It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Updated: Boat Captain Working Oil Spill Dies From Gunshot. Confirmed Suicide

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Alethea

I think the name is a play on "corrects it?"

I am thinking it is more like they want us to believe that the CORE of the earth is being released, thus "core exit." Is this the first time it has been used?

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praxilla
I bet it turned his stomach on a daily basis to see how ruined the waters he used to fish had become so polluted and devoid of life.

Hold on there. Who ever said the Gulf was "devoid of life" because of this oil leak? That's a misconception that is being perpetuated, but it doesn't fit the facts.

There have been NO MASS DIE OFFS of marine life due to the crude oil. There's no evidence that crude oil has ever been responsible for mass die-offs. It's an unsightly mess, maybe, but it degrades quite naturally in the open ocean.

A typical (and natural) Red Tide will kill a million times more marine animals than will this crude oil leak.

And the drillers and environmentalists KNOW ALL THIS. They know that it's not an "environmental disaster" and that the Gulf can recover on its own without any help from Mankind.

Why the hell do you think BP and the Obama administration seem so unconcerned? Why do you think this leak has been allowed to continue?

This is about scaring the HELL out of gullible people, just like the Manmade Global Warming Hoax was about scaring the hell out of the gullible masses. Problem with MMGW was that the effects weren't immediate enough to frighten anyone, and the lies — one after another — were exposed to public scrutiny. MMGW collapsed under the weight of its own deception.

What we now have in the Gulf of Mexico is a controllable spectacle, with visual impact, but no far-reaching affect on marine life. And TPTB are controlling the situation, allowing the oil to leak, allowing patches of oil here and there to reach the beaches. This is an immediate effect that scares the bejeezus out of the naive and ignorant.

But it's a fraud. A messy, discouraging fraud meant to incite hysteria among the hysteria-prone.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Hysteria?

I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I'd ever agree with Rev. Pat Robertson.

www.youtube.com...

Topic.....I expect to see many more suicides as the economic devastation is more fully felt along the Gulf, affecting many more businesses than just those that make their living from the sea. Tourism will die as more and more oil washes ashore.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It's not the OIL that's preventing the commercial fishermen from plying their trade, it's the government-imposed fishing bans.

Why do you think they're banning fishing? Because the fish might be contaminated with crude oil?

HA!

Gulf fish have been "contaminated" with crude oil for over a half century! We've been EATING crude oil in fish and crabs and shrimp for decades!

So why are they just now banning commercial fishing?

Because that's where it will hurt Americans WORST. You can drive up gas prices (bet on it), and people will adapt to it, paying higher prices. But when you drive up the price of FOOD, you are REALLY going to piss Americans off.

TPTB want you to be afraid, to be outraged, so you won't oppose the draconian environmental laws that they're going to create and enforce. They want you fearful and submissive.

And, yes, hysterical.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I'd ever agree with Rev. Pat Robertson.

The film subtly promoted "catholic charities (TM)" to the rescue!
First Reliance---Then Compliance
That is the future you are looking at.
Is this what you are agreeing with?

Wait a few more weeks when more people get sick and die or commit suicide and Pat will be telling you that it's God's way of weeding out the wicked.

I hate liars and frauds.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Tourism will die as more and more oil washes ashore.

Look... I lived in Florida for a couple of years, on an island (Siesta Key), back in the early 90s. That Island — and, indeed, all of Sarasota — is dependent on tourism dollars.

In '92, Hurricane Andrew blew into Miami, destroyed Homestead, and exited Florida right over my neighborhood. Lotta people died in Florida, and the damage was extensive.

Tourists were on the beach same day. You couldn't keep 'em away, even with debris and crap strewn all up and down the crescent beach for 12 miles.

Shortly thereafter, Siesta Key was visited by two (2) Red Tides — a Red Tide is an algae bloom that turns the water red, sucks all the oxygen out of the water, produces toxins that'll kill an elephant, not to mention every living thing in the water.

I saw the 12-mile crescent beach of Siesta Key COVERED in dead marine animals, some I didn't even recognize (which is saying something). I walked the length of the crescent (as far as is permitted, anyway) and was amazed at Nature's carnage. The stench was overpowering, even toxic to humans...

And the tourists were still out there on the beach. When they got around to cleaning up the beach, they trucked out an estimated 6 million pounds of rotting carcasses — about a half-million pounds per mile. That's a lot of dead fish, baby.

Within two weeks of these devastating Red Tides, tourism peaked. The sand and water were as beautiful as ever, and it was hard to imagine that anything as shocking as 6 million pounds of rotting fish had covered the beaches just two weeks earlier.

