It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US May Microwave Afghan Targets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I have long said that wars are created to test new technology...

There is more than just somaticsense manipulations happening...I'm sure of it...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I have long said that wars are created to test new technology...

There is more than just somaticsense manipulations happening...I'm sure of it...

Why? What are you sure is happening?

Keep in mind that at 95GHz, Maxwell's equations will tell you how fast the signal falloff is in saline - that's why it doesn't penetrate more than about a 64th of an inch.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I regret the use of the term sure...as my thoughts are based on indirect supposition...but non lethal weapons to influence behaviour are many and varied...and likely the target of this round of R&D applications...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

I regret the use of the term sure...as my thoughts are based on indirect supposition...but non lethal weapons to influence behaviour are many and varied...and likely the target of this round of R&D applications...

Well, an ADS can certainly influence your behavior by making you run off, like it or not.

I'm not sure how you get from a 95GHz output from a gyrotron to "electronic mind control" or whatever you're thinking. It certainly doesn't seem to be a valid first step in some mind control approach. Unless, of course, you're considering someone doing the safety dance in circles screaming "cut it off cut it off" as evidence of mind control.

I don't believe in "mind control" in the form of some gadget you point at someone and they start doing the Imhotep two-step chanting 'yes mastah what is your bidding'.

You say they're many and varied - which ones are they? And which are real and which come from Prison Planet or Ken Adachi's website? Mind control by pushbutton is a fear at least as old as James Tilly Matthews, and if you read his "airloom gang" writings, you'll see that not much new has come in since then - it reads like something from EducateYourself with the technology names changed a bit. "Pneumatic chemistry" -> HAARP and the like.

About the only thing I've ever seen that even came close was that electro-narcosis project that took a hard left turn into the alfalfa, and it wasn't mind control.

(why do the fun conversations start just as I'm about to head out? It's 'customer site week' in 30 minutes)

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Think Mind Influencing...would a yogi run off?

Depends on the effect perhaps...but I certainly don't think that directed energy is intended specifically for subtle influencing.

But I wouldn't be surprised if some subtle influences were being tested.

Too much money involved for it to be a simple ray gun...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
(why do the fun conversations start just as I'm about to head out? It's 'customer site week' in 30 minutes)

Email me your schedule...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Think Mind Influencing...would a yogi run off?

Only if there was a pik-a-nik basket involved.

Too much money involved for it to be a simple ray gun...

It's neither cheap nor simple to make 95GHz with a big power output.

The gubmint pays out the arse for nearly anything, this isn't any worse than any other new weapon system. Plus it's got a lot of really usable basic research tied up with it that the military wants to do anyway, so they are happy to fund it.

Mainly, is there a cheaper way to make a really high powered CW microwave output, and those researches are also often valid for FELs and CARMs which are similar to the gyrotron in several ways. Raytheon also does neat things the gubmint likes in the way of FELs and gadgets like vigilant eagle and AESA, and this tech is going to be important in the next decade. Thus the bucks funneled into ADS.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Email me your schedule...

This go-round I'm in the salt mines until Wednesday evening. Which sucks on oh so many levels.

It might be different if I liked where I was going, it's not even a fun desert-y place, and this project's getting both old and boring.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Not cheap...but it is still a literal application. Cause and effect. There are patents, from 1934, that describe remote influencing of mental behaviour...

Just sayin...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I will have totally lost faith in our military if it does not possess a death ray like the one speculated. I want to be able to melt our enemies into a puddle of goo, as much as the thought revolts me. We did not get the flying cars we were promised and I understand why. But denying us the death ray is unthinkable. The technology exists and of course it will be abused.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
When I proposed that the active denial system could be turned up to melt our enemies into a pile of goo, people thought me insane. Now you see it is true. Many conspiracy theories become fact. Nuts like me bring them to light.

What makes you think "we now see it is true"? Especially when it isn't.

Even the Block 2 design only has so much power, and it's subject to inverse square law like any other transmitter - it's not magic.

At point blank range turned all the way up and with a four second burst, yes, a Block 2 can cause second degree skin burns. No goo melting. That's not how it's supposed to be used - it's crap software design that resets the thing to full-blast when you're not paying attention.

You know much more about microwave people cooking than I do. I still maintain the power can be increased to cook people at a distance. I am wondering if this sore on my back is the result of some experiments going on with this technology. As mentioned above, just lightly zapping a society all day will cause many behavioral changes. Microwaves will be beamed into the bedroom windows of all who challenge the OS.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
www.freedomfchs.com...
Interesting document along these lines.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Not cheap...but it is still a literal application. Cause and effect. There are patents, from 1934, that describe remote influencing of mental behaviour...

Just sayin...

I've seen a patent that says the guy can make power by having a more conductive wire between two less conductive pieces of wire. Not by Seebeck effect, just because it has more charge carriers per unit volume. They've got a lot of bafflegab and hand waving wrapped around it, but it's still bs.

