It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: IAF Landed at Saudi Base, US Troops near Iran Border

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Israel Planned Iran Attack From Caucasus Base

A week ago, Israel leaked to the press that they had permission from Saudi Arabia to use their air space to attack Iran. The Saudi’s quickly denied this. The effort on Israel’s part was a ruse to cover their real plans, to attack from the Republic of Georgia, close to Iran’s northern border. However, the breakdown in relations with Turkey after miscalculating the response to their Flotilla raid on a Turkish ship in international waters may have ended this operation.

Israel, whose arms agreements with Turkey mounted to nearly $5 billion dollars over a period of years, had been training pilots in Turkey for bombing attacks on Iran. During these training missions, Israel was smuggling aircraft through Turkish airspace.

Sources indicate that Georgia has become a major transhipment point for narcotics from Afghanistan and other countries in the region. Both a land route through Turkey and into Northern Cyprus and air and sea routes directly into Europe and North America have been cited.

Turkey had allowed Israel to use their air space for training because their terrain closely resembled areas of Iran that Israel planned to attack. However, Turkey was unaware that planes involved in this effort were being relocated to forward staging areas in the Republic of Georgia, making Turkey, technically, fully complicit in this planned illegal attack.

Helping coordinate the attack are intelligence units forward stationed in Azerbaijan, under the guise of technicians, trainers and advisors under the broad armaments agreements with that small nation.

Supply operations, moving necessary ordnance, much of it supplied by the United States under ammunition storage agreements, is being moved through the Black Sea to the Georgian Port of Poti, a major site for exporting coal and manganese ore.

Cover for the supply operations is being performed by the Georgian Coast Guard, set up by Israel and manned with Israeli observers. Their job is to keep Russian surveillance craft away from supply operations under the guise of a “Gaza type” naval blockade of Abkhazia, a separatist province supported by Russia.

Abkhazia and South Ossetia have both separated from the Republic of Georgia and are seeking independence with Russian backing. Georgia attempted to “reattach” South Ossetia with Israeli help in 2008 until Russian forces moved in after the killing of peacekeeping troops by Israeli “commandos.”

US Naval forces began operating in the Black Sea in late May, with the USS Graple (T-ars 53), a service and salvage ship, visiting the George port of Poti for joint military exercises which ended June 8th. Prior to that, the last US Navy ship in the region was the USS John L. Hall (FFG-32), a Perry class guided missile frigate. A Russian spokesman said, “The US is trying to turn the Black Sea into an American lake.”

The US is also maintaining a training and observation command in Tiblisi, a unit from Ramstein AFB in Germany, that is coordinating air traffic and radar functions.

With regular visits by the US Navy scheduled and ramping up at the same convenient time Israel is building up its arms cache in Georgia for the upcoming attack on Iran, the current debacle with Turkey may have set things back or ended this gambit completely. Turkish air controllers had to know something was afoot when the attack bombers failed to return to the agreed upon flight plans and return to Israel.

A critical issue, of course, is the S300 air defense system that Russia has agreed to withhold from Iran as part of the program of sanctions. The current Tor 1 system, though robust, can be defeated by a well planned low level attack. As the use of Georgia may be seen as a provocation by Russia, even if the attacks never manifest as anything other than more “firing blanks” like Israel’s tussle with Hezbollah in Lebanon, Russia may reconsider the delivery of this vital defense technology.

Without the ability to use forward bases in either Georgia, Azerbaijan or Kazakhstan, Israel would be unable to attack Iran at all except by flying a circuitous 4500 mile “each way” route or using the limited capabilities of its nuclear armed submarine off the coast of Iran. It is uncertain how Turkey will deal with the illegal use of their airspace by Israel as relations are already at a low ebb.

With a number of former Soviet airfields spread across Georgia and 4 of 5 fields in Azerbaijan available for operations and support, the region makes a perfect area for broad operations, not only against Iran but for movement of contraband of every variety.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The escalation right now is terrifying for those who know what will eventually happens when SHTF.

It seems the actors/pawns/chess pieces had been moved beyond strategic positions and are poised to strike.

