It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Testing Pain Ray in Afghanistan (Updated)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
reply to post by MemoryShock

This is a microwave on a truck. and can cook your brain solid, without you knowing whats going on.

How long before there are handheld versions of this thing. no doubt they are in testing as we speak.

Well, again, no, no it can't. The effective penetration depth is maybe 1/64". It cannot cook your brain.

And yep, you're right, maybe "handheld" is a bit too small, though. The issue is no longer so much that you need a big honkin' gyrotron with all the support pieces to make it go, but it's hard to tote around a big enough power source in a handheld.

Small vehicle mount, maybe.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN
Hi, wave fans.

I can't believe there is no talk about the possibility of
blindness, with that crap machine.

The possibility is in the fact that the wave could "cook"
the inside of the eye, and make it become "white", similar to
what happen with eggs ! !

Blue skies.

Not so much, but it was (and still is) a big issue with the ADS.

It can't "cook the inside of your eye". But it could cause heat damage to the cornea, maybe, and there is some question about damage to contact lenses that could stick them to your eye temporarily.

Normal people, when hit in the face with the beam, will react by squinting their eyes shut and turning away from it, it's a reflex, you can't stop it. A problem that was tossed around involved whether or not a contact lens would delay the blink reflex long enough for the lens to heat to the point it would stick to your cornea even after you closed your eye. But tests showed that it didn't - you get hit, you squint your eyes closed and turn your face, every time. I guess if you were a contact lens wearing quadriplegic it might be bad.

If you DON'T close your eyes, it could cause damage to your corneas.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
This thing is stupid.

What kind of person thinks up a weapon that can be used to cook you alive from a distance.

No offence to The US, but they guys in charge of your military are idiots, with too much money.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by MR BOB]

Not if they were intending to use it here.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
reply to post by Doc Velocity

IMO, that is not practical for battle. You just shoot the enemy. This looks designed for civil disobedience.

To some extent that's true, but a lot of the current crop of weapon developments focuses on MOUT, and invariably it looks like it's for "civil disobedience" because that's sort of the scenario it addresses.

If you've got non-declared combatants mixed in with populace, you've got to look for solutions that can handle them mixed without a lot of damage, so you don't do in the good guys with the bad.

It's also good for flushing people out of buildings and whatnot, which is a big plus.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

One other thing I remember is that this is hell on people with pacemakers. I believe it kills them.

Nope. Never had any effect on them in testing. No penetration at that depth. In fact, I don't think the current crop of pacers have any vulnerability to even home microwaves, with the exception of the magnetron magnet causing them to enter program mode, but that's nothing to do with the RF output.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
So what's wrong with the USA testing non-lethal weapons in Afghanistan or Iraq?

What is wrong with starting wars for the purpose of testing non lethal weapons?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Just what the world needs more damn weapons.. Thats about the only area the u.s excells in - weapons development and killing people.. Get a clue and grow up america the world has had enough of you playing cowboys & indians.. Fix your problems at home and learn to contribute something to the world aside from raging paranoia, weapons and mass murder..

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Just what the world needs more damn weapons.. Thats about the only area the u.s excells in - weapons development and killing people.. Get a clue and grow up america the world has had enough of you playing cowboys & indians.. Fix your problems at home and learn to contribute something to the world aside from raging paranoia, weapons and mass murder..

LOL!

Yup the US is the only country in the whole world with weapons.
Get A clue!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Most of the weaponry in use around the world is american made. The u.s is the worlds largest arms seller.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Either G20 or Elections I predict we shall see them go live. Not to be gloomy, it is just sensible, as they see sensible.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Now I understand why Josef Mengele conducted experiments on their enemies at Austwich. All the while I thought it was because Josef Mengle and others like him were mad conducting experiments on people. Silly me, thank you for correcting me that Josef Mengle was right in what he did.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Sheol]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

So far, it's mostly been tested on the developers, contractors and military personnel at the bases where they've been evaluating it. There's sort of a "if you're going to develop it, you're going to get in front of it" attitude.

Besides which, if you were the LAPD, you could purchase a Silent Guardian and test it on civilians, I guess, it doesn't really need a war. It would be interesting to see who, if anyone, has ponied up the bucks for one.

Badly made WMV showing a SG, won't play in FF for me

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
reply to post by SLAYER69

Most of the weaponry in use around the world is american made. The u.s is the worlds largest arms seller.

Tell that to Russia who actually has a larger Nuclear stockpile or to Red China who has the worlds largest STANDING ARMY!

Edit to add:
Why is it whenever there is a hot spot in the world you always see somebody running around with either a RPG or AK-47 or sometimes both?

[edit on 19-6-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Millions of dollars for a really big 7-11 hot-dog cooker? To those in the military to simply want to repel the Taliban without killing them, There is only one solution.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
Millions of dollars for a really big 7-11 hot-dog cooker? To those in the military to simply want to repel the Taliban without killing them, There is only one solution.

That's banned by the Geneva Convention and the LOAC, along with playing Barbra Streisand and Barry Manilow CDs, under the "Fates worse than death" clause.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

You and I both know that we didn't "start a war" in Afghanistan OR in Iraq. In that part of the world, war has been an ongoing fact of life for a thousand years or more. In that part of the world, you can choose to join the ongoing battle, or you can stay the hell out of it — but the war is always there, regardless of American or Russian or British presence.

When we aren't actively participating in combat in the Middle East, the Afghans and Iraqis and Iranians are still bombing the hell out of each other with every kind of antiquated WMD dating back to World War I. When they aren't killing each other, they're buying up weapons from the USA and Russia and China and Korea in preparation for killing each other.

So, let's drop the pretense that the USA is the big, bad instigator of every war on the planet.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

No, that title goes to China, the supplier of everything from small arms to cruise missiles to ICBMs to satellite targeting and nuclear technology, all up for sale to the highest bidder. Whatever China won't sell to mercenaries and rogue nations, North Korea is more than happy to supply.

As for Russia, they mainly sell off their obsolete and decomposing technology because they need the money so badly.

Hell, I know American gunowners who are more proud of their Chinese-made AK47s — it's still one of the hottest combat firearms on the market, preferred by mercenaries and gun collectors alike over the American M4/A3.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

So what's wrong with the USA testing non-lethal weapons in Afghanistan or Iraq?

— Doc Velocity

Very simple, we the American people do not have enemies in Iraq and neither in Afghanistan, Now, our government uses our military forces as the invaders the conquerors and the enemies in their lands, now the same government is using the population as ginea pigs.

plain and simple. . .just like another posted said. . .The Iraqi people, Afghanistan people are not the enemy of the America people.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

You and I both know that we didn't "start a war" in Afghanistan OR in Iraq.

Really? the last time I check we has been in those countries bombing the hell of them for almost 9 years.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

One other thing I remember is that this is hell on people with pacemakers. I believe it kills them.

Nope. Never had any effect on them in testing. No penetration at that depth. In fact, I don't think the current crop of pacers have any vulnerability to even home microwaves, with the exception of the magnetron magnet causing them to enter program mode, but that's nothing to do with the RF output.

Wrong. And as it turns out, EMP pulse weapons can also fry insulin pumps, certain prosthetics, and many other electronics, implanted and otherwise.

www.securityfocus.com...
eugen.leitl.org...
findarticles.com...
rawstory.com...

And again, as I said before, this is not news.

In fact, as I stated before, at one time there was talk of testing this in the U.S. on U.S. citizens. And use by law enforcement to stop cars with onboard computers.

And it this article it seems they believe it was already used in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Weird.

bignews.biz...

[edit on 19-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join