It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KILL-SWITCH must be given to OBAMA

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

This kill switch may one day save your life. What are you going to think then? "The switch saved me but I won't be able to go post some conspiracy about for a few more days". Give me a break!
Shutting off access to the internet will not save lives. Hey...here's a though...why don't they give the "switch" a test run...see how it goes down...what people think, what happens...just the general reaction really...
...only then should a final decision be made to give an insane amount of power to someone who will probably just use it in a host of scenarios where there was no real threat.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Aren't you the guy who suggested that an internet kill switch could have prevented the oil disaster? Pfffft!

Where did I make that CLAIM? You aren't one of those people that twists words around so that you can hear what you want instead of what was said, are you? I guess I don't even need to bother reading the rest of what you said in that case, thus .. you just wasted some time.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Aren't you the guy who suggested that an internet kill switch could have prevented the oil disaster? Pfffft!

Where did I make that CLAIM? You aren't one of those people that twists words around so that you can hear what you want instead of what was said, are you? I guess I don't even need to bother reading the rest of what you said in that case, thus .. you just wasted some time.

Right, pretend that I didn't take you to task for attempting to twist rights into being only that which requires no supply, and instead disingenuously pretend your pathetic hypothetical a few pages back wasn't a claim. That's the ticket!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Right here, actually.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let me ask you this then. Suppose an internet kill switch could have prevented the catastrophe that's unfolding in the gulf, would you have turned off the internet for, lets say, a whole week?

To even suppose such a thing there would need to be a minute possibility turning the internet off would have done a damn thing for it in the first place.

Next you'll say "Well it was only an example!" but it's not an example. That's like suggesting spaghetti and meatballs is an example of a great movie. And if you can't think of one situation in which the need to turn off the internet would save lives and help people more than hurt people, well maybe your whole point is #ing retarded.

Fact is, you're little "example" used here is absolutely stupid. And now you're a liar for claiming you never said it in the first place.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by SpectreDC]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
i dont usualy burst into flames and start cursing,but this is too much,chaos sayd it perfectly.
and if you dont agree,fine you think your so powerfull?
freedom hackers from all over the globe can screw your government/commercial site in a couple of minutes. you CANT stop the people.
the people support the nation,if they go on a strike,your ended.
stop the internet see what happens.
terrorist acts everywhere!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I suppose you people that feel that the internet shouldn't be shut down to prevent a terrorist from using that to attack us during a state of emergency feel that we shouldn't have also grounded all those planes after 9-11 until we discovered what was going on and what other planes could have been used for the same? HUM? This internet kill switch is no different than grounding those planes until we got a handle on what was going on and implemented some kind of procedure to minimize that from happening again.

I suppose if GWB hadn't ground all air traffic after 9-11 for a while and planes kept flying into building, you would have been okay with that, just so long as the planes kept flying? "WHAAAAA, I'm gonna cry, my FREEDOM and RIGHT to travel by air has been taken away from me for a week ... WHAAAAA .... this is intolerable ... WHAAAAAA!" Heck, most of us are just wasting our time on the internet in the first place, ha. Tell me how your heart would stop beating if the internet became unavailable for a day or week or even a month?

I'm starting to think some of you are arguing about this simply for the sake of an argument. Heck, the internet could go down for an entire year and I know I could survive THAT. You couldn't? Tell me, how is that others seem to be able to manage and live without any internet access what-so-ever, hum? I've heard that the internet can be like crack for some. Are you addicted to the internet? I am, but I can also stop cold turkey. Maybe some internet downtime might be good for some of ya, ha, it might help to show you that the world will not stop spinning if it does.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
its not like that,i confess,im addicted to the internet at times.some off time will do me lots of good,BUT
its HOW ITS STARTS
first stop the internet for a little
then again
and then forever,and no one knows what happens.
this cant happen
big companyes like google rely on us to make datamining and money

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Actually, a trial run of the off switch would be quite entertaining - just think, almost every business in the USA unable to operate ..... No banking. No stock market trading. And no way of knowing whether the new Springsteen DVD you ordered from Amazon has been dispatched yet or not!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Multitudes of people survive tyrannies and dictatorships all the time. There you go again twisting words to make it seem that a right is only that which requires survival. Talk about the pot calling the Kettle black. You are so magnanimous in your protection of all of us. I'll bet you'll make a damn fine tyrant someday.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

STOP THIS TALK ABOUT SOMETHING THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!

