It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Codex Alimentarius Implemented???? Oil Spill Distracted US!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
reply to post by berrygurrl

So everything you know about Codex , you learned from a YouTube video? ...And an Oil Spill distracted Americans from Codex how?.... Do a little actual "Research" on codex and get back to me. All you are doing is repeating something that you heard 2nd hand.

EDIT *How does this thread have 5 stars?*

[edit on 17-6-2010 by EyesWideShut]

Your eyes ARE wide shut, my cro-magnon friend...

For starters why not do some of the research yourself:
www.codexalimentarius.net...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Royzer

Can you find the correlation between what you just said
and making growing your own vitamins/minerals illegal?

I can't.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It is oddly incongruential that anyone who has researched the CODEX would not be aware of the perils it represents for those subject to it.

While many here seem to think this is a trite joke, it is not.

I urge you to actually research the direct impact of this, who are its authors, and beneficiaries, and explain to me how this is all "OK."

Along with that suggestion I urge caution, because whomever tries to convince me that there is nothing wrong with this initiative is going to have to deal with some uncomfortable facts; and I suspect some of you don't really care about that.

You want to be told about the CODEX? You don't know about the CODEX? That is a deficiency I would humbly suggest you correct - soon.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
All I'm going to say is...

public.bay.livefilestore.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

While I admittedly do not know much about the codex, nor have claimed to. I would like to think this particular EO has been atleast partially explained, yet that explanation has went ignored while every other kooky theory has been discussed at depth.

The codex may be a real thing/system/whatever. I'm not here to debate that, just the fact that this EO is easily explained by the arguements brought forth explaining it.

I don't recall the Healthy People 2010 plan being nefarious, or controlling (even the bad things) that people use and eat. Healthy People 2020 is just a recycled version of that program. It will not stop you from getting vitamins, herbs, or chocolate. Rather you grow them yourself, or get them from a store.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Here some information.

What is CODEX,

What is CODEX? (34), in short it is an annual World Health Organization (WHO) sponsored gathering of delegates in Europe, many of them CFR Transnationals pharmaceutical corporations who are primarily focused on increasing their market share, by pushing their desired and arbitrary regulatory "standards" into a global standard and forcing it into the smaller local supplement industry, all in the name of "international regulatory excellence". The Codex Committee is also bound by the World Trade Organisation's (WTO) treaties.

The WTO is a global commercial police that ensures countries are required to purchase from transnational corporations in favour of their own locally produced goods, in the name of "lowering trade barriers".

This WHO/WTO joint effort called CODEX is in the process of wiping out local supplement companies and natural health care practices, to bring in more drug based medicines, in what is euphemistically known as "creating a level playing field", while primarily giving the public a misleading impression that someone in the World Health Organisation (WTO) is looking after its health and safety. CODEX recommendations are then adopted by regulators such as the Australian TGA or the US FDA by various direct or indirect means that end up as Acts and amendments that are passed into law by Parliaments or Congress, usually without public debate.

This is another example of globalisation and unconstitutional UN treaties.

Behind the wording of international companies that are the ones pushing the codex.

Vitamins, herbs abut to be declared illegal
(1) The "Codex" issue is NOT about stopping supplements worldwide. It is about Big Pharma TAKING OVER, and completely controlling the supplement industry.

(2) The "Codex" issue is NOT a "by itself" issue. It is simply a symptom, and a manifestation, of a much larger problem. What's happening on Planet Earth is that multinational corporations, now, are so large that they, in their daily business dealings, are much larger, and certainly more powerful than MOST of Earth's nations. Those multinational corporations have set up the World Trade Organization (WTO) as the new world government, completely under their control.

(3) The multinational corporations, through the WTO, have set up the situation where THEY are challenging both the idea of DEMOCRACY (people governing themselves) and the power of governments to control world policy.

(4) The multinational corporations, through the WTO, have set up the situation where THEY are intentionally attempting to destroy the North American economy - and that of ALL of the United States' historical allies.

(5) Big Pharma, knowing it is "going down," because of its murderous avariciousness, is attempting to move its PEOPLE into new positions. One of those places is "the supplement industry.."

(6) Big Pharma, knowing it is "going down," is funding its next attempt at world domination (yes, that's what this is about) in the United States - with its DRUG PRICING SCHEMES, and its control, through huge advertising budgets, of the US media. US citizens pay five times what everyone else pays for drugs - for no good reason. Big Pharma is doing this, I believe, to destroy American Industry's ability to compete in a world market.

Right now big pharma holds the rights to call any supplement or vitamin a drug and ban them from the markets

The codex Alimentarius is not new is a process of many years of Big pharma legislation here in the US and abroad to a final result total control of food supplies, manufacturing and development of drugs and kill the competition and the consumer rights to chose.

members.iimetro.com.au...

UN CODEX ALIMENTARIUS: “FOOD LAW” CODEX VITAMINS

www.mindsyntropy.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Nobody has posted any links yet to mainstream media sources covering this story.

most other stories I find on here, the sources are other blogs.

not to mention, I can tell someone is a total idiot whenever they say "Barry Soetoro" because of this

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

You did notice that Snopes can not and does not deny that Barack Obama was registered at that school in Indonesia under the name "Barry Soetoro", right?

