It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gulf Gives Birth to Hurricane Alex (Weekend Headlines June 26th 2010)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
01L.ALEX 26 JUN 2010 1345Z

[edit on 6/26/2010 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Some good news............

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Here is a dandy MSM news coverage of just how deadly this is............

Average life span of the Exxon Valdez clean up workers 51

Most are dead now???

And "We The People" are to trust Obama and BP when they say its getting better and that there are no health risk???

[edit on 26-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
And this happened just at the dawn of the Big Oil Age.

These corporations are even bigger and more tyrannical now than they were then. They do not care about small people. From the Board of Directors right on down to the regional douche bags that do their bidding, these entities are evil in nature. They seek profit, not wealth. They engage in control, not business.

Small people like you and me are obstacles to their pleasure. They kill us whenever they like. They hold hands while they do it.

And when we call them to account, they "..just want their lives back."

What kind of life can the CEO of gigantic oil corporation have? One would imagine it is mostly consumed with work in the oil industry, always thinking about oil and the company and the employees. One would imagine that the CEO days are literally filled with non-stop oil related activities...like a businessman. But it is not! Creepy rich guys like the CEO of BP don't even know anything about the corporation they run! The guy doesn't have a clue.

Most businessmen have an intimate knowledge of their business. They live it. They breath it. Creepy rich guys spew oil all over the little people, spray them with toxic chemicals and then go yachting with other creepy rich guys and call themselves businessmen?

They are criminals.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
More info on what is really out there........

"The damage inflicted by the BP oil spill on the natural environment in the Gulf Coast region is plainly visible, but what's not as apparent is the potential damage the spill poses to human health. Community members are worried about the fumes they smell in their neighborhoods. Clean-up workers are concerned about spending long hours working close to the oil without what they consider adequate protective gear. And although the government is monitoring the region's air quality, many Gulf residents are left wondering what the long-term health implications will be for themselves and their families."

www.onearth.org...

Notice the lady in this video? The same lady who's video went viral.....

It evaportes into the air?? Really?? Those airomatics evaporate???

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have been really looking for "news" "info" "video's" that we have not seen posted here on ATS concerning this spill.........

I found this video that I find interesting from Mid-Georgia

There have been a couple videos concerning plants being damaged and even in my garden my plants developed white and burn looking spots like the Memphis News video.......

Now before every plant expert jumps in saying this and that...........I am only posting this because of the possibility so we can debate.......

Below are some of the comments to her youtube post............

"i work with plant and flower, and i know most of the disease for plant, and this is not a disease,. This is a chemical burn, and im 100% sure!
CrookRoxbox 14 hours ago mrmike803"

"12 hours ago @CrookRoxbox thanks because i have not sprayed anything on my plants they are all naural"

"@mrmike803 I live in Douglas co., but all of the rain has been missing us since we have been getting hit or miss storms for a few weeks now. This is messed up. People down closer to the coast are reporting the same exact thing. Did you see their videos? "

"I think the poison is in the raindrops. I've known it now for weeks.
The rain is becoming poisonous.
I'm in south florida and I see certain species of trees turning yellow and dying. God bless you and keep you safe."

"I've heard reports that it is seen in three stages...White spots at first, then orange or red, and the the leaves turn black...Is that what you are seeing?"

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Nice call, CloudsintheSky.

CNN: Tropical storm could halt Gulf cleanup efforts

Love and peace to the Gulf and to you,

Namaste.

[edit on 26-6-2010 by UrbanShaman]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Dr. Jeff Masters' WunderBlog
www.wunderground.com...

