It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What actually is Jacobs Ladder?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Jacobs ladder is a euphemism that portrays an interaction between angel/aliens and humans.

Thank you for your very interesting post and your ideas on what the ladder may be used for. I think you make a very good point and one to remember.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EinsteinLight
A couple of more bullets.....

A Helical structure is a circle moving in time. Time is based upon light and is relative. If you were drawing a circle and the plane was moving in the Z direction, a spiral would occur like a slinky or spring or screw.

Time can be measured by Fibonacci intervals. The Golden Mean is a representation of the maximum reproduction rate. I would think light, pi, The Golden Mean, The Golden Spiral, and the Fibonnaci ratio are very closely related to Jacob's Ladder dream.

I until now have never made the connection that a helical structure is a circle moving in time. Thanks.

Had to google Fibonacci and got this

www.maths.surrey.ac.uk...

Unfortunatly maths is not my thing and I cant see how this links to Jacobs dream of a ladder but thanks for your post. Very interesting.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
AS for the film "Jacob's ladder" it has to be watched many times
to really get a real insight as to how clever the plot is.

there are many things that become more apparent each time you watch
the film.The ladder is the name given to a powerful hallucinogenic
made by Jacob for the army. a false flag event goes on to trigger the
effect of the drug and gauge it's usefulness as a weapon, think
MK-ultra.

the part where he See's his son who was killed come back to
greet him on the stairs,as they meet you here a loud "WAKE UP"
from either the left or right hand speaker like an inner voice.
a very clever use of mono sound to throw you off guard.top film.
worth watching just for that part alone.if you missed it.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

Should we read a hundred books? Which definition will we choose in the end?
Will it just be the one that satisfies us? Will the true one transform us?

Interesting question, and one quite relevent to myself!

I can not say I have read hundreds of books but I will say that over the past few years I have read alot of spiritual/new age/philosophy books. If I could find one Id most probably read one on Jacobs Ladder! The only book I bought but didnt read was the Law of One book III, after book II, I decided it wasnt for me.

These books find me, they seem to appear just as I need them. Maybe I bring them to myself with intent Im not sure, but they come to me and they come to me in the exact correct order. Do you know what I mean?

I dont think any one book will transform us but they can become guides along our path and I do believe they seek us just as we seek them. The very first spiritual book I ever read was The Power of Now and it helped me open up to a whole other world within, I dont read it now but at the time it was exactly what I needed to read. Many thanks to the ATS member who recommended that first book.

So Midicon, do you know of any good books on Jacobs Ladder , what it is and how to activate it !!!

Why does God only appear in dreams?
Is this the solution of Jacob's ladder?
What do you think?

Maybe we can only access the ladder in dreams? Its not possible for the majority of us to access such a complex thing in our waking hours ? Maybe thats why Jacob saw it in a dream also do you think ?

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Mr Green]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
..... I have read alot of spiritual/new age/philosophy books......

These books find me, they seem to appear just as I need them. Maybe I bring them to myself with intent Im not sure, but they come to me and they come to me in the exact correct order. Do you know what I mean?

Why does God only appear in dreams?
Is this the solution of Jacob's ladder?
What do you think?

......... Its not possible for the majority of us to access such a complex thing in our waking hours ? Maybe thats why Jacob saw it in a dream also do you think ?

I completely understand books finding you in perfect timing.

They made themselves known to me by standing and looking down the aisles in the library.. in a general way.. then I would see an area become a little brighter.. so I would take that book home to read.

At times the whole book would have me buzzing along with it, other times I would read most of it to find the one sentence in it for me. Each time I recognised what was for me.

And we can with only a little effort access what appears to be complex, but in itself is quite simple, using simple approaches to it.

If we step aside and see without all the complexities designed by human beings, we could understand this is a ladder of sorts.. a symbolic representation of the main chakra system in the human subtle energy field.

In which case we can access and "climb" this ladder as we "awaken" along with each step. The means to do so are simple.

Sorry for the words used, they are not meant to sound New Age Industry or anything else, they are all I have to describe this to you.

I have nothing to link you to, other than my website for info, and I don't think their are many 'teaching' simple ways these days that I know about.

You could PM me for info to try.

ps.. the only in dreams thing is a way of saying they got insights and information while in altered states of awareness... be it dreaming or meditation, OOBE or soul level projection, etc.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
got this part wrong sorry the voice says "dream on"
not "wake up" wake up was said in donnie darko
another great film.with many layres to it.

the part where he See's his son who was killed come back to
greet him on the stairs,as they meet you here a loud "WAKE UP"
from either the left or right hand speaker like an inner voice.
a very clever use of mono sound to throw you off guard.top film.
worth watching just for that part alone.if you missed it.

[edit on 18/6/2010 by stealthyaroura]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

got this part wrong sorry the voice says "dream on"
not "wake up" wake up was said in donnie darko
another great film.with many layres to it.

Yes donnie darko has many levels to it, not sure I will ever understand that film either but its a classic film.

I often feel/sense the words "wake up", powerful words indeed.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Have any of u in the operating room when your child was born? I was and the umbilical cord between mom and child, well talk about your colors, wow, blew me away, but Jacob's Ladder probably an umbilical cord of sorts, along with DNA a strand, same fingerprint, pretty amazing too see life in so much around us.
Oh Ya "as in Heaven, above, So on Earth below"

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Have any of u in the operating room when your child was born? I was and the umbilical cord between mom and child, well talk about your colors, wow, blew me away, but Jacob's Ladder probably an umbilical cord of sorts, along with DNA a strand, same fingerprint, pretty amazing too see life in so much around us.
Oh Ya "as in Heaven, above, So on Earth below"

Very interesting observation, got me thinking that the ladder may actually be the realization/activation of our Silver Cord.

