It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As oil spews in Gulf, BP chief at UK yacht race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

As oil spews in Gulf, BP chief at UK yacht race

news.yahoo.com

LONDON – In what one environmentalist described as "yet another public relations disaster" for embattled energy giant BP, CEO Tony Hayward took time off Saturday to attend a glitzy yacht race around England's Isle of Wight.

As social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook lit up with outrage, BP spokespeople rushed to defend Hayward, who has drawn withering criticism as the public face of BP's halting efforts to stop the worst oil spill in U.S. history.

Spokeswoman Sheila Williams said Hayward took a break from overseeing BP efforts to stem the undersea gusher in Gulf of Mexico
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
politipage.com

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't know what the critisism is all about. Our own "Chief" takes time to go party, play golf and attend baseball games while millions are suffering from this unfortunate disaster.

It's my belief that we lack the engineering skills to cap the leak and the people in charge know this and they've come up against a brick wall on any solutions.

Our leaders' mentality about this entire crisis is "If you ignore it, it will go away." Well, I've got news for them; it's not going away no matter how much you ignore it.

news.yahoo.com

[edit on 19/6/10 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Well he was "relieved" of his Gulf of Mexico oil spill duties. but in the long run he cant escape responsibility for what happened in the GOM.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Our leaders' mentality about this entire crisis is "If you ignore it, it will go away." Well, I've got news for them; it's not going away no matter how much you ignore it.

news.yahoo.com

[edit on 19/6/10 by Intelearthling]

I don't think the leaders are ignoring it. Quite the contrary. Motions have been set in place to have people, who KNOW what they are thinking about, working on it.

Obama still has the rest of the country to run. Oil leaks in the gulf, regardless of how long he thinks about it.

BP dude, has been taken "off" the case. Last place I'd want to be is in the United States if my company was messing it up that bad.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper
Obama still has the rest of the country to run. Oil leaks in the gulf, regardless of how long he thinks about it.

While the BP CEO is relieved of his duties, it shouldn't be a ticket to show the world how much a person doesn't care unless they're truly a heartless individual.

As for Obama's got the rest of the nation to run? That's a laugh. How can a leader run his job effectively golfing and partying?

Here's the latest critisism from Washington.

Look whose calling the kettle black!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If you would have done a search this is already a topic in the same forum.

BP Chief

[edit on 6/19/2010 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This is already being discussed at www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add your comments there.

Thread closed.

TheRedneck
ATS Forum Moderator

top topics

join