It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why did God leave so early?

page: 2
2
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by texastig
 


Actually you're wrong. Egypt has never been afraid to write down their defeats. That's like the U.S saying it never was in Vietnam.




posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Actually you're wrong. Egypt has never been afraid to write down their defeats. That's like the U.S saying it never was in Vietnam.


Let's see about that.
It was common for later rulers or religious scribes to remove names from earlier monuments, either because they considered these to be undesirable or to enhance their own prominence. For example, King Horemheb changed inscriptions to credit himself for building work done by Tutankhamen. The Cairo Museum in Egypt and the Oriental Institute at the University of Chicago contain numerous examples of such dishonesty. An example is the chiseling away by her successor, Thutmose III, of the name and representation of Queen Hatshepsut on a stone monumental record uncovered at Deir al-Bahri in Egypt.—See Archaeology and Bible History, by J. P. Free, 1964, p. 98 and photograph opposite p. 94.

In 1990, Harvard researchers working in the ancient city of Ashkelon, north of the Gaza Strip, unearthed a small silver-plated bronze calf figurine reminiscent of the huge golden calf mentioned in the Book of Exodus.
www.time.com...



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

actually the Bible doesn't mention the Pharaohs by name. It's been proven the Jews were never slaves in Ancient Egypt.


Agree with you there, but to answer your first post on this thread, the christian god would have to be real before he could leave. seeing as how he was a mix of ideas stolen from pagans, if he was real that would imply that the pagan gods are real.



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
ccsct203, how did you come to the conclusion that "the God of the Quran is not the true God"? And that "he is a false God"?

And how do you come to the conclusion that Jesus Christ is the son of God and/or even exists at all? From all the data that is currently available, we are able to determine that there is ZERO evidence of an historical man named Jesus Christ.

So what information do you have that shows Jesus Christ is real, and that the Quran is false?

Since you typed these statements in CAPS, that the God of the Quran is a FALSE GOD, you must have some absolutely convincing information to support this claim, so please do so for the rest of us.

I say that they are BOTH false and are just fictional characters from a collection of myths, fables, and legends. So please provide your information to support your claim.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Shine71]



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismos
Seeing as how he was a mix of ideas stolen from pagans, if he was real that would imply that the pagan gods are real.


That's not true.
www.about-jesus.org...



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71
And how do you come to the conclusion that Jesus Christ is the son of God and/or even exists at all? From all the data that is currently available, we are able to determine that there is ZERO evidence of an historical man named Jesus Christ.


That is not true. Scholars from both camps believe that there is a historical Jesus.
See Gary Habermas talking about it.
"Historicity of Resurrection".
www.youtube.com...


[edit on 6/16/2010 by texastig]



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig
 





We went through this already. Pharaoh thought he was God. He was the first one to order the Israeli boys killed.


And the argument failed even then. When Pharaoh did it he was EVIL so when a loving God does it he is falling even more from Grace. Remember when a perfect being, Lucifer, sins he falls. God is breaking one of his own commandments. A flawed mortal doing it is evil so when God does it its even WORSE.



How come you don't say Pharaoh did genocide against children. Did you miss that part?


The OP is about God leaving Earth. I was addressing a point that the God of the Old Testament often commits horrendous acts of evil and therefore doesn't have a sin phobia as the OP asked. WAKE UP - Pharaoh's sin is NO REASON to punish the innocent of Egypt in some sort of infanticidal revenge.




He's here but we are the ones who have to open our eyes, ears and hearts.


How quaint. My eyes and ears are and were open, as for my heart, I'd prefer to keep that in my chest cavity if you don't mind. God is absent from the world.



It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that something cannot come from nothing.


Scientists have NEVER said that the Universe came from nothing. I don't want to derail the thread, if you'd like to continue this conversation feel free to U2U me.