The Rubicon/point of no return had been crossed. Saudi Arabia is already fully committed and can no longer turn back, for it had allowed Jews and a mititary one at that to enter and entrenched in a sacred Islamic Holy land.

Germany had committed troops. Russia and China had made plain their condemnation of Iran. The Iranian nutjob leadership now knows who are against them, and had already laid plans for each of them.

'Götterdämmerung' plans, set earlier, will be enacted.

Mankind's second last hope that is left......are our fellow humans of the soveriegn state of Iran.

WIth the crack Iranian troops and equipment rushed to the borders around Iran, now is the only chance that the soveriegn people can stand up and demand for a regime change that they had tried to do last year before being harshly dealt with.

Toppling the mindwarped old men, the new leaders can push a more truer form of democracy, and even seek a referendum on the nuke issue.

If the soveriegn people of Iran decides to accept the responsiblity of living and dying by the ownership of nukes, then let no nation stand in its way and then quietly back off.

With a true democracy in Iran, change for peace will be possible between the jews, as well as Saudi Arabia's Sunni.

Our Iranian brothers and sisters are our second last hope that world war 3 be averted, bloodshed end and a new evolution of mankind will progress. Let not the brave and courageous Iranian lady, Neda Agha Soltan and many more brave souls death be in vain please....

Our last hope .... is to pray now. It's getting grim by the minutes....

[edit on 23-6-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Sounds good, but what if this has nothing to do with democracy or Iran's Nuke program? If the Iranian people took over their nation and sent the leadership packing, the war would still continue.

There is much money to be made in war and TPTB will go on as planned. If they tell us that there were nukes, or WMD's, in Iran.....I want the proof first this time. I do not want a repeat of the Iraq lie.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The president of Iran has openly said that the Iranian revolution was, in his mind,

to pave the way for the reappearance of the Twelfth Imam.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Basically, he is wanting armaggedon. I say we bomb the guy back into the stone age and get it done with. Hell, im catholic so to me armaggedon is a good thing in the end. Ahmadinejad wants it, along with all the other crazy muslim/christian/judeo fundamentalists so why dont we just bomb the hell outa him and get it over with. If armaggedon happens, it happens. If not, at least we get rid of a pest like this that is causing alot of grief over there in the middle east. Honestly, I hope we dont even have to bomb him and that just our mere presense along with the other countries in the area will give the Iranian people a bigger backbone to overthrow the guy and that way it aint so bloody and wouldnt even hurt any of our guys. Regardless, the guy has got to go cause if not, Im more than willing to bet he will be trying to bomb Isreal back to the stone age before to long.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

You guys go ahead and whatever you want, but when you're standing out in the street with your arms stretched out waiting on god to come down and rapture you I can just laugh and take pictures.

I'm not saying Catholics believe in rapture, because I don't think you do, but anyone who supports the end should be willing to volunteer and kill themselves and leave us the hell alone. Quit trying to take us all with you, if you are waiting on god to take you, #ing kill yourself already!

[edit on 6/23/2010 by Misoir]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzie56
Hell, im catholic so to me armaggedon is a good thing in the end. Ahmadinejad wants it, along with all the other crazy muslim/christian/judeo fundamentalists so why dont we just bomb the hell outa him and get it over with. If armaggedon happens, it happens.

Hmmm.You are joking,right?Please...

I think it would be better off if humans tried to prevent "Armaggeddon."
I mean why try to destroy civilisation as we know it just because some old book or other claims it will happen one day...

It will not be a "good thing in the end" as you put it-more likely it will be millions of people being vaporised,and millions of others slowly dying blind and pissing blood,with their skin falling off.

How does that grab you?
A"good thing?"

No thanks.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Sounds good, but what if this has nothing to do with democracy or Iran's Nuke program? If the Iranian people took over their nation and sent the leadership packing, the war would still continue.

There is much money to be made in war and TPTB will go on as planned. If they tell us that there were nukes, or WMD's, in Iran.....I want the proof first this time. I do not want a repeat of the Iraq lie.

I am fully with you on this. If regime change happens and the troops still invade and there is NO WMD, someone's head is gonna roll!

We the public and humanity will want full accounting for the murders of both Iranians and our precious young - jews as well as americans, germans, etc. Humans die in war, more so senseless ones which only profits the rich!

