It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures from Chinese Media

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
www.aladding.com...

Here are some photos of our own country we haven't seen yet.

"Our own country"?

Guess what... America is not the World!

That said. Thanks for the link. Very interesting pics!

[edit on 16-6-2010 by triplesod]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny

Maybe he was from Mississipi or something MeSoCorny, we can't afford shoes much less goggles up here in Kentucky.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

I am curious about #44. It's an undersea photo of the blowout. I haven't seen anything that looks like that from the ROV pictures. Where is it and how did they get a view no one else has??
Just askin'

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
always view from other country's about your own country !

the site must be a Mirror copy as the Flagfox add on says its American site

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Aweek ago l had hope that through this disaster people would say enough is enough. l had hoped that we would all wake up and see that the large corporations like BP and big mineing companies would be made to tow the line. l could feel the pain and the anger and frustration in most of the threads l have been reading on here, all brought on by corpoation greed. Then low and behold what happens? minerals and ore have been found in Afghanistan, at least one trillion dollars worth and what happens? all of a sudden we think its our God given right to go in and claim it. l even heard one guy on the news say, `Thats great now they can pay for the war` What fantastic careing human beings we are. What arrogant people we are. We invade another country on a pack of lies, we drop depleted uranium bombs all over the country, kill innocent civillians like they are vermin and now we will rob them of their new found wealth, and WE WILL. Those people will be made to pay for every last bullit, every last soldier that they forced to torture them. So no l dont think things will ever get better. ...it seems we are hell bent on destroying every thing. WHY?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Caveat Lector

You're wrong there. GM Created one of the best electric cars called the EV1. 1996 the first EV1 was released to the public but only on a lease until 1999. During the years that have passed until 2010, today, the technology could have advanced astronomically possibly to the point where most gas vehicles would have been replaced with electric but the big american car manufacturers basically told GM to lay down the production, not to mention the push from the oil giganticum's as well. So yeah most of the fault or to blame is the oil companies but also vehicle manufacturers, not the people. BTW, GM crushed every single EV1 to pieces and no one could purchase it after the lease. Google EV1 Electric Car History and check out the hour long video about it, fascinating how large companies can have so much power as to even stop human evolution in it's steps. Electric cars could have started 15 ears earlier had it not been for them!

PS: Heeeellloooo! ATS Community. Been reading for years, time to take a stance and write as well

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

it justs makes me feel incredibly sad. if you can imagine a debate between n. e. person and mrs. mama nature, subject "why you should let us carry on as we are on your beautiful planet.." - what would n. e. person say?

video.google.com...#

video.mail.ru...

errrrr...

[edit on 16-6-2010 by twentythreedom]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
[edit on 16-6-2010 by twentythreedom]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
www.aladding.com...

Here are some photos of our own country we haven't seen yet.

Wait a minute, I don't see any pictures of Britain...

Oh, I see, you meant your country.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Very good pictures - thank you for sharing.

Hell of a note when you get more truthful pictures from China than our news here at home.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I thought I'd add some perspective to those photo's by throwing a spotlight on China. This spill is tiny in comparison to what is going on in China where the pollution is NOT from an accident, but is purposeful and allowed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d668d12ab65.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39884bfc1713.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d10244f10d81.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af04f343697d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0ccb93ae876f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b1d580253e43.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc973427315e.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/701b44f3aabe.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4bc2bbdb89a5.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20a6a631bf7d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/baf0acc0848c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dfedf60b3498.jpg[/atsimg]

I could post many more along with the photo's of the nearly permanent brown cloud of smog which covers Eastern China nearly all of the time.

This Gulf Spill will be cleaned up in a few years, but what we see in China will be far worse. Way beyond anything ever seen in the Western World. Perhaps our focus should be broadened beyond our narrow world.

I find the last photo of the man fishing in the middle of a thick layer of pollution and garbage particularly poignant.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I was listening to a talk radio show (cant remember which-just surfing).

