It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amid crises, Obama declares war -- on Arizona

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Amid crises, Obama declares war -- on Arizona

Link

The Obama administration has a lot of fights on its hands. Putting aside real wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, there's the battle against leaking oil in the Gulf, the struggle against 9.7 percent unemployment across the country, and clashes over the president's agenda on Capitol Hill. Despite all that, the White House has found time to issue a new declaration of war, this time against an unlikely enemy: the state of Arizona.

The Justice Department is preparing to sue Arizona over its new immigration law. The president has stiffed Gov. Jan Brewer's call for meaningful assistance in efforts t
(visit the link for the full news article)
www.ExaminerPolitics.com
[email protected].
Related News Links:
Link
www.drudgereport.com

[edit on 22-6-2010 by guohua]

[edit on 6/22/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
FYI - there are 50 states in the u.s NOT 57

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
75% of america is for the AZ bill yet the POTUS is going to sue AZ. WOW, he sure know how to shot himself in the foot. FYI 50 states

link   
He bows to the enemy, disses our allies and declares war on my (not his because Kenya is his home country) fellow Americans.

Does this mean he will have to return his Nobel PEACE Prize?

link   
reply to post by Expat888

He was being facetious, see below.

Linky

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
first of all, i don't think he declared anything, i think his administration perhaps just 'might' sue arizona or push them around on the new immigration issue, but to say that war has been declared on a home state might be pushing the real effect of things...

with that said, as you know, america was founded on the idea of a non-invasive government, due to the oversized tyrant england that predated the birth of the US.. to solve that problem states were given rights to govern themselves to a certain extent, and where that extent left off the federal government stepped in

so basically i am under the opinion that due to arizona's proximity to mexico, it's immigration problems are genuine to it's own state.. my logic would tell me that is why the US state law vs federal law makes sense

it's not like this law would apply to the whole US, only to arizona where there is a problem and IT is the solution

my logic would further conclude that the obama administration trying to sneak it's way into the states state laws and manipulate them is not 100% politically correct, and might further the beleif that the federal government can impose itself however it wants, where ever it wants, which i guess would make it alot like the tyrant that created it

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
FYI - there are 50 states in the u.s NOT 57

You didn't pay attention in the last election?

Just please don't tell me you voted for Obama, and didn't know about his claim of there being 57 states in the US.

Obama is an idiot. I gave him a fair shot at first, and he screwed that up so quickly that before his first March was over, i was done with him.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
That statement still boggles my mind.
Did he mean there are 58 or 60 states?

Remember, he claimed to have visited 57 states with one more to go (58), yet he couldn't justify visiting Alaska (59) or Hawaii (60).

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
america needs to grow sum balls n call a revolution..

they did it then.. you need it now

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It's time for a country-wide public referendum on this issue. Period.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Afghanistan, Arizona, easily mixed up. If I lived in Argentina, I'd be very worried!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mithrawept
Afghanistan, Arizona, easily mixed up. If I lived in Argentina, I'd be very worried!

No wonder they went after Palin so hard. She is the Queen of Alaska.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Missed that.. Having my morning coffee here.. Thought maybe the school systems dropped a few more notches there.. Truly incredible people elect a president who has no clue how many states there are..

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Calm down and quit crying...you all knew (or should of known) that this was going to happen.

This was Jan Brewer's plan all along...she passed it knowing it would cause controversy and that it would eventually get put down. She just wanted to get her ugly skeletor mug on Fox News for her 15 minutes of fame. And she also wanted to get those of you that aren't bright enough to see the ploy all riled up and angry so you go out and vote for her and her republican friends.

That is how republicans get votes...not because of their good ideas or policy stances...but on fabricated anger issues.

Congrats guys...played.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Left the states permanently back in the early 80s and havent been back since.
Didnt see much on the elections where I am...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

How is the illegal immigration of millions a non issue to you? It's been a problem that has needed to be addressed for YEARS. Our borders have needed to be enforced better for YEARS. This is something that has been brewing for YEARS.

The fact that it happened now is the non issue.

The law states that the states cannot impose laws that go against those of the federal government. All the Arizona law is doing is enforcing a federal law.

There is no law on the federal books that says asking for proof of status of citizenship is illegal.

Europe being such a big group of small countries ask for passports even when you check into hotels in some cases. It is not discrimination of any kind.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

Obama continues to violate the constituation, and rally support for his social agenda. He will continuine to strip away the freedoms of the American citizen, and denounce, and vilify any state or person that stands in his way.
Star, Flag and Standing Ovation for your thread.
Welcome to the political trolling club.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mithrawept

Thanks for the laugh. Needed that. A lot. Star.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

To the mod that considered that political trolling, removed and gave me two warnings. You really needed to read the whole article. that come from the article I was quoting.

I understand you didn't like me slamming your man Obama, him and his 57 states he's traveled to during the eletion.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by guohua]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join