It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Stewie
There is really nothing wrong with that question. It is not asking if you think we currently have a free market, only whether you think it is the most efficient at allocating resources.
Originally posted by Misoir
Okay so I have decided to create my on small quiz to test what your political identity is. I will be using this map
Which was created by the fine people of Politicalcompass.org.
I have designed my own questions, they are for people of all countries and is just a broad test of your beliefs. It is a different form of test so just follow the directions carefully. And I can't wait to hear your feedback!
I will ask a question, and you will have a scale to weigh your opinion. Your scale range is -10 to +10 , if you give an answer a -10 that means you Very strongly disagree with that statement, if you give an answer of +10 that means you Very strongly agree with that statement. An answer of 0 means no opinion or not important. You can choose any number between -10 to +10.
You can analyze the results yourself or ask me to analyze them for you, just post which ever you want (help or not) at the bottom of your post and I will respond ASAP.
When you are finished adding up your answers you divide them by 10. The map goes from Economic Right-Left, on the far right you have +10 and on the far left you have -10. Same goes for Social Up-Down, on the far top you have +10 and on the far bottom you have -10.
I have the answers on economic of; 5, -1, -2, 3, 5, 3, 2, 4, 1, 0 = 20 divided by 10 = 2.0
I have the answers on social of; -3, -2, -5, -8, -4, 0, 0, 1, 3, -2 = -20 divided by 10 = -2.0
That would give me a result of Economic = 2.0, Social = -2.0
1. A Free Market economy allocates resources more efficiently No
2. The lower the taxes the better off we are No
3. A less regulated economy is better than an economy with government intervention No
4. We should cut government spending, even if it means cutting social spending No
5. We should not agree to international treaties that harm economic growth to protect the environment No
6. The role of government should not include economic intervention No
7. We need to reduce or eliminate the welfare system No
8. Government should not nationalize businesses yes
9. Labor Unions slow growth and stifle innovation No
10. Tariffs harm innovation and create monopolies No
1. Gay marriage should not be permitted yes
2. Religion/morals should be taught in public schools No
3. Abortion should be strictly illegal No
4. Government should be able to spy on their citizens for security reasons No
5. You cannot be moral without being religious yes
6. We should allow capital punishment for severe crimes no
7. War, without direct threat, is perfectly acceptable No
8. Marijuana should be kept illegal No
9. Homosexuals should not be allowed to adopt or raise children
10. Government has an obligation to uphold the moral order yes
[edit on 6/18/2010 by Misoir]