It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Testing Pain Ray in Afghanistan (Updated)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

U.S. Testing Pain Ray in Afghanistan (Updated)

www.wired.com

Ray-gun advocates better think long and hard about the Taliban’s propaganda bonanza when news leaks of the Americans zapping Afghans until they feel roasted alive.

Because, apparently, the Active Denial System is “in Afghanistan for testing.”

An Air Force military officer and a civilian employee at the Air Force Research Laboratory are just two of the people telling Danger Room co-founder Sharon Weinberger that the vehicle-mounted “block 2″ version of the pain ray is in the warzone,...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wired.com
www.wired.com

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Finally. I've always said that the only proper testing ground for our weapons prototypes is in the field, in active combat, where it counts. It's ridiculous to test secret weapons on your own personnel or on hapless pigs and goats tethered to stakes in the New Mexico desert for 15 years, in preparation for unleashing this "new" technology against your enemies.

I say, test the damned equipment on your enemies first. Where else do the results count more?

— Doc Velocity

www.wired.com

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It makes perfect sense to me.....

Test a new weapon system against a semi-isolated population of goat herding nomads half a world away.

Then, after working out the technical bugs, bring it on home for use against the originally intended population - US.

Think Predator drones and LRAD. I can't wait!

/sarcasm off

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Just though i`d post a video of the system in action.

=================================

As with any weapon , there is plenty of room to abuse this weapon.

God help you if you are too incapacitated e.g injured lying prone on the ground unable to move out of its focus.

=================================

So this is the future ehhhh

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I swear I blogged about this at the beginning of the war in Iraq.
same truck too. Is this something new? New and improved? Also, isnt this a duplicate topic?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This thing is stupid.

What kind of person thinks up a weapon that can be used to cook you alive from a distance.

No offence to The US, but they guys in charge of your military are idiots, with too much money.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
This thing is stupid.

What kind of person thinks up a weapon that can be used to cook you alive from a distance.

“The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.”
George Carlin quotes (American stand-up Comedian, Actor and Author. b.1937)

Source

I have long thought that the U.S. participates in wars for the application of new tech/results of R&D.

If this is true then it can be stated with a certain degree of validity that the War in Iraq was planned for such...for the application of new tech/behavioural comprehension as well as for economic manipulation.

Desert Storm started under George Bush Sr...and his ties to the MIC are legion...it's a freaking no brainer at this point...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
hey Doc, glad to see ur back posting again
with your spunky self hahahaha.
Hope you are recovering well

As with any weapon, it also has vulnerabilities
that allow it to be taken down. Not every
scenario is gonna have a battle line 12 feet
wide and coming from 1 direction.

Some paintball shots to the camera lens
in the dish renders the operator blind

weapon neutralized.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor
Then, after working out the technical bugs, bring it on home for use against the originally intended population - US.

Personally i think everyone in usa is under electroinc mind control already, so why would they need these things at home in your own country?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Finally. I've always said that the only proper testing ground for our weapons prototypes is in the field, in active combat, where it counts. It's ridiculous to test secret weapons on your own personnel or on hapless pigs and goats tethered to stakes in the New Mexico desert for 15 years, in preparation for unleashing this "new" technology against your enemies.

I say, test the damned equipment on your enemies first. Where else do the results count more?

— Doc Velocity

www.wired.com

The Afghan people may be your enemy, but I have no enemies in Afghanistan, or Iran for that matter. The people don't want war and neither do I. Anyway, "ray" weapons in general are just scary, who knows what they have in the works

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

At least you get some kind of warning with a flame thrower.

Bright orange thing coming towards you.
*phoooooosh!

This is a microwave on a truck. and can cook your brain solid, without you knowing whats going on.

How long before there are handheld versions of this thing. no doubt they are in testing as we speak.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hi, wave fans.

I can't believe there is no talk about the possibility of
blindness, with that crap machine.

The possibility is in the fact that the wave could "cook"
the inside of the eye, and make it become "white", similar to
what happen with eggs ! !

Blue skies.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

and can cook your brain solid, without you knowing whats going on.

somebody didn't watch the video.
It's not gonna cook ur brain. It is
designed for the 95 gigahertz frequency
which stops 1/64 of an inch into your skin.
That's the size of 3 sheets of paper. Then
it stops. Your brain and internal organs
have more protection than that.

How long before there are handheld versions of this thing. no doubt they are in testing as we speak.

probably not, the generator used to make 200
gigawatts of electricity is larger and heavier than a man
and wouldn't be feasible. A taser would be more
suitable but it has limited range.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Here is an interesting video on the topic of Potential secret weapons in Iraq back in 2003. I couldn't find the Youtube video, It may have been pulled. For what it's worth.

Star Wars in Iraq

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Just for the record, the ADS weapon is non-lethal technology and is not designed to cook your brain — although some opponents of the technology claim the ADS is lethal. So far, the technology is only able to stimulate the heat-sensing nerves in your skin at a distance, without actually burning you. It acts as a deterrent, more appropriate for chasing away people than for killing them.

So what's wrong with the USA testing non-lethal weapons in Afghanistan or Iraq?

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

IMO, that is not practical for battle. You just shoot the enemy. This looks designed for civil disobedience.

Well, one thing about it, if you're on the receiving end,
it's better than getting shot with lead.

I'm sure there are worse things they will do to us
when Martial Law starts.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Really cool technology, I cant wait for it to be used. Problem is a nice armor piercing round that costs 0.50 can render millions of dollars of equipment useless, guerrilla warfare, asymmetric tactics, compact efficient autonomous soldiers are an organized fighting forces worst enemy.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is really the kind of technology that is not intented for war purpose but for riot control. So I guess afghanistan isn't the real place to use it.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yeah...here it is...I knew I remembered this. Getting pretty tired of recycled "news." Sometimes I think I'm existing on another level. Sigh.

Pain Ray Headed to Iraq?

and then there was this..Microwave Weapons Against U.S. Citizens

One other thing I remember is that this is hell on people with pacemakers. I believe it kills them.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

This thing is stupid.

No offence to The US, but they guys in charge of your military are idiots, with too much money.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by MR BOB]

Well, it really doesn't cook you alive, so it's got that going for it.

The guys in charge of it were tasked to come up with a non-lethal weapon. It serves that purpose - and it's a great way to flush people out of hiding in MOUT. Sheriff was supposed to use a pint-sized version of it but it didn't have enough ass. These days you can do it in the small with stock AESA modules, though, so one day in the near future you might see a much more portable version.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join