It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea Floor Exploding! Where's the BOP?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
Don't you think a title like "Sea Floor Exploding" would perhaps be corroborated just a little bit first, OPer?

Journalistic integrity is the opposite of reactionary sensationalism.

Don't try to be the FIRST with the news. Try to be the first to get it RIGHT. Or at least comes close.

It's a shame I have to wade through the self-serving, hysterical, completely false claims at ATS to find the gloriously informative nuggits of useful information.

I mean, i get that its a conspiracy website, but can we respect each others intelligence a bit more and not try to be the first to post the wackiest, unconfirmed and most-likely-not-true ALL CAPS !!! EXCLAMATION POINTS!! headlines meant to hype people.

That's the Fox news model, people.

Think. Check, Double check, then post.

WOW! Great flame! But, a little clarification is needed to direct that flame at the proper source.

I'm the OP, and the weird thing is that my headline was changed by the mods, or someone else, after I posted it!

I wrote the headline as SEA FLOOR EXPLODING? Where is the BOP?

Both statements where questions. Someone then edited my headline, more than once, to what it is now, "Sea Floor Exploding! Where is the BOP?"

There is a major difference between the two headlines. I did not start this thread to try and hype anything. I started this thread because this is what I was witnessing on the ROV cam at the time:

My original headline "SEA FLOOR EXPLODING? Where is the BOP?" was writting to grab attention and get other ATSers to help me understand what was going on, period.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gold_Bug

I can verify the OP's story. The thread title was indeed "Sea Floor Exploding?...."

I for one have found this thread very useful. I've only been mildly aware of the developments in the GOM (don't watch TV news... have been busy with other stuff... don't really have a fast enough internet connection for constant streaming video) but am now up to speed thanks to the contributions here.

Thanks OP!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Up periscope

I am constantly going to this thread and not out of fear but to read the latest posts from the dedicated posters.
Im happy this thread was created, it's informational and sometimes amusing.

Thank you OP for keeping us informed

Down periscope

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Ok, can anyone now say that the blow out protector is melting?

I mean, I saw this days ago and people were saying it is just painted yellow or orange. But this is glowing hot metal! Look at it. You can't tell me this thing is not melting!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It looks really strange to me.
Im not sure what Im looking at there.

What is that blob thats in front of it?

[edit on 23-6-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg
Ok, can anyone now say that the blow out protector is melting?

I mean, I saw this days ago and people were saying it is just painted yellow or orange. But this is glowing hot metal! Look at it.You can't tell me this thing is not melting!

Yes I can. Ready? It is not melting.

Have a look at this video see? Its just a different camera with different colour contrast.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Do you guys know why the image of the leak is so different on skandi and enterprise ROV-2?

Btw, I watch the live feeds at this adres;

sanaracreations.fi...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by who-me?

So it's just the colour contrast....But I don't see any bubles or gas on that vid..

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
On the BOA deep sea Rov 2, I see a looping or very bad quality video, and it says something like Flying Lead Deployment.

I still wonder what they are planning to deploy.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ravinski

I know what you mean, in the ROV2 Skandi feed it has always looked brown as opposed to black I remember this from the very beginning. I think it is a combination of contrast, added lighting and the camera is looking from further up the rising column. Towards the bottom of the screen you can see its darker.

Here's the video's again to clarify what were talking about.

Enterprise ROV2 (Darker lower down view?)
Skandi ROV2 (Lighter brown different contrast view?)

Overall it doesn't matter which camera you watch its sure does seem to be spewing more than before.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Saw to less hollywood flicks? "Sea Floor Exploding!" - Yeah! LOL

Remember: EXPLOSION -> en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
They sure seem to be mighty busy this am. I have a question for those a bit more smartly then I.... When they scan along the ocean floor, shouldnt we be seeing big tar balls and sad to say but more dead marine life? The seafloor looks so clean considering... Any ideas?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join