A man from Louisiana has a company with trucks that can separate and haul off this mess (obviously more than him will be needed). He will do it at cost.

His state says that they cant. Crap about the feds.

Meanwhile, he is seeing trucks and crews from CALIFORNIA all out that way.

Kickbacks? yeah. guarantee it!

Another person was talking about voluteers ready to go and just do work by hand. they cant get basic gloves and boots from the govt to help.

They want cap and tax. Never let a crisis go to waste.

The messiah was talking about how he is instructing BP to unass 20 bil for reparations to an independant entity.

govt hands off, of course.

BS.

The people will NEVER get the coasts back. EVER! I understand that parts of Alaska are still not safe to fish because of the Valdez. If you dig down just a few feet you have a layer of oil.

New Orleans and the rest of the coast is going to turn to ghost towns due to this.

Way to go Bama! Great Job BP!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
I understand that parts of Alaska are still not safe to fish because of the Valdez. If you dig down just a few feet you have a layer of oil.

Those pockets are degraded to the point of no longer being toxic and don't have anything to do with fishing.

We have fanatics up here also and angry irrational people still after all those years. Valdez is as pristine a place as you will ever find.

We also have the problem of newspapers and network news shows that are in bed with the extremists who pump millions a year of out of state money into propaganda. Their goal is to depopulate Alaska by stopping all drilling, mining and fishing here through the courts and lawsuits.

This is the last place on earth you want to use as an example of pollution or environmental problems. The human footprint here is tiny. Most of Alaska has never seen a human footprint and never will. The tiny spills from the pipeline you hear about are cleaned up within days and no wildlife is actually harmed. The State of Alaska is all over them like, well, you know
Palin was particularly good at that no matter what people think of her. She was very good at that job. The oil companies could get away with nothing.

Mostly people are angry because it took decades in the courts to get any compensation. That is of course the fault of the courts and the ridiculous process of actually getting the company to pay. It's all over now though.

That spill was caused by a drunk employee by the way. Never would have happened had not he been drunk on the job.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yeah and the Chinese don't do anything that degrades their environment,... lets get real. The Chinese purposefully control the media so that their "environmental disasters" don't get reported on. I may not be able to read the text but the are obviously using this for internal propaganda purposes.

As far as the oil spill goes, yeah disgusting should never have happened,... a bunch of idiots drilling and government idiots providing "oversight". That said, nature will recover and adapt. Not an excuse just reality, even if it was left alone to empty the earth would be fine, wildlife would recover in time. Time perhaps longer than a lifespan, but relative to the age of the earth just a blink in time. What won't recover are the livelihood of those impacted by this, property values along the coast, tourism dollars. The basic needs food, shelter, clothing of those along the coast is in jeopardy. BP just gained a whole bunch of dependents,... ones they can't claim as tax write offs. If BP doesn't stand up and accept their responsibility to these people fully then they deserve to be nailed against the wall, the executives 1st.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by felonius
I understand that parts of Alaska are still not safe to fish because of the Valdez. If you dig down just a few feet you have a layer of oil.

Those pockets are degraded to the point of no longer being toxic and don't have anything to do with fishing.

We have fanatics up here also and angry irrational people still after all those years. Valdez is as pristine a place as you will ever find.

Thanks for squaring me up. I'm happy to hear that is nice again.

Now. How about the killer mosquitos? Maybe a tiny oil slick for them

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

They had an article a few years ago you would like. They calculated how long it would take for a naked person to die of blood loss from mosquitos if they let them out on the Tundra in summer. It worked out to 8 hours.

You would be amazed at the odd idea's people have about Alaska unless they come up here. We get people who still think the old Alcan Highway, a dirt road is still how you get here. Often people show up expecting huts and igloos
Anchorage is actually the same as any other medium sized US city with all the same amenities. Even the remote villages have Internet and Cable TV now. No moss growing on our feet.

