It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excessive Fear of Grays

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So the title says it all.

Simply thinking about them sets me into a state of anxiety, typing this out at the moment is giving me a fear reaction that I can not understand.

I am not normally frightened by things I don't understand. I am often drawn to them in order to learn more about it.

The Grays, however have frightened me to the very core for as long as I can remember.

Even some of the images that people use on ATS for avatars will turn me away from a thread.

I am a fan of horror films, sci-fi, and all sorts of other things that could be considered "frightening" by some people.

When The Fourth Kind came out last year I refused to see it with friends because the very idea of people mistaking Grays for owls was too frightening (also the apartment I lived in at the time was often visited by a very beautiful owl).

I am not worried that they are coming to get me, or anything like that.

I'm just wondering where this irrational fear could have manifested itself from.

Does anyone else have an irrational fear like that? Related to Grays, or otherwise?

Does anyone have a way to reduce or conquer a fear based on something that may or may not be real?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I think the fear comes from genetic memory. I beleive it is genetic memory that manifests the fears that we all have.

But as far as I'm concerned you must have had some sort of event trigger that genetic memory. This does not mean that you were or currently are being visited by Greys or any aliens for that matter. The trigger could have been as simple as tasting a food or talking to a friend you haven't talked to recently.

There's nothing to be afraid of. And even if there were something to be afraid of, it wouldn't be some grey humanoid creature.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Let the fear in, feel it, then release it. Without concentrated focus, it will disappear. Something triggered your fear, but you don't have to give it attention...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by draevin

I think you have every right to be afraid of the Grays. My biggest fear was always right after going to bed and drifting asleep, a Gray alien would reach its hand up and grab my leg and shake it.

Or I often look out the window at night wondering if there is a gray alien staring at me through the glass just studying me . When I look out the window at night I look twice just to make sure its not there.

Whether they exist or not, they exist in many peoples imaginations , and sometimes we get neurotic, and our imagination makes it real.

Carefull and don't let your leg hang off the bed or the Gray might grab it !

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If it makes you feel better, greys do not exist, and if they do they are not interested in you. If they are real and they intened to kill you, atleast it is a cool way to die.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'm so glad I've found someone else with this problem. Since a kid these things have scared the crap out of me, like just the thought of them freaks me out. I really can't put my finger on why this is. I obviously used to watch all the great science fiction films from an early age, but none of them involved grays as such. All I can think of is some people are afraid of spiders, and a few aliens of the gray type.
It's just our cross to bear.

Luckily for us we will most likely never come across any, but then this prevents us from truly facing it. I think it's very strange to be terrified of something no one can be sure exists.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by draevin

You're definitely not alone - a lot of people out there have fears like yours.

I'd really recommend talking with a licensed therapist of some sort, maybe someone into hypnosis. Sharing online is a great first step but any fear/phobia deserves someone who's trained. If you happen to be in the San Francisco Bay Area U2U me abouts support meetings in the area.

As far as the cause: who knows. It could be a real event of some sort.... (breath for a moment, relax)... or it might be some connection to a movie or other event. The fear is real though, no matter the cause of it.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
yea I can definitely relate with a fear of greys. I would say as a kid they were my worst fear of all.. especially after watching those nighttime UFO and ET programs on TV.

The thing is.. according to the theory, there are good greys, and there are greys which don't necessarily care about you, and greys which deliberately want to do evil things to you. A majority of the evil ones are actually bio-robots working for the real culprit, which are usually the evil reptilians or the evil faction of Annunaki including Lord Marduk. When I say evil, meaning, that they care not for humanity and seek to degrade them, ie, humanity is obviously not in their best interests. Thankfully, the mantis greys are actually kind of benevolent towards humans or at least, they don't want to mess with us.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by The Quiet Storm]

[edit on 20-6-2010 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Grays, huh?

Interesting subject. One just perfect for this board.

Oh, they exists. Yep. Sure do.

And they ain't fun to be around. It's because of the sheer evil they exude, the utmost indifference they display toward you. The power they wield to render you entirely immobile.

I've had a few experiences in my past with these dudes. And I've come to a few conclusions:

Whatever they are, they are a creature of God, and they are in a fallen angelic nature. They are from the lower spiritual realm, which is just another dimension in our universe. They can travel to and fro by opening portals, which are what I think UFOs are--just portals opening in our physical existence.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by The Patriot]

[edit on 20-6-2010 by The Patriot]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
As a previous poster said, you can conquer most fears by using various mental techniques. One of my favorites is a mantra called the Litany of Fear from the novel Dune. It may sound cheesy at first but is incredibly effective, in my opinion. That goes like this -

I must not fear, fear is the mind killer.
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will allow it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I too have an irrational fear of grays. I call it irrational because it is just that, a fear not based on fact. I have never been abducted and i don't really know if they exist but i am open to the possibility. To me it has a lot to do with the programming i watched when i was very young, Sightings, X-Files, etc. So i associate grays with the bad images and stories i saw on TV. Maybe there is more to it in my case but i doubt it, i clump it together with my other irrational fears of ghosts and roller coasters.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Wonder a little time around ATS, those creepy avatars did the job for me and I no longer have that stupid and irrational fear of grays. Really, at first I just closed the threads and started to panic, but now, bleh, idk. My friends always try to scare me with masks and things like that because they know I really fear them. Well, used to fear.
Time to update my Bio hahahaha.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I used to be terrified of greys, the same symptoms.