I still stand by original post that stop's short of calling the OP and his supporters F$%^&*( M0rons.

We can sit here an argue it all day.. it won't change the fact it is impossible to put a kill switch on the internet. TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE

The fact you suggest it shows a total lack of understanding of what the internet is and how it works.

Definition of Internet:
The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet Protocol Suite (TCP/IP) to serve billions of users worldwide. It is a network of networks that consists of millions of private, public, academic, business, and government networks of local to global scope that are linked by a broad array of electronic and optical networking technologies.

Get it yet? IT IS NETWORKS WITHIN NETWORKS ALL WITH THEIR OWN SECURITY that are linked together. And I can guarantee you there are computer nuts out there that have more security on their system's and networks than the USA themselves.. The easiest way to switch off the internet is physically - and we all know that aint gonna happen... stop arguing your point about how great something that is impossible would be...
AND STILL I ASK WHY SHOULD THE USA HAVE THE POWER TO SWITCH OFF THE WORLD WIDE WEB? YOU ARE NOT THE WORLD! YOU DONT OWN US! BITE ME!
the most you can do to turn off the internet is switch your pc off - which I would recommend since you continue to use it to make yourself look completely incompetant of rational thought.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I like how you nonchalantly ignore how you were proved to be a liar.

And now you are proving yourself to be an idiot by asserting your speculation as fact when it couldn't be further from the truth. A terrorist can't use the internet to attack us unless you consider Mohammad calling the US a faggot on facebook as an attack.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
you think that the us is going to stop all the worlds internet because some bomb guy wants to arrange a meeting with al qaida?
wont they just wire him and find him and beat the crap out of him?
this is complete ^#^Q
stop harrasing the people of ats,making them look like fools with your
divertive disinfo cr^&.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Great post.

When are some people on the interwebz going to realize that America does not mean America=World.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I only read the OP so am only responding to it. This type thinking really creeps me out. BIG TIME. You must have a lot of confidence in a single individual to place such a task in his hands. THis is your first, and gravest mistake. Read some history books, please.

Learn what has happened when others place such faith in a single individual. You could begin with WWII, or the Roman Empire.

I hope you've had some time to reconsider your comments, and are listening to what surely, other posters are stating.

Good luck with your intellectual development. It needs work, but you can do it. Just listen, read, learn, and THINK.

~my best

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

You can't be serious, can you? Sure, there is some wrong info here but also there is much truth here. Often it is way before MSM and sometimes it is ONLY here!
Obama already has taken enough from the American people. Why in hell would we give him a kill switch to our only source of true info? You like being led down the primrose path I take it? I want my eyes wide open, thank you very much!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz
The fact you suggest it shows a total lack of understanding of what the internet is and how it works.

LOL, I've worked in the IT field all my life. You can shut a good chunk of the internet down by merely disabling all DNS servers. And the rest of it you can shut down by fixing the routing tables in routers. Piece of cake to install an internet kill switch. And it could be implemented in a day. Already these things sometimes break, shutting down the pieces of the internet they service and support. Do you know how network routing works? The kill switch essentially already exists, and already sometimes it happens by accident when someone fat-fingers a routing change which is disseminated to downstream DNS servers and routers. Heck, hackers can already hit a kill switch, shutting down parts of the internet.

Tell me, imagine your worst nightmare scenario here ... and now tell me how you could prevent that from happening so long as the internet remains up and running while all that was happening, hum? If the government were to go rogue on us, you think you can stop that by emailing your buddies and having them meet ya down at the corner with your shotguns and rifles? LOL, good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well, at least we only have to endure these childish posts for another two months (the time it takes for the kiddies to go back to their indoctrination centers....I mean school).

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Besides turing your computer off, as mentioned above

the only true internet kill-switch is an EMP, or multiple EMP's !

...and he DOES have a key to make EMP's folks!

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Signals]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

LOL, I've worked in the IT field all my life.

No you don't. You're just lying. Again.

Because if you worked in the IT field "all your life", like I have, you would know that you couldn't use the internet to get into any vital networks. You have to go through layers and layers of networks to get into anything important. And by the time you notice anyone was in there shooting down the internet is a moot point anyways.

But please, keep lying.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

I responded to your argument on the first page. You can go back and take a look if you're interested.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join