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig
 


That youtube video appears to be much longer than I have time to view now. Could you possibly summarize the evidence that the video provides (and the credible source) to conclude that there is evidence to confirm an historical Jesus Christ. Keep in mind that Gary Habermas is not a historian. He is just another theologian. Theologians seem to think belief and the Bible is actual evidence, but its just as much evidence as is the Christmas books that discuss Santa Claus. Please clarify providing actual evidence and credible sources. Thank you.



[edit on 16-6-2010 by Shine71]



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
And the argument failed even then. When Pharaoh did it he was EVIL so when a loving God does it he is falling even more from Grace. Remember when a perfect being, Lucifer, sins he falls. God is breaking one of his own commandments. A flawed mortal doing it is evil so when God does it its even WORSE.


My argument did not fail. You still don't understand that God was defending His people and He still defends them till this day.
He never broke one of His commandments because He didn't put no commandments on Himself. I must reiterate that God is a God of justice. Do you understand that?


Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
The OP is about God leaving Earth. I was addressing a point that the God of the Old Testament often commits horrendous acts of evil and therefore doesn't have a sin phobia as the OP asked. WAKE UP - Pharaoh's sin is NO REASON to punish the innocent of Egypt in some sort of infanticidal revenge.


You got off topic with God's supposed horrendous acts of evil and then you started blaming God for everything.
If Pharaoh's sin is NO REASON to punish the innocent of Egypt, then there's no reason for Pharaoh to punish innocent Jews. It goes both ways.


Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
How quaint. My eyes and ears are and were open, as for my heart, I'd prefer to keep that in my chest cavity if you don't mind. God is absent from the world.


God is not absent from the world. He answers prayers and works in peoples lives.


Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
Scientists have NEVER said that the Universe came from nothing. I don't want to derail the thread, if you'd like to continue this conversation feel free to U2U me.


You've already derailed the thread by blaming God for everything bad.
You didn't have to do that.
Sure, we can do the U2U.






[edit on 6/16/2010 by texastig]



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71
That youtube video appears to be much longer than I have time to view now. Could you possibly summarize the evidence that the video provides (and the credible source) to conclude that there is evidence to confirm an historical Jesus Christ. Keep in mind that Gary Habermas is not a historian. He is just another theologian. Theologians seem to think belief and the Bible is actual evidence, but its just as much evidence as is the Christmas books that discuss Santa Claus. Please clarify providing actual evidence and credible sources. Thank you.
[edit on 16-6-2010 by Shine71]


Yes, I'll get you the highlights from the 1-1/2 hour lecture to you.
Gary Habermas is a historian:
EDUCATION:

* Ph.D., (1976), Michigan State University
o Area: History and Philosophy of Religion
* M.A., (1973), University of Detroit
o Area: Philosophical Theology
* B.R.E., (1972), William Tyndale College
o Majors: Christian Education, Bible, Social Sciences
o Minors: Philosophy, Greek, English and Speech

He doesn't even use the Bible to prove the historical resurrection of Christ in the videos.



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig
 


I'll take your word on his academic accomplishments.

BUT honestly I do not care how educated one is after it is discovered that the persons source of reasoning and study comes from a book that makes no sense and has been shown by science to be total RUBBISH many times over. I have YET to see any REAL evidence for a historical Jesus Christ. Its that simple!

I would be VERY eager to see some evidence, but I have lost faith on that one a long time ago especially since the best "evidence" comes from confirmed FORGERIES that BOTH sides agree are frauds.

Please provide evidence if any is available.

EVIDENCE, please.



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71
I'll take your word on his academic accomplishments.


See this website:
www.biola.edu...


Originally posted by Shine71
BUT honestly I do not care how educated one is after it is discovered that the persons source of reasoning and study comes from a book that makes no sense and has been shown by science to be total RUBBISH many times over. I have YET to see any REAL evidence for a historical Jesus Christ. Its that simple!


Sometimes we don't get the information that we need and we have to keep digging to find it.


Originally posted by Shine71
I would be VERY eager to see some evidence, but I have lost faith on that one a long time ago especially since the best "evidence" comes from confirmed FORGERIES that BOTH sides agree are frauds.
Please provide evidence if any is available.
EVIDENCE, please.