After a while I became less afraid, I have to say that buying a gun made me feel alot more protected from them.

My wife claims she have seen a tall grey in our bedroom, while it facinates me it doesn't scare me.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
You can add me to the list of those with an excessive fear of Grays. No idea where my fear came from... but, ever since I was a little kid (as far back as my memories start) I have had a consuming, and seemingly irrational, fear of them.

I remember when I was around 8, I had a bunk bed... I would sleep on the bottom bunk and I would drape sheets all around the frame of the top bunk so I was completely enclosed in the bottom bunk. Sometimes I would even take one of my brother's baseball bats and keep it under my pillow... I was THAT afraid of them.

I used to have horrible, horrible nightmares of them... sometimes I remember them screaming at me... they sounded like a cat's growl (when they scuffle with other cats). I remember waking up many times and feeling this giant vibrating pulse, like gravity was pushing me down into my bed, and it sounded like a jet engine was right beside me... I couldn't move at all and I would try and scream for my mom, but I couldn't talk. One of my friends said that sounded like I was waking up during astral projection? I'm still on the fence about astral projection (I believe it and I don't), but, when I was a kid, I associated those experiences with aliens.

For the record, I don't believe that I have been abducted... at least I don't believe I've ever had any physical interactions with them. Everything I've experienced relating to them has been in the dream state... but, even still, those dreams, nightmares, have scarred me for life. I'm 25 years old now, but I am still as terrified of them as when I was a kid. I have a hard time looking at even children's drawings of them... if I catch a glimpse of the picture, my stomach sinks into my feet. To this day, I still have nightmares of them... just not as often as when I was a kid.

It's funny though... as afraid of them as I am, anytime a show comes on tv about them, a movie about them is released, internet articles, etc., I have to watch/read it... I can't stay away from them. I know by doing so I will have a few sleepless nights afterwards, but my fear is subdued by my curiosity for a few minutes and I'm drawn to watch/read. Does anyone else who is terrified of the grays do that as well?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Fascinating subject. Fear of 'greys' is a psyop, a psychological operation to programme your mind.

It has all the perfect ingredients. A power that can find you wherever you are, render you totally incapacitated and do whatever it wishes to you. How can that not be frightening? It can do this at any time, and particularly likes to when you feel most vulnerable (at night - in bed). A power that even the military can't catch. Cattle mutilations, levels of gore and apparent indifference to enhance the visceral fear. Tall tales, conspiracies, purported leaked documents providing evidence of this threat to the open, all too willing to believe mind. Movies, TV shows made by man that only seem to further deepen the fear.

It is a highly successful psyop indeed.

They are real, of course. There wouldn't be this much fuss over something that wasn't. I have first hand experience of them. I know they are not what they are portrayed to be. That is the real conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JourPolaire

I know exactly what you mean I find them highly interesting at the same time as terrifying. I used to watch all those creepy paranormal programs, like strange but true. I used to watch the X-files every week too, and was always secretly relieved when there weren't any grays involved.
One episode made them less terrifying which was the one where there is an alien baseball player, that helped immensely. I suppose it's maybe like a morbid fascination, like everyone enjoys being scared from time to time.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Phew, glad I'm not the only one! I remember forcing myself to watch shows like The X Files, Unsolved Mysteries, etc., as well. Unsolved Mysteries was a pain in my behind... it seemed like every time I tuned into that show it was all aliens, aliens, aliens. I remember that X Flies episode with the alien baseball player vividly... yeah, still scared the crap out of me haha. I'm glad that that particular episode made them less frightening for you... sadly, I am still searching for a moment like that for myself.

I like your idea that it's maybe nothing more than a morbid fascination... I never really thought of it like that. Maybe we subconsciously and intentionally put ourselves in situations that frighten us in order for us to conquer the fear... conquering something makes us triumphant and gives our egos a friendly pat on the back. Sometimes I think I force myself to become immersed in this topic in the hopes of finding something, some piece of information, some story, that will make me less afraid. Like I said, I have yet to find that something, but, seeing as you found it once, you have given me some new hope.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I've always been terrified of pictures of Greys.

I chalk it up to the Uncanny Valley hypothesis about creatures appearing "nearly human" causing a sense of revulsion.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sink the Bismarck!

I'd never heard of that but I'm going to check it out now! I remember finding a picture of what dinosaurs would look like if they were still alive today, that freaked me out as a kid too, not nearly as much as grays though, coming over here stealing our women!

JourPolaire you could try a saturation technique just look at loads of images continually and watch videos about it and stuff. It will either help or you will be a nervous wreck! Probably best to watch some South Park afterwards. Not the alien abduction ones though

scienceblogs.com...

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

The main focus is to explain why humanoid robots can cause some people to feel unnerved, but the idea can also (at least I think so, though I may be wrong) be applied to other sorts of humanoids besides robots.

[edit on 20/6/10 by Sink the Bismarck!]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join