are monitoring for, Benzene, Toulene, 2-BE, Propylene, etc, are definitely capable of causing serious unnatural depression, and neurological damage.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
When the bodies start stacking up for whatever reason in regards to anything like this spill, 9-11 etc there will always be the alternate theory but this guy probably did himself in. Like mentioned before he was probably helping clean up cause he was out of work cause no one wants to charter his fishing vessel to catch sludge birds and poisened fish, he probably slipped into a deep depression and saw no other way out as the financial, social, mental factors bore into him he decided to do himself in as unfortunate as that is, my heart goes out to all them guys down there trying to do something about this mess.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Why do you suppose they call it "core exit"?
Are we to assume there is an untold meaning in that word?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

This seems like a weird thing to say in this report...

Update: Now according to one report, one of the deaths was caused by a gunshot wound. Very strange. The deaths were not related to the underwater robot collision that has interrupted oil collection.

Aren't the robots waaaaaay under water? And um two robots collided?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I think the name is a play on "corrects it?"

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
Actually there are reports of two dead now. Details are very sparse at the moment though...

Two People Dead In Oil Cleanup Disaster

Both were in a program called Vessels for Opportunity for locals to help with the cleanup.

Thad Allen reported on CNN that the other person that died, died in a pool.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Aren't the robots waaaaaay under water? And um two robots collided?

They're saying the robot collided with a valve on the containment sombrero.

This closed one of the four valves, and caused the cap to hydrate on fall off.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OurskiesRpoisoned
This is very disturbing. Could be a murder, tied to knowing too much about the spill.

Probably, he got too close to exposing this oil spill hoax for what it is, and THEY had to put him down.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 6/23/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I just got a flash of the movie, The Happening.

Interesting, the producer also did The Sixth Sense, and Signs.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman
When the bodies start stacking up for whatever reason in regards to anything like this spill, 9-11 etc there will always be the alternate theory but this guy probably did himself in. Like mentioned before he was probably helping clean up cause he was out of work cause no one wants to charter his fishing vessel to catch sludge birds and poisened fish, he probably slipped into a deep depression and saw no other way out as the financial, social, mental factors bore into him he decided to do himself in as unfortunate as that is, my heart goes out to all them guys down there trying to do something about this mess.

Hmm, possibly. I just found this article.

"I'm just walking around in a circle, more or less," he said. "I don't know what to do. I never been this confused in my life."

While listless, oil-soaked pelicans may be the most memorable images of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, the fishermen and business owners marooned along the Gulf Coast already are proving just as big a challenge for the mental health workers dispatched from Louisiana to Florida to help vaccinate against the fast-growing epidemic of despair.

The symptoms are well-documented: The Exxon Valdez oil spill in 1989 touched off a wave of suicides, domestic violence, bankruptcies and alcoholism in Alaska that created an entire literature on the unique and confounding psychology of technological disaster.

articles.latimes.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OurskiesRpoisoned
I just got a flash of the movie, The Happening. Interesting, the producer also did The Sixth Sense, and Signs.

These are all written/directed by M. Night Shyamalan, produced by Blinding Edge Pictures and Barry Mendel Productions... I consider Shyamalan a hack, his stuff is corny, irritating and boring. Blinding Edge is Shyamalan's production company. Barry Mendel is a pretty good producer (his stuff has been nominated twice), but it didn't help The Happening that much. IMO, Shyamalan is way overrated, he's no visionary, not even a very good writer.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Hmm... That may explain everything.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Here's a little more:

Two Gulf Oil Cleanup Workers Reported Dead...

Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen, who is leading the government response to the disaster, is reporting that the two deaths seem unrelated to the work effort, one being a product of “an incident involving a swimming pool"; the other a vessel operator, according to Fox News. NBC is reporting that one of the deceased “was a boat captain who died of a gunshot wound,” but no further details are currently available.

As for the containment cap issue, a submarine robot hit a [heating] vent, forcing BP to remove the cap.

Notice that the story is rapidly vanishing from the MSM. Stories that previously mentioned the deaths have been edited to omit any mention of the deaths, and the headlines have been similarly edited.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Here's a little more:

Two Gulf Oil Cleanup Workers Reported Dead...

Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen, who is leading the government response to the disaster, is reporting that the two deaths seem unrelated to the work effort, one being a product of “an incident involving a swimming pool"; the other a vessel operator, according to Fox News. NBC is reporting that one of the deceased “was a boat captain who died of a gunshot wound,” but no further details are currently available.

As for the containment cap issue, a submarine robot hit a [heating] vent, forcing BP to remove the cap.

Notice that the story is rapidly vanishing from the MSM. Stories that previously mentioned the deaths have been edited to omit any mention of the deaths, and the headlines have been similarly edited.

— Doc Velocity

There's a lot of news coming out on the internet about the oil spill today, and the Arizona immigration law, both very important news events, but the entire day has been about Stanley McChrystal.

It appears to me that the timing of the event, and the release of the article in the Rolling Stone is to cover up current, more important events.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by OurskiesRpoisoned]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Two oil workers were in a swimming pool area in Ms.
I haven't heard anything about the charter boat. Probably suiside (sp).
These people are in deep trouble. Most of them own nice homes, several boats, they have crews that like them have payments to make.
BP is not paying anybody, if they do they are just handing them small checks that have to be cleared. It's horrible
I am on a fixed income, but most of the real live people down here live off the gulf. Construction has come to a standstill, houses aren't selling basically commerence as we know it has come to a halt. People are getting laid off from jobs they have had for years.
Where do you go, what do you do. Put yourselves in our shoes and please send help anyway you can. United Way, Mobile Bay Keepers, the list goes on and on search and find out.
If you know of any food banks you can give too that are serving the coast please give all you can give. We, not me, need pet food. Baby items are needed. Food, food, and more food. Keep in mind we just stepped into hurricane season who knows what hell that will bring.
Look up Animal shelters for various states affected.
This was the to be the summer of recovery from all the hurricanes. In 2005 we had 28 named storms, one a week, we could not fix what one tore up before another came. My house is still damaged from Ivan 2004.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join