It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Hayward cracks on cross examination

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Is anyone else watching this?

He is dodging questions right and left!

He can't answer a question directly...

When asked if companies with poor saftey records should be banned from operating in the us, he restated exactly his last answer....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I was just watching and they were talking about the cementing and cement casing. Not one mention of halliburton was in control of the cementing. I know it's Cheney's company but don't it seem that the meeting that was held yesterday between the anointed one and Hayward was like a preperation for this hearing that is held today??

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Tony evidently had "no prior knowledge" of anything

He claims he doesn't know any safety details about any well that has been drilled...

WHAT?

And over and over... He says "since I've become CEO. We've made lots of progress..."

The guy is an utter bafoon.... Not once has he claimed reposnsibility for anything... Not for himself.... Not for bp as a whole.... Not for his position as a CEO.... Nothing

He continues to talk about their progress and his devastation...

Im through with this puppet

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

This is really depressing to watch. Pompous politicians all desperate to show how tough they can be in an election year. Dont worry american people, we failed in oversight of the industry but we can throw good insults on camera !

Its all posturing and bluster. All thats wrong with politics is here.

They might as well put him in the stocks and throw mouldy cabbages at him.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Wow is all I can say. Thi guy is the CEO of one of the largest companies in the world? He is an idiot. How can someone in his position come into a senate hearing and have no information except "I wasn't involved in the decision making".

Well it's been two months, you should know every single detail by now!

Looks like he has been more concerned in keeping up his tan.

All the world's hero's are goats!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Well they are asking all of the questions i would ask.... The are properly representing me in their interrogations....

However, Tony Hayward is being a complete stonewall

He acts as if he's been on vacation since april 19th

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
They aren't asking any questions he can answer.

They're treating him like he was on the ground and personally making decisions on the rig.

A CEO is so far removed from actual production it's ridiculous.

The politicians are just rambling on trying to get positive coverage of how "tough on oil" they are.

This is a massive waste of time and money.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

They are asking him questions he should know 60 days after a disaster

Any CEO should be intimately informed about a disaster of this kind...

It appears he, nor anyone at an executive level knows whats going on as far as safety goes which goes directly against his claim that they have focused like a laser on safety...

A laser is very precise.... He Tony Hayward is being completely obtuse....

This is ridiculous....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Reply to post by HunkaHunka

The safety laser thing is crap. All he had to do was appoint some manager to overseeanother manager to oversee a team that hires some PR firm to send out pamphlets to different sections of the company that politely remind them of safe practices.

About as worthwhile as those stupi OSHA posters that are lying around somewhere in every workplace across America.

BP is no more or less well run and organized as the federal government is. It comes with any organisation of this size.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Utterly ridiculous. CEO of the company, but hasn't been briefed, wasn't involved in apparently Any decision making, and "I'm afraid I can't recall that either".

Completely pathetic.

"I don't know". "I'm afraid I can't answer that question".

wash-rinse-repeat

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Its probably a true reflection of the situation. Its likely that until it exploded Tony Hayward knew very little about the details of Deepwater Horizon.

He is ultimately responsible because thats the job of the CEO, to carry the can. They can take one for the team and be retired. The company carries on. Thats one of the reasons they get paid so much.

However, when dealing with large multinational companies the expectation that the CEO knows much about the detail of any specific project is a little naive.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It's truly unbelievable.

Especially this quote with regard to the current status of the well:

We don't have the answers. It's too early to tell."

Stunning.

This man is a criminal as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I tell you this man is not real bright is he. He is getting lambasted by these congressmen. I cannot believe he is this stupid and not know any
info on his company. Has anyone else noticed that everything he says is being put on the record. If I was in his spot I would have made damn sure that I could answer every question and be able to give them anything they want. And this man runs a multinational company yet seems to be dumb as dirt.I wonder how many people he has shredding documents back at his office.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Gotta love the last talking head guy who was trying to butt in, made a hilarious comment "any one of us could do his job" hahahahaha!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical How can someone in his position come into a senate hearing and have no information except "I wasn't involved in the decision making".

And Waxman stated he was given a copy in advance of the questions he could potentially be asked.

Is his refusal or inability to answer not obstruction? In some form?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
However, when dealing with large multinational companies the expectation that the CEO knows much about the detail of any specific project is a little naive.

It's been 2 months. They even sent him areas of concern on which they specifically asked him to be prepared to address. It's his job there to give answers.

He's the CEO. He has no excuses. He deserves every bit of grilling he gets.

[edit on 17/6/10 by Navieko]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Is anyone else watching this?

I sure am. Doing so helps to justify my rage. For a CEO of BP, that guy sure doesn't know beans about what they did. He's been saying "I don't know" in response to stuff even WE now know. And that smirk on his face, somebody should wipe that off with some corexit. They shouldn't let that guy leave, they need to arrest him. Give him an hour of community service for every gallon of oil leaked and send him down to the gulf to start cleaning up that mess. I bet if I went out right now and dumped a couple of gallon of oil in a lake around here, I'd be spending tonight and gawd know how long in jail.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I missed the very end. Did they adjourn for another vote or because he couldn't answer any questions?

He may as well get on a plane back to Britain. For his own safety.

link   
I didn't catch the beginning of the hearing, but I have heard that Tony Hayward said that they were planning to capture 80,000 barrels per day? Capturing any amount of oil would obviously leave a certain amount that is not being captured, so did he just say that the blowout is now around 100,000 barrels per day?

Also, what the hell does this guy do? He is the CEO right? How the hell does he not know how much money his company has saved or lost from it's decisions, such as the choice of well casing? Does he do anything?

Plus that **** just kept smiling and smirking and looking like he was about to burst out laughing? My god man! Someone should tie a noose around his head and hang him in the oil.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by SubPop79]

[edit on 17-6-2010 by SubPop79]

link   
reply to post by justwokeup

This is really depressing to watch. Pompous politicians all desperate to show how tough they can be in an election year.

I watched a little, I can't stand the hypocritical politicians being so self righteous, when you and I know they are all guilty.

I wonder what goes on behind closed doors, it is like when they questioned the housing crisis when they knew full well they caused it,

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join