Point is, the Gulf will recover and tourism will recover a lot faster than these ass hole "experts" predict. It's happened before and it'll happen again.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Why does everyone think "they" killed him. "They" wouldn't be so stupid. It's probably been mentioned, I only read the first page, but it's more likely he committed suicide because he knew the truth about the spill. The "truth" being, that the spill was man made.

It is a frigging suicide!

The media out of respect for the family very rarely reports them and if they do it does not report the persons name.

Do you not have any decency!?
That's absolute bull...any decent or "respectful" media entity would let the public know this happened, and they would make a point of it. It may not be appropriate to report such things in most circumstances, but to not report this, considering the current situation, is not appropriate.

[edit on 24/6/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Why do you suppose they call it "core exit"?
Are we to assume there is an untold meaning in that word?

I would read it as "Corrects it!" with a little winking Fallout 3 smiling icon man.

Or, maybe a Plasmid ad from Ryan Industries.

2nd

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Were they using corexit on it then?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
New conspiracy theory :

BP is spreading corexit in the water, to drive people crazy and allow martial law to be put into effect. They needed the oil spill to cover it up.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Question is....

what are the ill effects....

I wonder if it effects the mind...

I believe it does. A friend of mine once said his grandpa went crazy after working with benzene in an adhesive factory... or something like that.
Benzene[

The short term breathing of high levels of benzene can result in death, while low levels can cause drowsiness, dizziness, rapid heart rate, headaches, tremors, confusion, and unconsciousness. Eating or drinking foods containing high levels of benzene can cause vomiting, irritation of the stomach, dizziness, sleepiness, convulsions, and death.

The major effects of benzene are manifested via chronic (long-term) exposure through the blood. Benzene damages the bone marrow and can cause a decrease in red blood cells, leading to anemia. It can also cause excessive bleeding and depress the immune system, increasing the chance of infection. Benzene causes leukemia and is associated with other blood cancers and pre-cancers of the blood.

Human exposure to benzene is a global health problem. Benzene targets liver, kidney, lung, heart and the brain and can cause DNA strand breaks, chromosomal damage etc.

I believe its effect is deteriorates the mind and functioning.

Originally posted by Unit541
I'm another one that has a hard time swallowing the coroners ruling of suicide as fact.

He apparently shot himself after showing for work, but before beginning the work day? Are we to believe that this man made the decision to take his own life on a whim? In a split second decision? I'm no psychologist, but this is not the way I would expect the suicide of someone in distress over this particular situation to unfold.

Some suicidal people convince them selves that they will not get attention (which is what most suicidal people desire, something to alleviate their situation), but that they will be talked about if they die, suddenly people will notice them. It is possible he saw no way out and killed him self in company to make a statement, or make a bigger impact...

but I still think its the benzene that got him.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
Why does everyone think "they" killed him. "They" wouldn't be so stupid. It's probably been mentioned, I only read the first page, but it's more likely he committed suicide because he knew the truth about the spill. The "truth" being, that the spill was man made.

It is a frigging suicide!

The media out of respect for the family very rarely reports them and if they do it does not report the persons name.

Do you not have any decency!?
That's absolute bull...any decent or "respectful" media entity would let the public know this happened, and they would make a point of it. It may not be appropriate to report such things in most circumstances, but to not report this, considering the current situation, is not appropriate.

[edit on 24/6/10 by CHA0S]

The thing is.....why didn't he leave a note? Not that I know Suicide 101 etiquette but I would think he'd want the world to know how he felt. Maybe not.

As for being a 'whim' opposed to a 'planned' suicide?
Why was he carrying a gun to begin with?

As for 'it being a 'murder' not a suicide?
Why kill him while ashore on his boat? Wouldn't you think killing him out on the sea would be less risky (then tossing his body overboard)?

I don't know what to think.

What ever happened to the guy who died in a swimming pool?

I think the fact that the MSM reported two unrelated sketchy deaths is fishy in itself.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel
New conspiracy theory :

BP is spreading corexit in the water, to drive people crazy and allow martial law to be put into effect. They needed the oil spill to cover it up.

Mayhaps but I thought they had that covered via HAARP?
After all, it's HAARP that creates huge hurricanes and mega earthquakes right? So.....?.....aim it down here, devastate this area again and declare martial law. Simple! Who needs an oil leak? (and it's a LEAK.....not a spill)

(Man, I just don't know what to believe anymore. Think I'll turn to the Universe for all the answers from now on cause it's gotten too crazy here on Earth)

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment

I think the fact that the MSM reported two unrelated sketchy deaths is fishy in itself.

