It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: IAF Landed at Saudi Base, US Troops near Iran Border

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Thanks for all of the information! A lot to digest and I'm learning a great deal. Makes me feel like an idiot before
Which is one of the reasons I'm here: to learn.

The information on multistatic detection is what I really found interesting. Something to ask here then would be what types of systems does Iran have in place that could participate in this? I am not aware of any AWACS-type equipment deployed by their airforce, or of their space assets having this ability. Also there may not be enough TV towers to participate. Maybe this is where Russia has been supplying little "surprises" over the years for our forces should this attack happen.

Makes me wonder though if the first wave won't be the Tomahawk cruise missiles alone to bust holes in the air defense ahead of an air attack. Four SSGN's capable of holding 154 Tomahawks each were all deployed for the first time in history (given that they just finished the retrofitting this isn't saying much). Now I'm not saying they are all in the Persian Gulf, but even one would make a pretty good door pounder. Two would make Iran have a really terrible day. All four may make air attacks pointless except for hardened targets.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phedreus
Iran is funding terrorist cells, Hamas and hezbullah. Most of the countries in the middle east secretly fear a nuclear Iran, and want desperately for the US or Israel to keep them from getting them.

Iran is a 19th century nation, with 21st century technology, and a 17th century based theocratic,despotic, governemt. not a good mix.

[edit on 6/27/2010 by Phedreus]

ah so much BS in one reply
Iran is more modern then the Arab states around it and has better freedom religion then the Arabs, it also has a better industrial complex then its arab neigbours, it is a 21st century country,

and i see you completly ignored my Hamas and hezbullah part of the reply which i will quote again for you

Originally posted by illusive man
i know, Iran arms terrorists?
if Hamas or hezbullah wasnt fighting israel i wouldnt be supprised if the US didnt fund them like the other groups it funds or funded and what did they label those groups it armed, thats right freedom fighters. (came back to bite the US in the right side didnt it?)

anyhow to keep my response to you short, get over it and stop watching FOx news, it kills brain cells.

just because the US and its allies see Hezbullah and hamas as terrorists not all others share that opinion,

have fun with your ignorant views of Iran though,

[edit on 28-6-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by sheepslayer247

You don't need a missile to fly from Iran to US. All it needs is just a brainwashed simpleton with a briefcase pack with explosives left behind in a jampacked heavy commuter area and you are done for.

Does more damage than one missle ever could. And it will not only be US that will be targetted.

If the US would Just Say No to being Israel's attack dog, this could all be avoided. But we know who owns the power in this country, don't we? Frankly it's been a long time since the US has done anything that has surprised me.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sir Solomon
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Thanks for all of the information! A lot to digest and I'm learning a great deal. Makes me feel like an idiot before
Which is one of the reasons I'm here: to learn.

The information on multistatic detection is what I really found interesting. Something to ask here then would be what types of systems does Iran have in place that could participate in this? I am not aware of any AWACS-type equipment deployed by their airforce, or of their space assets having this ability. Also there may not be enough TV towers to participate. Maybe this is where Russia has been supplying little "surprises" over the years for our forces should this attack happen.

Makes me wonder though if the first wave won't be the Tomahawk cruise missiles alone to bust holes in the air defense ahead of an air attack. Four SSGN's capable of holding 154 Tomahawks each were all deployed for the first time in history (given that they just finished the retrofitting this isn't saying much). Now I'm not saying they are all in the Persian Gulf, but even one would make a pretty good door pounder. Two would make Iran have a really terrible day. All four may make air attacks pointless except for hardened targets.

Yea no problem i honestly belive that Iran cannot stop a US attack because they do not have the s-300/400 systems. They do however have 10 SA-22 Greyhound (Pantsyr S1) units and 29 tor missle systems and a variety of other low tech equipment:

en.wikipedia.org...

I do think not think Iran has an AWACS anymore because theirs was a Ilyushin Il-76 which was destroyed in an air collision;

en.wikipedia.org...

I believe that Iran does not probably posses the knowledge or even know about multistatic radars in the firstplace without Russian help, They are probably more worried about small things here and there, and lot looking at making a networked multistatic radar system.

They should really go to all tv stations, radio stations and request their assistance and borrow their dishes for times when they suspect a stealth attack is happening.

I really believe that Iran is not thinking about this right now as it is being bogged down by other things probably. If there was probably one smart commander thinknig al lot, long and hard abour air defense strategies, he would have hopefully thought up of employing multistatic radar. But since I think the US has spies there, we would know about it and would be thinking of different methodologies of attack.

In summary Iran does not have the s-300/400 system which was probably the only threat to the f-22. It does have the pantysir and tor systems which defend against tomahawk missles and jdams and Harm missles and such. Therefore Iran may be able to stop them in their terminal phases but will not be realisitically be able to hit the F-22 without the s-400 system. Also their commanders in charge of air defense may not have russian assistance in radar technology using VHF radars and multistatic systems, so therefore I think that it will be an easier war for the US..

But I could be wrong...we could all be wrong...

<< 7  8  9   >>

join