It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures from Chinese Media

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Me thinks "China" has an agenda with these pictures?

I don't think there is an agenda, as this link is not even accessible from within China. It is banned by the great firewall, so I would be surprised if these pictures are really actually from the Chinese media.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This makes me very sad and sick to my stomach!!!!! I havent seen much of the news lately, but what i have seen has NOT shown anything like this!

People need to be made aware of the damage to the wildlife and environment!

So angry right now i want to scream Grrrrr

If i recall from when i was a child i remember an oil slick, and volenteers went down to the beaches to help with the clean up. But there not letting anyone near this??????

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Pathetic, all those poor creatures, it's the genocide of animal life in the spill area.

All for BP greed and profit.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I've seen all these pictures already in conventional North American media. Not quite so secret, and limited to Chinese media.

It doesn't hurt to keep them in the spotlight, though. People have short attention spans these days, especially for things which don't make them happy.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The picture that stood out in my mind was the kids in the pool at the beach..what a shame. I agree to some extent that we are all responsible for our demand for oil but what are our choices? I CANNOT make a car that runs on anything but oil so I have to buy what is available..all other alternatives are just too expensive right now for the lower/middle class.

I sometimes feel that the people that can afford those things look down on everyone else..somehow we are ignorant for not having solar panels covering our home or driving hybrid cars or whatever...if I could I would..but right now it's just too expensive..I'm sure most everyone would LOVE to get away from their electrical bill each month, I know I don't like paying 400 bucks a month from Dec-March each year.

What to do? What to do?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
those pictures would have been taken by bystanders
then they are bought by what ever media will pay
thats how it works

just like the way we get on the ground pix from disasters around the world

this is going to show up on every bodies door step

there are a bunch of horrible oil disasters around the world
so this is not an American thing
its a people thing

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Anyone look at the second picture, the one of day two, and notice a kind of demon looking form looking down in the smoke plume? Kind of eerie.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I have auctually seen most of these pictures before.
There are tons more at www.huffingtonpost.com... and here www.tarballcleanup.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caveat Lector
BP can be blamed to an extent but seriously, every user of oil, directly and indirectly needs to be accountable.

Fact is deep sea drilling is pushing the boundaries. ie. risky business

I totally disagree with you. I am in no way responsible for this even if use oil/gas. Alternative energy sources have been witheld from the public for decades and if you want to use an alternative the price is so high that it is not a reality for most people. If they manufactured a vehicle that ran on clean fuel and kept the price the same as for the combustion engine vehicles I am 100% positive people would choose the cleaner energy vehicle.
Fact of the matter is there is more oil used to manufacture the vehicle and tires for the vehicle than most people are aware. We are hopelessly addicted to the damn stuff because the oil companies and government supress any ideas or alternatives that end the addiction. Way too much money to be made of oil. So , no I am not responsible.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OurskiesRpoisoned

BP can be blamed to an extent but seriously, every user of oil, directly and indirectly needs to be accountable.

The problem is, it's our governments who have enslave us in oil, by hiding and buying patents, promoting propoganda

Oil is a tool of control.

The one thing good that may come out of this catastrophe, is that people may start to realize that big government is not good for them.

Im all good for that...big government stuff. But many of you dont realize almost EVERYTHING we make is made from oil! Its not just fuel ya know...its everything that makes modern society MODERN!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

PERFECT!!! An Obamanation Against the Earth!!! I second that TERM!!
But- no worries- barry, has PROMISED, to "return the Gulf Region, EVEN BETTER than it was before"!!!!!! Must be nice, to have god-like powers.
Better start showing them, or sheeple will start thinking you are just a braggart, Mr. Obamao.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by empireofpain

Empireofpain- I agree, we use oil to make WAAAY to much, useless stuff. We SHOULD be using renewable resources, in EVERY area we can, NOT wasting oil, the way we do.
I WAS heartened, a few years ago, when the major fast-food chains, went BACK to paper wrapping, instead of styrofoam, for food packaging. (I personally don't go to "fast-food" places, except rarely.) Then again- I'm sure it was simply a money-saving thing, and certainly NOT concern for our environment, that prompted the move. Multi-nationals, by their nature, care-not for ANYTHING, but the bottom line.
BOYCOTT THEM!!
As for the American "Media"- you no longer have ANY credibility. Just start picking-up your paychecks, at the FBI/CIA office. You no longer have to pretend!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
these pictures are horrible, but we need to move past this shock phase, the damage is done, the consequences will be felt for probably more then 100 years.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I tell you this, if i saw the head of BP giving a sorry speach
i would be the one with a bucket full of old engine oil at the
ready to toss over his head bucket and all. scum.

and i am so sick of this being called a spill!

it is a god dam gusher a massive leak at 20,000 PSI !

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I keep telling my friends and family they are wasting their time watching the news on American TV if they really want to know what is going on at home or in the rest of the world.

I suggested they look at the news from a neutral country that does not have a nickel in our dime and the news from a country that is not very fond of us, and somewhere in the middle they will find the truth.

I am amazed at the pictures and the quality that the Chinese have been able to obtain. Doesn't anyone wonder how they came by these? If they can get such close-up and detailed pictures like this of an oil rig, what else can they get pictures of?