Alex may head north to Texas or Louisiana

Posted by: JeffMasters, 6:36 PM GMT on June 27, 2010

Tropical Depression Alex has held together fairly well during its passage over Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, and stands poised to re-intensify back into a tropical storm once it emerges from the coast tonight. Alex brought heavy rains to northern Honduras, Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, and Belize over the weekend. It was not a good beach day in Cozumel yesterday, as 9.25" of rain fell. Cancun received 2.05" over the weekend, and Belize City received 4.57". Satellite loops show that Alex's heavy thunderstorms are mostly gone near the center, though there are some impressive bands of precipitation well away from the center. There is an upper-level high pressure system a few hundred miles west of Alex, and the clockwise flow air around this high is bringing upper-level winds out of the northwest of about 5 knots over the storm, contributing to the 5 knots of wind shear observed in this afternoon's wind shear analysis from the University of Wisconsin's CIMSS group. Sea Surface Temperatures are very warm, 29 - 30°C, and dry air is currently not a problem for Alex.

Forecast for Alex: which model should you trust?

While the track forecast for Alex today through Monday is fairly well-assured, the longer range forecast has become highly uncertain. An increasing number of our reliable models are now indicating Alex may take a more northerly track beginning on Tuesday, with possible landfall on the Texas coast near Galveston on Friday (according to the 8am run of the GFS model) or into western Louisiana on Wednesday (the 8am run of the Canadian model.) The key question remains how Alex will react to the trough of low pressure expected to swing down over the Eastern U.S. on Monday and Tuesday. Most of the models were predicting that the trough would not be strong enough to swing Alex to the north, and several of them continue to predict this. The 8am runs of the NOGAPS and ECMWF models, for example, take Alex into the Gulf coast of Mexico 150 miles south of Texas, on Wednesday. The GFDL and HWRF models split the difference, with the GFDL predicting a Thursday landfall in southern Texas near Brownsville, and the HWRF predicting a Thursday landfall near Corpus Christi. Morris Bender of the GFDL group has just provided me the track forecast from an improved experimental version of the GFDL that shows landfall between Corpus Christi and Galveston. So which model should you trust? Last year, the best performing models at the 3 - 4 day forecast range were the GFS and the Canadian, and these are the models that are currently calling for the more northerly track towards the upper Texas coast and Louisiana. Residents of those areas should review their hurricane preparedness plans and anticipate that Alex could make landfall as early as Wednesday in their vicinity. Residents of the Mexican coast south of Brownsville should make similar plans, as Alex could just as easily hit there.

Re-intensification of Alex is likely once the center of Alex moves offshore, though this will initially be slow due to the current disorganized state of the storm and the relatively low total ocean heat content in the 100-mile-wide stretch of water on the west side of the Yucatan Peninsula. Once Alex moves more than 100 miles from the Yucatan, total heat content of the ocean increases substantially, and Alex will have the opportunity to intensify significantly. A longer time spent over water will give Alex more of a chance to strengthen, and it is possible Alex could intensify into a major hurricane if landfall is delayed until Thursday or Friday. However, Alex's intensification may be limited the farther north it gets, as water vapor satellite images show plenty of dry air over Texas that might interfere with development. Wind shear might also be an issue for Alex if it pushes far enough north, and a slow-moving storm tends to pull up cold water from the depths, limiting intensification. In short, Alex has the potential to intensify into a major hurricane, but there are plenty of roadblocks that make this only a 10% probability in my estimation.

[edit on 6/27/2010 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by UrbanShaman

Hi Clouds! Lightning got my tvs and internet since Friday, but I'm back up and running, and I see that they named Alex on June 26!

NICE CALL!!

Yesterday, we had some rain and it left an oily rainbow sheen on my windshield. I tried to get pics, but they didn't turn out. Its raining again this afternoon, and I've been collecting samples, but so far nothing visible in the water, or on top of my pool.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

This is an outrage!!! BP is now running America... and now they are deliberately poisoning American people.... And Obama is helping them do this..... When are people going to do something? Does BP have to take American children and start roasting them over hot coals while Obama muses before people say enough's enough?

[edit on 27-6-2010 by soleprobe]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
TD Alex just crossed into the gulf... not expected to hit oil rigs at this time but to go west of them...

5:11 EST

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Oil starting to show up in Mississippi now as well,how many states have to be sacrificed to greed and arrogance?:

www.reuters.com...