I love this place and spend the short summers covering as much of it as I can. Valdez is wonderful on a sunny day. Problem is they don't have many. Right now the long days are amazing. Sunset at near midnight and sunrise at 4:30 in the morning.

Fairbanks is also great. It gets warmer there and the days are even longer.

I'd better stop, we are clearly not on topic.

[edit on 6/16/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluegrassconspirator
reply to post by MeSoCorny

Maybe he was from Mississipi or something MeSoCorny, we can't afford shoes much less goggles up here in Kentucky.

Hmm...maybe you're right. Here in Tennessee we like to swim in the nude anyways, course you gotta wear your floatie wings, we swim in sewage ditches, so we're used to dirty water round these parts.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeSoCorny

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
I feel dumb for asking, but what is that in the picture "48 days after"? It looks like the back of a human head, but also it doesn't.

[edit on 16/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

It is the top of a dude's head with goggles on. He drove all the way from Kentucky, dammit, he was going to swim on his vacation.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by MeSoCorny]

OMG, a few years ago i drove down to Schlitterbahn for our usual family trip to the worlds number 1 water park. Just so happened to be the same week Rita hit Texas, so there was the remnants of Rita over New Braunfels as a tropical storm.

It rained sooooooo much. The hot tub was cold. it was wetter out of the water than in. It was pretty chilly, too (in the 60's).

But i had already bought tickets. So i told the kids "Screw it, we're getting in!" We spent the whole day, until the park closed. Had a blast, except the hot tub was cold.

This year we were going to hit the Schlitterbahn in Corpus. I guess we can scrap that. I just bought my tickets for New Braunfels today. I am just not sure about getting in that Gulf water, even if "they" say it is safe in Corpus.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I am somewhat bemused by the fact that in all likelihood, these pictures have NOTHING, absolutely nothing, to do with the Chinese media - and now we have people throwing in pictures of China on an oil spill thread as some kind of bizarre tit-for-tat.

First up, the link in the OP's post, alladin.com or whatever it is, is nothing to do with Chinese media. It cannot even be accessed from China. In fact it is banned, blacklisted, inaccessible because of the great firewall.

Don't you think it is odd that an official Chinese media site is banned, and innaccessible, from people in China? I do.

These are pictures in all likelihood lifted off various newsites from around the world, most likely in North America, given the amount of comments from people who have seen these pictures on CNN, fox etc.

If they are from Chinese media, it is up to the OP, or anyone else, to provide links to Chinese media sites within China showing the pics, not some random .com where some overseas Chinese guy (if in fact the text is Chinese - is it? Is it traditional or simplified Chinese? That would give a clue as to origin. Or is it Japanese or Korean characters? Taiwanese perhaps?) has collected images from news sites round the world, many in the US as people here have stated.

Do any of the photos bare the Xinhua watermark? If they are from Chinese media they will have this watermark or sribe on or next to them.

I am sure they are great photos, painful, moving, emotive and depict some horrors, but people pushing an agenda that somehow they are Chinese is kind of bizzarre and is like a couple of people on here are almost looking for a scapegoat.

I don't get the guy who is collecting photos of China now in some weird counter-punch, when the fact is alladin.com has a somewhat very tentative, if not completely detached, connection to anything to do with official Chinese media.

Again, it can't be accessed from China, which really would be the whole idea, the whole point, of having a Chinese media site written in Chinese (if indeed that is the language on the site).

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudbreak
I am somewhat bemused by the fact that in all likelihood, these pictures have NOTHING, absolutely nothing, to do with the Chinese media - and now we have people throwing in pictures of China on an oil spill thread as some kind of bizarre tit-for-tat.

That was not my intent at all. It was to point out there are other disasters ongoing right now that get no attention. You have misunderstood or I was not clear enough.

In the end, this spill will be cleaned up, in China it will probably never be cleaned up in our lifetimes.

Both are horrible things.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join