It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gulf Gives Birth to Hurricane Alex (Weekend Headlines June 26th 2010)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
According to this thread with some new links, the system will become a hurricane today.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I posted a link in that thread back to this one. Is anybody organizing any rainwater collection yet? My pool is looking cloudy, but it doesn't have the rainbow sheen on it that would indicate oil. I had the one rain shower that made my windshield wipers leave rainbow streaks, but none since then.

I believe it is only a matter of time until we are certain that oil is in the air.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Actually I am attempting to put together a project to do just that and all members here are encouraged to participate..........

You should take a look at that link from Springfield Mo..........It really gives a good look at exactly how big the storm is and its circulation over the spill area.........

www.stormpulse.com...

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Who is Wayne Madsen? That is the first question before reading his article from his "member only" site..........

I am not going to do a copy and paste of what Wikipedia says about him so I hope everyone clicks the link to read for themselves.......

en.wikipedia.org...

What I have read about Mr Madsen brings creditability to his blog and the report above.......

So if these reports are true that an evac is coming then what we have been discussing here is right on target........

If someone can post something that can discredit Mr Madsen please do.........All I did was a quick google search......

From his site: www.waynemadsenreport.com...

Wayne Madsen Report

June 28, 2010

A well-placed source in California told WMR that the California Emergency Management Agency (CEMA) has been briefed by its counterpart agencies in the Gulf coast states that there are plans to conduct a mass evacuation of millions of Gulf coast residents due to the catastrophic environmental and public health effects of the BP oil disaster.

CEMA officials have been briefed on the planned evacuations by counterparts in the Louisiana Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, the Alabama Emergency Management Agency, the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency, and the Florida Division of Emergency Management.

The Gulf states’ emergency planners stressed to their California counterparts that they are dealing with a disaster of unprecedented proportions and that contingency plans are being constantly updated and revised on ways to deal with the transformation of the Gulf of Mexico into a deadly “toxic soup” of oil and Corexit 9500 oil dispersants and the atmosphere into a dangerous mixture of hydrocarbon gases.

CEMA was briefed on the impending mass evacuation since California would be expected to absorb a large number of evacuees from the Gulf states. CEMA officials did not say how the state of California, which is virtually bankrupt, would pay for the influx of hundreds of thousands and perhaps greater numbers of evacuees from the Gulf coastal region.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Storm Alex Complicates Oil Spill Cleanup Even As It Misses Site

If an evacuation of the workers drilling a relief well is required because of the storm, Adm. Allen said the operation would be halted for 14 days due to the amount of time to break production and stop drilling.

The storm is expected to miss the spill, but it could push the slick more toward the Gulf Coast.

Adm. Allen said crews haven’t seen oil being pushed further inland, but there has been a change in direction.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I have also been tracking the storm with updates on my thread here.

Here is a weather channel map with the oil leak area marked,
www.weather.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I believe it will be tomorrow before Alex turns into a hurricane.. luckily it won't get above a CAT 1 and is headed west and not east.. but it still will be stormy where the oil is.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm in Houston right now and can see that Tropical Storm Alex's outer-bands are already here. Does anyone notice a weird smell around here? It almost smells like gasoline....didn't notice this smell a few hours ago. I was just wondering if maybe TS Alex has something to do with this....

[edit on 29-6-2010 by cb0688]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cb0688

Hey keep us updated on what you smell.......Take rain samples if you can.......

Like I said these rain bands could be highly toxic..........Keep us posted

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well, the smell doesn't seem as strong as when I first posted about an hour ago. The wind has kind of died down so that might have something to do with it. I called a friend who lives in Katy,TX (15 min from me) and he mentioned he could smell "something" too. I'm trying not to be too paranoid about whats going on but this smell was definitely not here earlier today. Anyone who lives in Houston or the surrounding areas please let me know if you've noticed this too....

I will keep you guys posted.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
So, Alex is now a hurricane. Cat 1 heading for Cat 2 . South of Brownsville TX

www.accuweather.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Obama delcared a "Pre" state of emergency for Texas................HHHHMMMM

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Yeah, what exactly does he mean by that?
"Y'all better start fixin' to panic?"

I was talking to a cab driver where I'm staying at the moment and I was telling him about Texas. He said he'd driven through once and could smell the oil fields. I said, "We're gonna be smelling a lot more oil pretty soon."

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
So, Alex is now a hurricane. Cat 1 heading for Cat 2 . South of Brownsville TX

www.accuweather.com...

Yes it is now Hurricane Alex.. but the models don't show it getting stronger than CAT 1.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Everyone needs to take a look at Alex and how large its rotation is..........

The cloud bands extend north as of this AM to Fort Scott AR. Take a look at this link......make sure you click on the options in the right hand corner....

www.stormpulse.com...

What does this mean?? If you are in the rain band area of Alex Please take a rain water sample!! Let me know and we will get it tested.....

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I found this video from this thread and I thought the video should be seen by those who are following this thread. As the OP stated in his thread......

"We can only expect to see this get worse."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The first named storm of the Atlantic season has hit BP's oil spill clean-up efforts in the Gulf of Mexico.

Hurricane Alex, upgraded from tropical storm status late last night and expected to hit the coasts of Mexico and Texas later today, is expected to interrupt the company's efforts for several days to come.

Waves as high as 3.6 metres (12ft) are expected to delay the company's plans to employ a further system to capture more oil from the blown-out oil well until later in the week, while controlled burns of crude on the oil's surface, flights spraying dispersant chemicals and booming operations were all halted yesterday, officials said

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 30-6-2010 by DeepestOne]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This is for all the people that relentlessly attacked the OP!!

Alex Becomes Hurricane, Aims at U.S. Border

Published June 30, 2010

Associated Press www.foxnews.com...

I stand by what I said earlier! CLOUDS KNOWS THE DEAL! You can trust him and his sources!

EXCELLENT FORESIGHT!

Pax

[edit on 30-6-2010 by paxnatus]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Hi Clouds,

The little ditch beside my house in Tallahassee, now has a thin rainbow layer across the whole top of it. My wife actually pointed it out. Now I have to be honest about the runoff from the street and the possibilty of oils out of the pavement and traffic, but I also have to say that I have never seen oil on top of the water in that ditch over the past two years. Maybe I wasn't looking, I don't know.

We have a 90% chance of rain today, and I have some pitchers set out to catch the water falling from the sky and eliminate any other possibilites.

On another note though, my tomato plants, pear tree, jalapenos, and grass seem to love it! They are doing very, very well this year!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Did you look at that Springfiled link .....its the best one I have come across.......Alex rain bands / clouds extend all the way up to Ft Smith.....

A couple weeks ago we did have a big rain here in my home town......As I mentioned to you earlier I did have something very simular happen to my garden like the video out of Memphis.......but not to the extent of killing everything......just a few plants......

So keep us posted on how your garden turns out..........

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Hi Clouds, I did look at that link! People don't realize that the feeder bands, and the off shoot bands may stretch for hundreds of miles, and then travel hundreds more! Alex is pulling moisture from the spill area, and the bands are spinning off and making it all the way to the midwest.

There is another thread out now with an MSNBC source stating oil is washing up over roadways in Texas!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join