Over at PESwiki, they think it's true. It's not, and provably not, but they're true believers.

Which patent? It'll be entertaining to read, I imagine.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdudeI still maintain the power can be increased to cook people at a distance. I am wondering if this sore on my back is the result of some experiments going on with this technology.

If they could have gotten more power out of it, they would have. However, there are a number of issues to be contended with. One, you've got the unavoidable inverse-square law. Two, you're powering this thing with something you can haul around on a Humvee. That's all the power you've got to work with. Three, the bigger the gyrotron, the nastier it is to work with in terms of cryo issues and the like.

And in the end, it's still going to be 95GHz - gyrotrons are notoriously frequency non-agile - and you're still going to have Maxwell to deal with. It won't penetrate deeply.

As mentioned above, just lightly zapping a society all day will cause many behavioral changes. Microwaves will be beamed into the bedroom windows of all who challenge the OS.

I actually don't believe this part either. I have noted in this post that you feel that the government is out to get you, personally, and I invite you to leave the mind control part of it to the side and ask yourself why you feel they'd bother. Maybe it's just a zit on your back instead of the nefarious back-sore inducing beam fired from a satellite.

Seriously, all the folks worried about teams of CIA agents stalking them with death rays - if They® were really after you, it's a lot cheaper and easier just to shoot you. A team of field agents and support personnel are mondo expensive. You aren't worth paying attention to, much less stalking around with a death ray and $10,000 an hour worth of crew.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Sorry for the recycling of a response...from here.

Hhhmmm...not sure why I thought it was a patent...at any rate, there were papers written on the topic even as early as 1934. I am sure there are earlier examples but finding information on this topic is a difficult endeavour...

“Electrical Excitation of the Nervous System—Introducing a New System of Remote Control.” E.L. Chaffee and R.U. Light. Science, 1934, 79.

“Epileptiform Convulsions from ‘Remote’ Excitation.” F.A. Fender. Archives of Neurology and Psychiatry, 1937, 38.

“On Hearing by Electrical Stimulation.” S. Stevens. Journal of Acoust. Soc. Am., 1937, 8.

“Stimulation of the Brain by Means of Radiant Energy.” J.A. Gengerelli. American Psychologist, 1948, 3.

“A Technique for Chronic Remote Nerve Stimulation.” M.M. Lafferty and J.F. Farrell. Science, 1949, 110.

Source

There is a lot of sourcing there that is not readily available and I know that there is a member here who has posted a list of actual patents that pertain to this topic...I'll see if I can find it and edit it in...

Here is the list of patents I promised to edit into this post here.

[edit on Wed, 07 Jul 2010 22:32:04 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I figured it was probably Chaffee and Light. I'll go read those tomorrow. Right now, there's a beer with my name on it awaiting, and it's certified microwave free!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I assume you aren't calling any random sort of electrical stimulus "mind control"? A quick perusal of the patent links doesn't show a lot of mind controllish sort of things, it's a bit like one of those cut and paste storms I see from time to time.

I get the impression that the OP of that post did a search for just about anything that combined the terms "electrical" and "neural".

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdudeI still maintain the power can be increased to cook people at a distance. I am wondering if this sore on my back is the result of some experiments going on with this technology.

If they could have gotten more power out of it, they would have. However, there are a number of issues to be contended with. One, you've got the unavoidable inverse-square law. Two, you're powering this thing with something you can haul around on a Humvee. That's all the power you've got to work with. Three, the bigger the gyrotron, the nastier it is to work with in terms of cryo issues and the like.

And in the end, it's still going to be 95GHz - gyrotrons are notoriously frequency non-agile - and you're still going to have Maxwell to deal with. It won't penetrate deeply.

As mentioned above, just lightly zapping a society all day will cause many behavioral changes. Microwaves will be beamed into the bedroom windows of all who challenge the OS.

I actually don't believe this part either. I have noted in this post that you feel that the government is out to get you, personally, and I invite you to leave the mind control part of it to the side and ask yourself why you feel they'd bother. Maybe it's just a zit on your back instead of the nefarious back-sore inducing beam fired from a satellite.

Seriously, all the folks worried about teams of CIA agents stalking them with death rays - if They® were really after you, it's a lot cheaper and easier just to shoot you. A team of field agents and support personnel are mondo expensive. You aren't worth paying attention to, much less stalking around with a death ray and $10,000 an hour worth of crew.

I am not putting on my tinfoil hat so, no I am not convinced I am being death rayed. I do enjoy entertaining the thought and that is what this website is all about. I'm 99.9% sure that I have a zit on my back. What if that .1% is the a conspiracy with secret agents after me? I would have to use my superpowers but I am 99.99% sure I don't have any.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I would have to use my superpowers but I am 99.99% sure I don't have any.

I've only got one: I can turn wine into water. It's not very useful, though.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Bedlam]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by star child

When it comes to weapons of war the US leads the world. They will test them on the Afgans and use them on us one day.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join