"Oil hit tourist beaches at Ocean Springs, about 10 miles east of Biloxi, and a beach used by fisherman that is close to an inland marsh. Wildlife officials picked up one pelican covered in oil..."

I get the creepy feeling they are WAITING for an even bigger disaster!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Hey Irish.......Nice to see ya..........I know somebody that sure does miss ya...........Hx3................give him a shout sometime......

Hopefully we missed this one........

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Why the but in the second paragraph?

Alex could become hurricane Monday or Tuesday

Coast Guard officials have said they do not think the storm poses an imminent threat to oil-siphoning efforts at BP Plc's (BP.L: Quote)(BP.N: Quote) blown-out Macondo well in the Gulf of Mexico.

But Shell Oil Co (RDSa.L: Quote) shut subsea production at the Auger and Brutus platforms in the Gulf due to the storm threat. It has evacuated nonessential workers from production platforms and drilling rigs in U.S.-regulated areas of the Gulf of Mexico oilfields. [ID:nN27622581]

Source

[edit on 28-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well there have been many posters here saying that this could not happen.......Thanks for the info..........

Even though Alex may not hit the oil area directly, I was looking at its circular rotation of the rain bands late last night........Those rain bands are drifting pulling moisture up from areas across the spill area........

I really want to start testing the rain in a collective fashion with ATS members across Mid and Southern states......

I am putting something together......hopefully I can bring more information on that later........

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Attached is the most recent water vapor image taken for Alex.......

As you can see the circular motion is pulling moisture in the spill area.....

After looking at this image......Does anyone notice what I see to the right? Is there something not being said about another tropical storm......It definately has a circular rotation as you can see with the water vapor image..........

Gulf Water Vapor Image

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Hi Clouds, that image to the East of Florida in the Atlantic looks more organized than Alex? I haven't seen or heard anything about it, it could be brand new?

If you start the rain collecting, please U2U me, I would be happy to participate, and here along the Gulf Coast, we get daily rains, every afternoon, so it should be a significant source of data!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalreadyHi Clouds, that image to the East of Florida in the Atlantic looks more organized than Alex? I haven't seen or heard anything about it, it could be brand new?

That's the upper level low that tore 94l apart earlier this week. Nothing to worry about, especially right now when you look at that "eye" in the water vapor loop. It pulled in a lot of dry air, which again will not help with any form of development. Probably see a couple of inches of rain in North Carolina in the next 4-5 days and that's about it.

Fortunately it looks like that trof cutting through Mexico is not going to steer Alex much further north than the NHC track, which will be good for the oil spill area. There will be rain (about to start here now, as a matter of fact) and some wave action from the SE, but the forecast is only showing for 2-3ft waves. Got lucky this time.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'm going to stick my neck out and present my personal forecast of Alex in regard to what I have read and seen regarding the oil and sheen progress.

The dark area in the North-Eastern part of the Gulf is, what I believe, to be the oil locations based on reports and early June NASA imagery.

I am not a Meteorologist, not a scientist, not really anyone even close to those fields. Feel free to discount what I have in the image.

I created it to help me come to terms with the hurricane in regard to the disaster. I thought it might help others worried about the storm raining oil and other chemicals.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Alex is setting up to do exactly what I fear. There is to much focus on the landfall of the strom. The eye and where it lands does not matter concerning bringing toxic rain inland...........

I have posted a link that you can look at the projected path coupled by the clouds and rain.......

As you can see Alex is drawing its energy from moisture that has formed over the toxic spill area.

As Alex moves closer inland those rainbands some 200+ miles away will carry (potentially) the toxic cocktail inland..........

The projected path of the storm will take it right over Tx, through Okla, through MO and then NE.............wlith those rain bands lingering in a swirl formation dumping rain 200+ miles away from the eye.......

The only way ( and I mean ONLY) to know the TRUTH is to do our own testing of the rain that falls from this strom..........

I am attempting to put together a project over the next couple days so those members here and else where can test the rain as it moves across inland.......

More to follow on this............

www.stormpulse.com...

You have to click on the different options in the right hand corner....

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join