Their point in the article that you linked to was to show that the fact that he was registered as an Indonesian citizen to attend that school does not affect his US citizenship.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

that doesn't mean it's his name. It looks like when his mom and that guy got married, the stepdad tried to take over and be a father figure, going as far as to lie on a form. That still doesn't matter, his name is the pettiest thing I've ever heard anyone criticize.

the articles that have cited use of that name say it's college related.

but I mean if some right wing blog said, it must be true, right

edit: realized this is getting off topic.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by piddles]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Royzer

What does anyone care if some sucker wants to buy snake oil? If it doesn't work, no problem. If it hurts the one who used it I guess that's the risk one takes, no? All life is risk. But...If it works, better look out now! Word spreads fast.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Well, I am not a birther, but according to Snopes, he was registered under that name , albeit as a child, while his mother was married to his step-dad in Indonesia. If that didn't ring true, I am pretty sure Snopes would have burned it as well.
I am just saying that when I hear someone use that name, they have done a lot more homework on our President than 90% of the population that just listens to the MSM and what is new with Lady Gaga and Madonna's latest boy-toy.

I am sorry, I guess I am going off topic too, but this relates to if you can or can't believe things just because of their source.

the Codex Alimentarius does exist, regardless of where the info on this thread came from, and it is not a good thing, IMO.

I will hardly ever believe what I read coming from infowars, but that doesn't mean that someday there may not be a story 'with legs' on that site that is very important.

Remember, the Monica Lewinski story was broken by Drudge, and all he had going for him was a website that no one believed!

[edit on 18-6-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
The entire provision is about setting up a council that will report on their ideas for better health.

And so, what if they did try to ban supplements and home gardens / small farms? Does anyone think they have the actual capacity to implement such a thing?

In conclusion, there is nothing in that provision about implementing some conspiracy codex.

1. Better health from the goberment?

2. Yes they do.
3. Where do you buy your seeds/supplies from?

4. Veiled words often fool many. Read to build context.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

probably won't continue about the name, but in response to the other stuff:

fair enough, but from my own perspective, the countless obama hate related threads are always blog sources that cite other blogs, that cite other blogs. Instead of getting all worked up, I check the source. I check political affiliation, contributor backgrounds, as well as read numerous articles on said site looking at whether information is implied or stated in the wording.

this site just tends to meet the (my) criteria of what is just right wing blog.

however, you're right, it's very hard to deny druge's rise when he was almost the same type of thing.

edit:forgot to add, I am not denying the codex exists (what it actually is still isn't as clear as it should be to me, I was going to read through a second time), but I can't find any other source covering this story beyond this.
google search link, news section

edit 2: this is the only other link they provide about the matter and it goes to another blog

[edit on 18-6-2010 by piddles]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

So everything you know about Codex , you learned from a YouTube video? ...And an Oil Spill distracted Americans from Codex how?.... Do a little actual "Research" on codex and get back to me. All you are doing is repeating something that you heard 2nd hand.

EDIT *How does this thread have 5 stars?*

[edit on 17-6-2010 by EyesWideShut]

this legislation means only companies with muliti million budgets can get aproval of products and even sea weed would be considered a drug (that requires testing) to be allowed to say its healthy or has any health benifits

this law is exactly the oposite of its tittle

this is an evil law passed when americans are vunerable and distracted

barry what are you doing and why?

this will force all products to be taken away if the have an implied medical benifit untill millions have been spent testing

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
oh so evil stuff, this codex.

you can watch this presentation about codex, its both in english and german.

www.youtube.com...

looks terrible to me. "unbelievable" it can go this far.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Who needs codex when almost EVERY product in the grocery store has MSG, Aspartame, GMO's or preservatives. Ive come to realize that codex is a failure, if anything...the goals have not been accomplished and the FDA and current industries in place slow kill people just fine.

When 1 in 3 will get diabetes, cancer or heart disease in their lifetime, you can be assured that the thinning process is working just fine.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

codex was founded in 1963, probably thats why you ask.

its really evil. how could it go so long unnoticed.

ex-nazi from ig-farben had put the idea of depopulation via food forward to the UN. but it aint something new, that the NWO consists mostly of ex-nazis + sympathisers.

maybe codex was a failure - until now. and i bet their profits vs ur opinion show it wasnt that much of a failure.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by april1]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Codex went into effect world wide for it's members on 12/31/2009. The United States is a member nation. Codex is therefore enforceable in the US, and any legislation will be or has been to comply with that requirement.

Its about "FOOD Controls" and that includes food supplements. If you search the FDA site you'll see that certain supplements are classified as hazardous to humans. Add to it the various legislative hack jobs and you've got total food controls.

Look up McCains supplement legislation, HR875 and others. Vitamin B6 is now considered a drug.

Then look at who is in the positions to cause this change, the list reads of Monsanto and big Pharma executives. Tom Vilscak to name one.

I'm surprised more people aren't more aware of this.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobertAntonWeishaupt

The Codex is another one of those ridiculous canards created specifically to keep the CT community abuzz and paranoid. IT is a distraction. Not for the masses who have never heard of it, but for the Conspiracy Theorists who are inclined to travel down rabbit holes and might one day stumble across the wrong/right one.

Think of it this way: How many marijuana growers are there in the United States? Including casual growers for personal use we'll call it 500,000. That number may be high. It may be low, but it is clearly lower than the number of people who grow their own produce and herbs.

Has the U.S. Government managed to eradicate marijuana cultivation? Nope. And pot's been illegal for a long long time. Marijuana is also easy to spot from the air and is stigmatized by long term categorization as a "DRUG" (oogie boogie!).

There is no practical way that our government could enforce the paranoid version of the Codex if it were to be passed. No one has the resources, from the feds down to local law enforcement. Besides, only the most pathological powermad of cops would actually bother with enforcing such nonsense.

What this executive order of Obama's does is dictate provisions for GOVERNMENT Programs. It adds some extra layers of bureaucracy, creates a few more panels for people sit on and would ultimately restrict government funding for a lot of organic farming and homeopathic medicine and so on. It's not as if the government has been helping or supporting these industries with either research or money anyway.

So, at best, it is the government getting bigger and using more taxpayer's money for nothing? I still see a problem.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join