It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excessive Fear of Grays

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sink the Bismarck!

Just checked that Uncanny Valley hypothesis out, like that Japanese robotics professor who has created a artificial copy of himself pretty creepy! Although I still feel the grays still trump them on the terror front!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Patriot
Grays, huh?

Interesting subject. One just perfect for this board.

Oh, they exists. Yep. Sure do.

And they ain't fun to be around. It's because of the sheer evil they exude, the utmost indifference they display toward you. The power they wield to render you entirely immobile.

I've had a few experiences in my past with these dudes. And I've come to a few conclusions:

Whatever they are, they are a creature of God, and they are in a fallen angelic nature. They are from the lower spiritual realm, which is just another dimension in our universe. They can travel to and fro by opening portals, which are what I think UFOs are--just portals opening in our physical existence.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by The Patriot]

A sincere and truthful post.

When I saw your pic with the rifle, I thought your post was going to be more along the lines of, well, something else!

Kudos!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I have this fear as well. Just the sight of that book communion as a kid would scare the crap out of me. Don't know what is it, just feel panicky when i see pics of them.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
reply to post by Sink the Bismarck!

Just checked that Uncanny Valley hypothesis out, like that Japanese robotics professor who has created a artificial copy of himself pretty creepy! Although I still feel the grays still trump them on the terror front!

Yeah, I have more of a problem with pictures of Greys than with humanoid robots.

Maybe I've been abducted and don't remember it.

[edit on 20/6/10 by Sink the Bismarck!]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I think the feeling of fear come from one idea :

but since you cant change the greys behavior,you can change your idea of being hurt and you havent faced that situation yet so how could tou tell its gonna happen

anxiety come from the same idea that gives you fear but ENHANCED with the idea that

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I remember back in the day burning my copies of Communion and Transformation on the grill outside my apartment. I wanted those books out of my life.

I've still got Breakthrough for some reason. Maybe it's because when that book came out I was coming to grips with the whole thing.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
People assume aliens are either "benevolent" or "evil": black and white with no in-between.

I think of it kind of like the way dolphins, say, might perceive humans. Some of them are kind and will swim with you and feed you and drag you off the beaches if you are beached, etc. Others will kill you. Overall the impact of humans on the sea is decidedly negative. I think any more advanced alien race would probably intersect with humanity in a similar way: some encounters would be uplifting and enlightening, some would be terrifyingly negative, and the overal impact could be bad.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Wow great responses! I made this thread before I went to sleep and was surprised to see it so active!

I appreciate all of the responses here!

I've thought about hypnosis as a way to alleviate my fear reactions, and I will most likely pursue it.

To add to the "conspiracy" of my situation, which is something I only toy with because if I truly start to connect the dots in a serious way I might just feed my anxieties.

I currently live and grew up across the Puget Sound from one of the "original" ( use that term very loosely) sightings of UFO's before the Roswell incident.

Maury Island UFO

Granted it was a long time before I was even born, but that sort of dramatic activity is rare in UFO sightings.

Again, just something I toy around with.

Thanks again for all the great responses and I'm comforted (for lack of a better word) that other people experience the same fear/anxieties.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by draevin]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
reply to post by JourPolaire

I know exactly what you mean I find them highly interesting at the same time as terrifying. I used to watch all those creepy paranormal programs, like strange but true. I used to watch the X-files every week too, and was always secretly relieved when there weren't any grays involved.
One episode made them less terrifying which was the one where there is an alien baseball player, that helped immensely. I suppose it's maybe like a morbid fascination, like everyone enjoys being scared from time to time.

Strange but true episodes were damn scary watching it as a child!

I sometimes felt like an alien would watch me through the window at night after that haha.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JourPolaire

It sounds like you are posting a page out of my life. Seriously, even the part about the bunk bed (don't have a brother, that's the only difference). Topics about ETs are the only ones I can't read on ATS. Just the thought freaks me out... if I think too long about it, my heart starts to race and I feel like I'm being watched. The only reason I'm able to post this right now is because I have music playing right now. It really does help.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
For anyone still interested in the topic I have proposed a possible explanation for this phenomena;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I would say I have a slight fear but mostly a fascination with them. I remember watching Unsolved Mysteries when I was younger and being more intrigued by them than scared. I only started to get creeped out by them later in life the more I read about them.
When I read about them late at night I get a little weird uneasy feeling but I just dismiss it. I don't think I am completely fearful of them, just a little but I am more fascinated by them than anything. I had some strange things happen to me as a kid and I have no idea what those things were, more than likely sleep paralysis and nightmares.

There is one episode of the X-Files that really freaked me out. It was one where these grey beings go up to a car with two teenagers in it, the title of the episode had "Jung" in it I believe. That scene where the grey puts his hand in the window, OMG I jumped. I had a friend draw that scene amazing accurate and stick it infront of my face and then wake me up. I woke up saw that and jumped so high I fell off the back of the couch with my heart going a mile a minute. It was cruel but it was funny after the fact.

To be honest, I would rather deal with a gray than a spider, now those I have a huge fear of. I will stop in my tracks and freeze when I see one. I really don't know why either.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I can't relate to this at all. I LOVE to read about greys, UFOs, and the paranormal. I turn off all the lights, turn off my fan, open up my window, and just read until I get tired. I watched The Fourth Kind by myself with the lights out and no other sound but the movie. I even went to bed imagining what it would be like if there were aliens waiting outside my door. I always picture that part in the movie when you see the blurs coming into the gals bedroom and messing with her (I think that's what happened). When I lived with my parents I had an upstairs bedroom and I would always go to the kitchen downstairs hoping there would be something waiting for me there. The window above the sink had some blinds and there was always a little bit of the window exposed. I always looked out that part of the window hoping there was something watching me. I would go to bed at night and hang my hand off the bed wanting for something to grab me and drag me off. Some nights I would get the ladder out of the garage and climb onto the garage roof with my MP3 player and just stare off into space wishing something would come down and take me. My window faced the woods and I would leave my window open at night hoping to be awakened by sounds or lights in the woods. When I was really bored I would go walking alone in the woods to the back of the property and just absorb all the shadows and sounds. Doing all of this made me have some awesome dreams. Sadly, I've had no experiences with greys or anything of that nature. I guess I do all of this because I want to have an encounter so desperately. Does this make me sound crazy? Probably...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join