I m glad to read someone else sees the news the way I do.

I have seen these same pictures on the national news outlets and it would seem the Chinese may have just done a few video captures. Once you have a digital image it is not really that hard to crop and enhance it to bring out some special parts of that image.

It is best to keep in mind that they have little interest in making us look good and will use any opportunity they can.

Of course, our news wants to paint as rosey a picture as they can also.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Wow - while very disturbing, these are good pictures that will never be shown in Western MSM.

I like the idea of protestors, but unless they got to the protest by WALKING the entire way from their home (that would have to be off the main power grid) they're being hypocritical.

We all use oil. It's through our massive dependence on oil that this sort of drilling becomes necessary to keep oil prices low.

There would be many more protests if this type of drilling stopped and oil went to $10 a gallon, or higher.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
These pictures are so freakin' heart-breaking, this is really messing with me right now. I wish our media would show things more for how they really are instead of downplaying EVERYTHING, then maybe more human clones would wake up. Na, probably not. BP is gonna pay for this in more ways then one, big business REALLY screwed up...big time.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by empireofpain

Originally posted by OurskiesRpoisoned

The problem is, it's our governments who have enslave us in oil, by hiding and buying patents, promoting propoganda

Oil is a tool of control.

The one thing good that may come out of this catastrophe, is that people may start to realize that big government is not good for them.

Im all good for that...big government stuff. But many of you dont realize almost EVERYTHING we make is made from oil! Its not just fuel ya know...its everything that makes modern society MODERN!

Yes almost everything is made using carbon fuels, but getting our vehicles and homes off of using oil products would be a huge dent in the amount of oil that needs to be extracted. We need to take baby steps before we can jump. I am all for Obama trying to implement alternative energies. It seems everyone is in agreement that we need to stop using oil as an energy source, but when there is a mention of it costing the taxpayer more money we freak out.

A better idea would be for the world leaders to force manufacturers of hybrid vehicles to offer these vehicles at a much lower cost than a gasoline vehicle. They should also implement grants for people to "green" their houses and businesses by using geothermal, solar and wind power.
This in reality will likely never occur until we destroy the planet as there is far too much money that the big corporations would lose and we all know who controls policy.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hey! Great... Another "made in china" product... So should we trust it and just eat it or recall it and get our $2 bucks back and no gas money to bring it back.

When will we all learn like the Buddah did from his mistakes?

Maybe it's a matter of National Security not to panic the cattle so we don't have a stampped... Unless we know it's fact stop spreading crap.

Now back to some good old Photoshoped UFO pic... Please.

Mr abc's

discloser;
For entertainment only and abc reserves all rights to it's Web--Bot bullsh8t.

But who knows????????

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Taken at face value, the horrific events of recent times could easily lead one to conclude that the bulk of humankind has lost its way. Whether war crimes in Iraq, female genital mutilation in Africa or the oil spill in the gulf, there seems to be no end to the ways in which we as a species demonstrate our capability of wreaking havoc upon ourselves and our environment. Many of us seclude ourselves, content in the fact that none of these things is affecting us or our immediate surroundings. But that, my friends, is really our gravest error. And little by little, we’re waking up to that fact.

As a child I listened to WGBI, an AM country radio station popular in the Northeast PA Valley. Every morning, the Christopher Society would offer a minute or two of inspirational readings. This was always followed by their motto, “It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.” These words stay with me even to this day.

In The Merchant of Venice, Shakespeare tells us, “truth will come to light; murder cannot be hid long; a man's son may, but at the length truth will out.” It is my sincere belief that in witnessing our myriad infractions upon this world and our fellow inhabitants upon it, we have been given a tremendous opportunity to light a candle by which to study the very darkest truths about ourselves.

In the direction of the South, Coyote teaches us through trickery and deception, to glimpse the very things about ourselves we only dare to notice in other people. The energy here is that of noontime, when the sun is at its highest. Standing here in the glaring light we may think our shadows have disappeared, but in truth, we are actually standing firmly within them. To observe these shadows, we must look closely. To understand them, we must work diligently. And to accept them as part and parcel of ourselves, we must love courageously and without reservation.

As we have traveled along this path we have taken actions that have caused the destruction of millions of our fellow beings. We have driven countless species to extinction, or the very brink thereof. We have plundered the very planet that gave us life in the name of Manifest Destiny. But we have also found the means to feed the hungry. We have brought the light of social justice to some of the darkest places in the world. We have clasped hands across chasms of hatred, and in doing so, have opened the door to love.

This is the time to muster our courage and recognize our shadows. We must come to know our own darkest places, and flood them with the light of love. We must heal ourselves at the very core of our being. We must turn away from the empty trappings of a materialistic society that commoditizes fear and greed. We must remember that our true Mother is the very planet we abuse. We must open our hearts and accept our brotherhood with every living thing. We must ask difficult questions, and prepare ourselves to receive difficult answers. We must put aside our need to conquer each other and work together for the greatest good of all. We must steer ourselves back to the good Red Road. And to quote David Hawkins, we must walk straight ahead, no matter what. . .

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join