But if the nutjob Iranian leadership survives, then it will be a bitter senseless fight and death to all, including non-combatants.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

na, nobodies head will roll.. look at IRAQ... nothing has happened to all the war criminals still walking around. bush, rumsfield, cheney, blair.... theres no justice in this land or any other... if war with iran is what they want they will get it, it will happen. lots of great info in this thread, you can see how high the tensions are, you can see the pieces being put inplace... there is a full scale military build-up goin on.. is mainstream media talking about it at all?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I had a gut feeling something was up.

To answer the poster who wondered how this could turn into World War III, the fact lies in China and Russia. China gets most of its oil from the Persian Gulf, so if that were blocked, it would want to get forces down there in any manner to get that cleared. Also if the war went too long they may attack simply to secure their interests in that country.

Russia could get involved due to the fact that the reactor is covered by a treaty and I believe the Russian workers are still there (one reactor online and another planned for testing in August I think and a third in building). Killing them would tick off Russia.

Something else to think about is to track where the oil from Iran goes and who benefits from distilling it for them. They might not like their customers bombed to dust.

On paper Russia and China are not disagreeing to this, but they have got to be frustrated that they are being forced into sitting back like this. Its possible that either or both could decide to intervene if nukes are used, deeming it as excessive force.

Back in December while in class, I made a kind of Richter scale for international situations from Peace (0) to global thermonuclear exchange (10). Thinking back I think this event is easily moving from 5 on that scale (standoff--forces readied for war) to 6 (regional forces engaged). Honestly unless another nation gets involved on behalf of Iran I don't think it will go much beyond that because Iran will be on total air blockade and missiles will likely not be able to be used except to close the straight since they will be among the first targets (at least if I was a general planning this out they would be).

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The media has announced Israel easing the blockade, while Israel is tightening the blockade. Now the media will claim this is nothing big, just another unloading at a Saudi air base. But the alternative media will speak of war. The difference between Iraq and Iran is that Iraq was a mainstream war, but Iran will be an alternative media war.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sir Solomon

Consider too that the rest of the Islamic republics are not going to just sit down and let Iran go down with getting a piece of the action, regardless directly or indirectly, by state and non-state actors, more so in these troubling difficult financial times.

When that happens, oil supply will get compromised, Nato treaties abandoned, religions used as tool to gather support and even nations far away from M.E. will get involved, upsetting regional balances....

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I still think that some kind of event will be needed in order for a war to break out-weather that be a natural or engineered event remains to be seen.

Look out for something fishy in the coming days from the middle east area.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

A week ago, Israel leaked to the press that they had permission from Saudi Arabia to use their air space to attack Iran.

This factoid tells me that Iran will now allocate whatever it would take to disrupt the saudi oil refineries and loading docks. "Whatever it would take" would just be a few missiles... perhaps Chinese missiles.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by seataka]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Originally posted by Alien Mind
...It's not like iran said it wants to wipe israel off the face of the map. All they is to get along and hold hands....

you know that quote has been debunked as a lie, right?

a lie? i cant begin to count the number of times the Iranian political leaders and religious leaders have spoken of eradicating Israel. The PLO has the same language in their charter! Nope! I for one take Iran. the PLO and Hamas at their word. Given the chance they will try to wipe out Israel. In Israel's place I would have already attacked hard and heavy and let the chips fall where they may.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Something with this story smells fishy. First we have Debka and now another Israeli news outlet leaking an uncited, yes uncited story. . Why can I not find the original story from the Iranian news agency. It almost seems like this story was "seeded."

Methinks we may have stumbled into and are unknowingly participating in an Israeli PsyOp campaign. The purpose of which is to place pressure on and evaluate the defenses of the Iranian defensive forces.

The following days will tell, but I am placing bets that we will see no war in the following weeks. For one thing General Patreaus would not have been reassigned to Afghanistan from Iraq if something were about to blow next door to Iraq. .

It makes no sense. Mark my words, we are being used to disseminate disinformation.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm amazed that this news is a surprise to some people. It has been a known fact for awhile now that Israel is against Iran having nuclear power plants for the obvious reason that it will allow them to begin enriching weapons grade uranium/plutonium. I've said it for years now that the invasion of Iran by joint US/Israeli and possibly other nations as well was INEVITABLE. Not if but WHEN.

