It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Hayward cracks on cross examination

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
I want someone to ask him if HE pressed these people to meet a schedule, if he jumped on other asses to get this drilling project done by a certain date, to meet a particular budget. One common mistake CEOs make is pushing people to fast and too hard, scaring them into completing a project to save their job. THAT ALONE would make him TOTALLY guilty!

Hello,

I don't have the link, but I do know that BP was like 45 days behind schedule, with each day costing like 7 mil.

Ofcourse, his job title makes him executive of operations.

I believe you nailed it.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

They mentioned in the hearing that it was 500,000 a day but yeah... they were losing money with a quickness...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Yeah, time constraints usually result in shoddy work. All we need is one email or memo or status report with his signature on it pushing these people to GET THIS DONE NOW! Or maybe it was this: remember, that well blew on April 20 ... 420 day, and we know what everyone does on 420 day, even while at work. All dangerous heavy equipment should not be allowed to be operate on 420 day.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
One of my favorites...

"Your company conducted business as if a sub-sea blowout wasn't even a possibility!"

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by loveguy

They mentioned in the hearing that it was 500,000 a day but yeah... they were losing money with a quickness...
Hello,

You are right my friend.

It's Israel that receives $7 mil. a day. But that rant belongs elsewhere. Sorry to taint your thread.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that a man that has been with BP since 1982 and has a phd and first class geology degree and also held many jobs from rig geologist and other technical and commercial jobs for them to not have a clue what his company is doing. In 92 he was exploration manager and then was president of operations in venezuela then in 97 he became director of exploration for London. So he has been around the oil business long enough to know when things are not right. Also one last thing wouldn't the final say on things usually be up to him. I don't think the hearings today are trying to destroy this man they just want to get some answers that it seems up til now they were not getting from BP. I am sure we can all agree that BP has not really been straight when it comes to answering questions.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Also... He is being asked about the waste which is being collected...

And being put in our landfills

How can we be sure it's safe?

But he doesn't of ourselves know the details of that....

[edit on 17-6-2010 by HunkaHunka]

Hell. even I know the answer to that - insult to injury to the average LA citizen, but it's a job I guess:

www.2theadvocate.com...

The BFI-Colonial Landfill near Sorrento is one of three landfills in Louisiana receiving cleanup waste from the Deepwater Horizon oil leak and has taken in the most waste so far, state environmental and company officials said Wednesday.

The deep-water rig drilling a BP well exploded off the coast of Louisiana on April 20, later sank and has spewed oil across the Gulf of Mexico despite efforts to plug or divert the flow, creating the largest oil disaster in U.S. history.

The 287-acre Colonial landfill, which is off La. 70 near the Panama Canal bridge, has been permitted, designed and built as an industrial and municipal solid waste landfill and has received similar types of non-hazardous oilfield wastes in the past, those officials said.

Unfortunately just more chemical load for Cancer Ally.

[edit on 17/6/2010 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
He is now claiming that there was no altercation on the rig prior to the accident...

The congressman mentioned the whole BP Man on the ground from the WSJ Article...

[edit on 17-6-2010 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

He is no[w] claiming that there was no altercation on the rig prior to the accident...

Yeah, somebody is lying. And that LIE has to do with COST DRIVERS. I do believe we found his part in this crime. I'll bet it will come to light soon that these shortcuts were the result of trying to meet a budget and schedule, it's so damn clear now, especially with lie tossed in there. Either BP or Oceaneering is lying.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Takes one to know one! If the Democrats can lie their way into office, then this one person is doing the same - dodging questions, denying allegations, cooperatiing with the same people who allow corruption.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Did he just say to tell them kids that the accident was caused by failure mechanisms or failure prevention mechanisms? What is a failure mechanism? AND, how could he say what to tell them kids what caused all this when earlier he said he didn't know YET what caused this?

HANG this liar!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
57 days into this, and he can't identify even one thing they may have done wrong? Who is he kidding? Based on that alone, ALL BP drill should be ceased IMMEDIATELY for all our safety.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This was not a hearing but a LECTURE. by swamprat congressmen who are trying to drum up support for november and deflect anger away from them for FAILING to OVERSEE the damn oil rigs.

I hate to say it but i actually feel sorry for Mr hayword.

I mean he is really just a scape goat to be sacrificed to the alter to pacify the american people. WHAT BULLCRAP!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
Did he just say to tell them kids that the accident was caused by failure mechanisms or failure prevention mechanisms? What is a failure mechanism? AND, how could he say what to tell them kids what caused all this when earlier he said he didn't know YET what caused this?

HANG this liar!!

Hello,

Not only that. He knows not to admit to human error, because he's the one on top of this baby lacking proper nurturing.

And really, how many politicians admit to wrong-doing? "I'm not a crook" comes to reflect upon former president who was nearly impeached; scan to bottom of page>

Link; www.historyplace.com...

That revelation resulted in a complete collapse of support for Nixon in Congress. On Friday, August 9, Nixon resigned the presidency and avoided the likely prospect of losing the impeachment vote in the full House and a subsequent trial in the Senate. He thus became the only U.S. President ever to resign. Vice President Gerald R. Ford succeeded him and a month later granted Nixon a full pardon for any crimes he might have committed while President.

Comparing articles of impeachment to this Hayward character, I might see some similarities; abuse of power?

Suffice to say, his buddy Barry's got his back?

[edit on (6/17/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I think Tony Hayward is doing what every CEO does, he has dodged the questions and refuses to say anything that will compromise the corporation.

What did you guys think? He was going to come clean, admit his corporation's fault, the sad fact is that the corporation has become too powerful. BP has obviously put profit before safety just like all the other corporations out there.

If we don't learn from this as a planet, there is no hope left...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I have only been watching since they came back from the break. So far.. No one has asked about the use of Corexit and why after the EPA ordered BP to stop using it, did they continue to use it.

Has this been talked about in the 1st half that I missed?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I have only been watching since they came back from the break. So far.. No one has asked about the use of Corexit and why after the EPA ordered BP to stop using it, did they continue to use it.

Has this been talked about in the 1st half that I missed?

Hello,

Good question.

One to add if I may?

How will Corexit effect the landfills, and surrounding areas?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

They did ask about anti freeze earlier... I had to step away while it happened though

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
They are going to re-air this tonight at 8 est time.. I wish someone could please record this and make the copy available for download.

This was awesome.. I am going to watch the 1st half now if I can stay awake.. I just wish I had a way to record it but i cant with the tool I am using to see it.

I could have watched this till 12 midnight. Get the popcorn!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by empireofpain
I hate to say it but i actually feel sorry for Mr hayword.

I mean he is really just a scape goat to be sacrificed to the alter to pacify the american people. WHAT BULLCRAP!

Oh look everyone, another BP shill.

DAMN RIGHT BP will be sacrificed .... and if not to pacify the american people, then to pacify mother nature. Toss these BP clowns into that oil volcano when the BOP tips over and opens a hole straight to hell for them all.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join