It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30.000 pound bunker buster bomb to be ready for deployment within 2 weeks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Ready to strike Iran that is.

From 2009 :
U.S. fast-tracks new bunker-buster bomb

Amid continuing tension over political upheaval in Iran, the U.S. Defense Department says it wants to accelerate production of a 30,000-pound "ultra-large bunker-buster" bomb designed to destroy deeply buried installations.

The Pentagon has requested Congress to provide the necessary funding to ensure that the Massive Ordnance Penetrator, a next-generation bomb known as MOP and built by Boeing, would be ready by July 2010, spokesman Bryan Whitman said on Aug. 3.

The non-nuclear weapon will be the biggest conventional bomb the United States has ever deployed. It carries 5,300 pounds of high explosive inside a 25.5-foot bomb casing of hardened steel and would be delivered by the radar-evading Northrop Grumman B-2 stealth bomber. The B-2 can carry two of the bombs.

Of course this weapon and it's fast deployment has vanished from the news...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
If there is one thing humans know how to do, it is blowing things up in a short amount of time.

Can you imagine what the world would be like if we focused this kind of energy toward something more productive?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I do hope that CNN & FOX get some Live coverage of Iran being taken back to the stone age?

The Gulf War was amazing to see happen right in front of your eyes!

Better get some more beers in for the occasion lol

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

I do hope your reply is sarcasm...

Anyway NO you won't see anything from CNN or Fox. It's not an invasion like it was with Iraq.

Of course there will be media crews in Afghanistan/Iraq/Israel/Saudi Arabia/gulf states that watch Iran launching missiles at those countries...

And it will be the BAD IRAN RETALIATING!

But of course you won't see the tens of thousands of iranian civilians being bombed to hell.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Uh-oh we're going to trot out an updated version of the earthquake bomb from WW2. C'mon, lets see something new like a high speed kinetic impactor.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Well, I would like to make a note here on a physics law. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Tit for tat so to speak. Let's hope it is not used shall we?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Jeese they are rushing this thing into production for some reason dontcha think?
Id say its a sure bet there wont be many(MOBs) left by the end of july.....
The Isrealis and the States are gonna take a whack at iran by then very likely....
Its alkl just a matter of the timing now...
The iranis will not be the same kind of pushover as the iraqis though...
perhaps the admin is thinking wishfully of the population of iran chucking out the mullahs after a few cities get turned to rubble, but i believe that will only make them that much more determined.
These people ruled the know world way back...they are very much more sophisticated than we give them credit for.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I am not sure why some of you are talking about Iranian cities being turned into rubble, and such.

This type of weapon would be used against the underground (built into remote mountains, so far as I know) facilities the Iranians have built to protect their "peaceful" nuclear facilities.

These bombs are not going to be used against the general population. Casualties will be limited to people working in the facilities.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

hopefully Iran has a reduncency plan
and has couple of Nukes off the black market in some good areas in the US
that way it truely will be worth it if the US decides to go trigger happy and Flatten Iran.

top topics

join