It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WACKENHUT is hiring Temp ARMED guards in McIntosh AL in 2009!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

WACKENHUT is hiring Temp ARMED guards in McIntosh AL in 2009!!!!

jobs-wsi.icims.com

WACKENHUT OFFERS:
SECURITY SERVICES FIRE PROTECTION / EMS TRAINING FACILITIES OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION IRAQ FIRE PROTECTION SERVICES / EMS HOMELAND SECURITY / WMD GSA SECURITY

Wackenhut Services, Incorporated (WSI) is a world leader in providing high-end armed and unarmed security personnel, paramilitary protective forces, law enforcement officers, fire-rescue services, aviation operations and support, base operations...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
maps.google.com

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Of course, this could be no big deal... However it disturbs me that WACKENHUT posted temporary armed guard positions at some point in 2009. The only 2010 positions listed in Alabama where for firefighters and EMT's. I would have thought that the unforeseen oil spill would have caused the need for additional personnel AFTER THE FACT... not before.

Also, I had never heard of McIntosh, AL... Low and behold this is located just North of Mobile Bay. How convenient...

jobs-wsi.icims.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Wackenhut is an NGo that provides "security" at official and unofficial sites for the U.S. Government at locations all over the world. They do this on a daily basis.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Wackenhut = Whack-a-nut?

Take that, conspiracy nutters...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Witty.

Wackenhut is one of the world's largest private security firms, now a part of G4S:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

What thinks you?

Will G4S be for Obama what Halliburton was for GWB?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

Star and Flag!

People need to keep their eyes on this outfit G4S, even if only because they are just another Halliburton.

I think they are more than that!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
Wackenhut = Whack-a-nut?

And what are you doing here?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The OP stated that the hiring took place in 2009? This is 2010 now.
Wackenhut IS hiring or WAS hiring? I don't understand the title to this.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by endtimer]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by alaskan
Wackenhut = Whack-a-nut?

And what are you doing here?

Learn how to take a joke, and I'll tell you.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I work for G4S/Wackenhut in IL. This is interesting that this is news now. Not only where they hiring A Lot of new guards, but asking around for volunteers to go down to the Gulf Region, and apparently had a lot of office positions to fill. I got the call from an area supervisor asking if I could volunteer .. I though nothing more of it than when they asked for volunteers for the California wildfires... It seems it's turning out to be a lot more than that. I turned it down thinking it was nothing more than providing security for insurance companies... Sure wish I took the job. I'm gonna call and ask if I can still volunteer. I'll do some digging see if I can get any more information on whats going on in that region.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Eternity_Awaits]

top topics

join