It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who believes they can trust a "Government report?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The Government lies to us so often, it is simply expected. They have gotten so used to it that they do it even when it is not required.

Still, they have NO PROBLEM in creating a lie when needed for "official purposes." For example, who actually believes the only reason for electronic medical records is to improve patient care?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Count me in as "NOT"
Our "government" at the Federal level is a joke. It's like a bad soap opera that just happens to be non-fiction.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
One of the biggest problems is that they even lie when there is no need for it.

Look at Tonopah. EVERYONE knows an airbase is there, with at least the secret agenda of testing new, special aircraft. There are Government signs saying that the use of deadly force is authorized. There is a posted NO-FLY zone on civilian aerial maps. On and on it goes.

The logical thing would be to admit there is a base there, but that its functions are classified and will not be publicly disclosed. That step alone would take much of the stupidity about "Area 51" out of the public perception. Still, though, the Government prefers a stupid lie to even a slight revelation of truth.

This mentality permeates Governmental operations.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
NEVER trust anything the government or politicians say.. Its all rubbish and they damn sure dont have the best interest or well being of the people in mind.. Only fools and idiots believe government and politicians.. After all birds of a feather ...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth1000
The Government lies to us so often, it is simply expected. They have gotten so used to it that they do it even when it is not required.

Still, they have NO PROBLEM in creating a lie when needed for "official purposes." For example, who actually believes the only reason for electronic medical records is to improve patient care?

Electronic medical records are part of the Green Movement. It will save trees and forests. By not relying on handwritten documents, it could save medical mistakes. It will also cut out some unnecessary jobs.

Once the herd is thinned, it will make work easier as there will be less manpower anyway.

Oh, yeah, and tracking in case alzheimers patients get lost.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
We are not even allowed to audit the FED.

Seems to me that asking nicely simply does not work and we need to demand and then we can decide if anything they tell us is even slightly true.

I wonder how the drugs money from Afganistan is being spent and you can not say it's not happening because the output from drugs has gone up 400% from Afganistan and Oliver North would not want to look stupid.

Very little we are told from goverment is true and they would even lie about bin collections if someone can make money from it.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Didn't trust them way back when, don't trust them now and never will trust the government.

Yeah, make mine a big NO.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

It depends on the source - there are a lot of cases where legitimate work waas put into researching something, then the media and government say what they want to, despite truth or not. If something has been written by your average Joe I'd be more likely to believe it; the conspiracies are only so far reaching.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Electronic medical records SOUNDS great. However, the more I study what we are doing with these, the more convinced I am that a lot more is happening than saving trees. There are aspects of some of the regulations that are, in my opinion, contrary to the common good, and certainly not consistent with the long-stannding feeling of Americans that we should have some things that are actually private.

During the Cold War, there were many times that we knew the Soviets had a clear understanding of what we were doing with certain operations. The reason for the high level of classification was to keep the American public out of the loop, not the Soviets!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
if i were to put a lie in one of my books i can get prison in some countries, but govts are allowed to lie to us who pay their wages. I've govts on the same level as serious criminal fraudsters

[edit on 14-7-2010 by thegreatestone]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It depends on the government report. The ones I get are pretty accurate, but then, it's mostly technical stuff.

top topics

join