Yes, I thought it was odd that Thad Allen announced it. It's almost like he was saying, these guys died, and if you threaten to blow the whistle, you will too.

That's what I got out of it.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

The timing of related events is all pretty complementary, and I always try to remember to remove myself from that immediate need frame of mind, to try and think at a little slower, longer, overall agenda pace.
Global warming was coming under fire not too long ago, certain peoples credibility began to come into question, the cap and trade, the revenue streams and all of the related created financial bonuses all became objects in the rear view mirror, and then BLAM.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, oil leaks into the gulf, but not at this rate and not with this media coverage, remember the goal of unification, a disaster in your home bonds the family, in your town bonds the town, in your nation bonds the peoples, so remember the goal is global.
Do you think this oil will show itself on the eastern coast?
Do you think it will have any effect on Mexico?
Do you think it will make it to the fishing waters off New England and Canada?
If enough of it is allowed to flow, it will enter those currents that will take it there.
So yes, this does have the potential to be considered a tool,
and let's not forget another curious connection when we talk about food and its possible contamination.
www.codexalimentarius.net...

The "oil", our newest attacker, the newest threat, comes from the earth.
Although MAN has drilled the hole and caused the leak and could be listed as an accomplice,
how do we "fight" the earth?
We dont.
We protect it from ourselves by creating new ways of selling it to ourselves to continue to draw resources from but only allowing those with enough money collected from the people through new taxes to purchase with that revenue the permits required under new law to go after it to make profits.

I'm waiting for the new headline to come out soon, directing fear to the east coast and mexico.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I'm not sure which scenario is worse - Doc Velocity's view that it's all a ruse by TPTB or that the sea bed may in fact be irreperably damaged and thus will act accordingly...
Meanwhile, until we know which, will those of you who keep doing it STOP CALLING IT A SPILL! It's a frikkin LEAK! You 'wipe' up a spill...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm having trouble believing this was a suicide. The guy had a wife and four kids, was well liked in the community, showed no signs.

I think he was going to blow the whistle on something. Notice that not one of his crew has been interviewed.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I am not sure whether this is a real suicide or not. But as for when it happened, it is possible he planned it that way. When it is not a cry for attention but the only seeming answer to intolerable pain and a bleak future, you think about the effect finding the body will have on those you love. This way, his children and wife did not have to discover it, scarring them even more, and his boat mates would not have to sail back into the harbor with a dead body. He sent his shipmates away to get ice, then did it. Don't underestimate the psychological pain of losing one of your core aspects of your self concept. If he came from a long line of fishermen, and/or considered his ability to take care of his family as one of his primary life roles, I can see how this incident might drive him to take his life. It's almost reasonable, but the context is still suspicious. There have been captains speaking out on the terrible things they are witnessing (such as the burning alive of sea turtles and getting sick).

It's really hard to say......

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by OurskiesRpoisoned
I'm having trouble believing this was a suicide. The guy had a wife and four kids, was well liked in the community, showed no signs.

I think he was going to blow the whistle on something. Notice that not one of his crew has been interviewed.

This was due to brain damage. Toxins in the oil, in the natural gas , and the clean up agents. It is horrific that people are misled into this "clean up"

I know from experience the effects of first a natural gas leak combined with a latter carbon monoxide leak from a gas boiler. The natural gas was on a much lower level than these people are exposed to.

I now have working memory damage, word recall problems etc etc, but at the time [ we were not aware of the leak ] we were so exhausted, I had horrible depression and i had to withdraw my son from school to home ed due to problems with moods. It would take you to some dark places in your psyche and i once thought i should give my child up for someone to look after him better than I.

If you look at the safety data regarding the transport of natural gas ,

www.co-gassafety.co.uk...

and the toxicology

this is just the gas alone,

These people are exposed to neurotoxins and I just hope someone is warning them of the risks.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
As Alice in Wonderland said, " Curiouser and curiouser..."
IF it was suicide, he either knew something so awful about what may have been ubleashed that it wasn't worth going on, OR it's just coincidence in the timing and place and he was in a bad marriage and was broke etc, OR he was disposed of for knowing something that would cause a revolution by we the people. ie it's a scam... Poor, Poor man and his family no matter which way you look at it.
By the way, what can we do that is positive and proactive in light of ANY of these potential scenarios of doom? Hope everyone's getting on with the business of living full and loving lives?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join