Does Iran and it's people deserve nuclear energy? YES
Can Iran and it's current leadership be trusted with nuclear capabilities? NO

They are extremists. Extremists can not be reasoned with over a cup of tea. Diplomacy can not exist when it encounters extremists and religious zealots. There are instances when only force is understood, and this is one of those instances. You cannot reason with extremists with words, they only understand the universal language: Blood and broken bones.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I don't think this is it yet, it says they are massed in the west. An attack with ground forces would come from the east.

This is not it in my opinion, but it will happen at some point.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by dizzie56

You guys go ahead and whatever you want, but when you're standing out in the street with your arms stretched out waiting on god to come down and rapture you I can just laugh and take pictures.

I'm not saying Catholics believe in rapture, because I don't think you do, but anyone who supports the end should be willing to volunteer and kill themselves and leave us the hell alone. Quit trying to take us all with you, if you are waiting on god to take you, #ing kill yourself already!

[edit on 6/23/2010 by Misoir]

I dont think you got the jist of what i was saying. But to clarify, no i dont believe in a rapture. Do I believe that there will be an "end of days" in some sort or another, yeah. How it happens is up to God. To further clarify, Amidina-whatever is the one that wants it so bad he can taste it. Me on the other hand, not so much. I just think we should give him what he wants and that is bomb his ars back to the stone age. HE WANTS WAR. I personally dont, but if he wants it and will start it sooner or later (and he will) then why not be a little pre-emptive and give it to him? Like i said in my previous post, hopefully our mere presence gives the Iranian people a backbone and they over throw him themselves, leaving us out of it entirely. As previous posts have stated, the people themselves seem to want him gone and hopefully with all the collective countries "guns pointed at em" so to speak the people themselves will take care of such nonsense.

Please dont get side-tracked by what I said about my beliefs and my religion. I said one little sentence about my religious belief and you jump on that like all hell is breaking loose. Learn to read past the one sentence that upsets you. Maybe if you passed that little reading comprehension test when you were younger, you would be able to do so.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Originally posted by dizzie56
Hell, im catholic so to me armaggedon is a good thing in the end. Ahmadinejad wants it, along with all the other crazy muslim/christian/judeo fundamentalists so why dont we just bomb the hell outa him and get it over with. If armaggedon happens, it happens.

Hmmm.You are joking,right?Please...

I think it would be better off if humans tried to prevent "Armaggeddon."
I mean why try to destroy civilisation as we know it just because some old book or other claims it will happen one day...

It will not be a "good thing in the end" as you put it-more likely it will be millions of people being vaporised,and millions of others slowly dying blind and pissing blood,with their skin falling off.

How does that grab you?
A"good thing?"

No thanks.

If you want my personal insights on armaggedon, please U2U me or save it for when I feel like making a crazy train thread about it one day (dont hold your breathe). Like I said previously, I mentioned one little sentence and people jump on it likes the last drop of freshwater in the world. Otherwise, stick to the topic. If reading comprehension failed you, Im sorry. Ill spell it out for you a little easier I guess. Ahmadinejad wants a war because his crazy self thinks it will bring about the end times. Personally, I dont think that this war will be the cause of armaggedon, again, just my belief here. But he is the one that wants it. All im saying is that we either A) Show a strong presence in the Middle East and that hopefully incites the Iranian people to overthrow the oppressive rule that they have or B) Make half the place and oil and gas refinery and the other half a parking lot for the workers (then we probably wouldnt have to have this nasty leak in the Gulf ever again in our lifetimes).

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

I don't think it will be missiles. I think it will be biological weapons.

Yes i agree but don't go telling people because one nutter in this forum thinks the USA could take on Russia and it would be just as easy as taking Iraq.

it's a shame so many people need to die just so the zionists can control yet another part of the world and they will be rembered for kicking the bees hive and getting everyone stung.

Trouble is we have had so man false flag attacks we won't have a clue where it realy came from so long as it makes a few people a lot of money then it's worth it to them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join