Never loose faith. We have faith that when we sit in a chair it will hold us up. We have faith that the sun will raise every morning. We humans have alot of faith.
I'll get you the highlights of his video.
I know you don't believe in this but there is a devil and he does everything he can to stop people from believing. That way he can keep people in bondage to sin.
We are all sinners in need of a Savior.




[edit on 6/16/2010 by texastig]



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The creator is the 'god' of Judaism. He's a jealous murdering tyrant that later pops up delivering messages through the prophet Mohammed, although by this point (proably due to Jesus) he's stopped asking for sacrifices and has developed a problem with his followers drinking alcohol. However, he does still keep going on about how he got his people out of Egypt (something he's clearly very proud of). He is also the 'architect' or 'creator' of Freemasonry.

Jesus recieved the spirit from the true and all-mighty God. He was a saviour sent down to sort out the mess the world was in. He did a good job but got killed by TPTB who then would have had a rather large say in what of his teachings were retained. TPTB couldn't really stamp out his teachings, so instead they mangled them and falsified a load of information to put in to the Bible, in order for him to fulfill various OT prophecies. They effectively 'claimed him for themselves' and seized control of the Christian movement.



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robert Reynolds
The creator is the 'god' of Judaism. He's a jealous murdering tyrant that later pops up delivering messages through the prophet Mohammed, although by this point (proably due to Jesus) he's stopped asking for sacrifices and has developed a problem with his followers drinking alcohol. However, he does still keep going on about how he got his people out of Egypt (something he's clearly very proud of). He is also the 'architect' or 'creator' of Freemasonry.

Jesus recieved the spirit from the true and all-mighty God. He was a saviour sent down to sort out the mess the world was in. He did a good job but got killed by TPTB who then would have had a rather large say in what of his teachings were retained. TPTB couldn't really stamp out his teachings, so instead they mangled them and falsified a load of information to put in to the Bible, in order for him to fulfill various OT prophecies. They effectively 'claimed him for themselves' and seized control of the Christian movement.


I can't seem to find that in the Bible or history. Do you have any sources for that?



posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig
 
This is my deduction from the Bible, Koran, Nag Hammadi, Gospel of Judas and various other sources.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Of course the Jews were never in Egypt. The Hebrews were. HUGE difference. The word "jew" is a relatively new creation.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel
 


He certainly doesn't play favourites, does he?

Maybe he left the gas on and went home early. Maybe he's sick and tired of listening to people whine every night before they go to bed. Maybe he's give up and maybe he never was. ( He, she, it, whatever)

You pose a good question, well presented and deserves an answer. I however, haven't got a bloody clue.

There does seem to be the same level of smiting going on though...



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel
 


The Anunnaki left us because they wanted to observe us. I don't think they trust their creation.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I hope my title is not miss leading. Early tonight I was thinking to myself where is God in the world? Since God want's people to follow him. What was the last time in the Bible/Quran when God was on the Earth and interacted with people? That would be during when Adam and Eve were on the Earth, including Cain and Able. God is in the Garden of Eden interacting with the animals and Adam and Eve. As well when Cain and Able were offering their offerings. After the first recorded murder in the Bible. God seems to leave the Earth and interact with people through Angels and vocally. What caused God to do this? Is it possible God has a phobia against sin? What are you guys views on this issue?


Adam and Eve are still on earth, God is still here, but neither wants anything to do with you. That God wants you to follow him is a lie. That being said, why would anyone expect God to actually be involved with this trainwreck?

Everyone in the know is laying low waiting for the inevitable global mass suicide.



posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dixie70
 


Pretty sure Jew is derived from Judah which is mentioned quite a few times in the Bible. So while the word may be new its derived from older terms referring to the Israelites/Hebrews.

I think the OP is a bit off because if you read the Bible God doesn't vanish until after Exodus and even then he makes a handful of appearances (like his booming speech to Job after he tortures the man for a while).



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join