In astral projection the conscious mind leaves the physical body and moves into the astral body to experience. In astral projection you remain attached to your physical body by a 'silver umbilical type cord'. Some people are able to see the cord when astral projecting

www.crystalinks.com...

The Silver Cord being our ladder to move up and down between the Body and the Astral. ("Earth and Heaven") ?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Jacob's ladder was a dream the Jacob had. He had just scammed his Father, shafted his borther and he was running for his life.
He ran until it got dark and then he took some rocks as pillows and went to sleep. Momma's boy on the run, between a rock and a hard place...

God explained the dream to him. There is a lot of interaction between heaven and earth. God is above and watching everything. He's in charge even when Jacob made a royal mess of his life. He had promised Jacob's grandpa a country, and God told him he was sleeping on the land that would become his.
So, if God is faithfull with such a theif and loser as Jacob - he was never a consistant person - God will treat all his children that way.
I am glad that I am a child of God and can sleep, even in difficult places, because I know He will stay Faithfull to me even if I am not faithful to Him.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Don’t read books MG they are bad for you!

You shouldn’t complicate things. Why not just take the story as it stands? You may get more out of it that way! Or would you rather fill your head with endless models and theories? You won’t think your way to God!
Let’s for the moment take the ladder as a simple symbol of transformation or ascension and look at the other elements. We all know who Jacob represents! And we all know who God is! When God presents himself, he comes in the form of an image. That’s the way God comes! He is both messenger and himself. Jacob wrestles with the image and ‘sees’ its true nature and is transformed! There you have it! A child could understand it!

But then you think! It was a dream, in the realm of the unconscious. Is this where God lives? Or where we’ll find him? We could always ask Jung of course, he grabbed an angel or two, and held them down so they couldn’t move! And they became more crystalline, more fluid and dynamic but he followed them down until they became organic!

Sorry about that I was falling into rhyme.

Perhaps if we follow that angel right down, we’ll end up, you know where? That dammed double helix!
Suppose that strand of dna inside the living cell contains the life force, or is a conduit for the life force, animating principle, God, spirit, whatever we call it. The cells divide and divide and build this marvelous living thing. With each cell, containing, or being a conduit for whatever. This body is filled with a marvelous energy. Every cell is filled with it. It is the life force. And yet we cannot see it, touch it or feel it.
Perhaps this is because we are of the mind. The mind is separated from the body not only by the senses, but by the unconscious. The unconscious is both the barrier and the doorway. It is the realm of the angels.
If the mind can touch the living body it will transcend! It will touch the life force, God, spirit, whatever. Perhaps that’s how it works? There you have it! A child could understand it!

Midicon.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Maybe the Tower of Babel is like Jabcob's ladder, they seem to have had the same purpose in terms of getting into heaven but it was built from earth upwards it seems rather than Jacob's ladder being from heaven lowered down to earth.

Genesis 28:10-22 (New International Version)

Jacob's Dream at Bethel

10 Jacob left Beersheba and set out for Haran. 11 When he reached a certain place, he stopped for the night because the sun had set. Taking one of the stones there, he put it under his head and lay down to sleep. 12 He had a dream in which he saw a stairway [a] resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it. 13 There above it stood the LORD, and he said: "I am the LORD, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac. I will give you and your descendants the land on which you are lying. 14 Your descendants will be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out to the west and to the east, to the north and to the south. All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring. 15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you."
Text

Bethel [Heb.,=house of God]. 1 Ancient city of central Palestine, the modern Baytin, the West Bank, N of Jerusalem.

Yes the location of Jeruselem was always in the Old Testement even before Moses.

The first mention of Jerusalem in the Bible is probably found in Genesis 14:18 where we are told that Abraham paid tithes to the King of Salem, Melchizedek. Although we cannot know for certain that this is a reference to Jerusalem, it seems likely because Abraham was in that geographical area, and the city's name, Salem, is the root word of the city's later name, Jerusalem.

Later, we are told that Abraham went to Mt. Moriah, just north of ancient Jerusalem, to offer his son, Isaac, as a sacrifice (Genesis 22:2). That mountain was later incorporated into the city of Jerusalem during the time of Solomon, becoming the Temple Mount.

Text

[edit on 18-6-2010 by The time lord]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by midicon

Don’t read books MG they are bad for you!

Maybe so however you follow this with the following.....

But then you think! It was a dream, in the realm of the unconscious. Is this where God lives? Or where we’ll find him? We could always ask Jung of course, he grabbed an angel or two, and held them down so they couldn’t move! And they became more crystalline, more fluid and dynamic but he followed them down until they became organic!

Now can you realize how interesting this sounds? I have never read any of Jung, I believe he was an alchemist of sorts but I know very little of him, but this information you could not have known without reading his work....he grabbed an angel so hard it became matter!!

That sentence alone is enough to make me read the works of Jung!!

However I understand totally what you are saying...that Source can not be accessed through books. Source is not endless books, theories and models...it just is. That said do you not agree that one way to open the mind is to read the works and thoughts of past and present path finders?

Suppose that strand of dna inside the living cell contains the life force, or is a conduit for the life force, animating principle, God, spirit, whatever we call it. The cells divide and divide and build this marvelous living thing. With each cell, containing, or being a conduit for whatever. This body is filled with a marvelous energy. Every cell is filled with it. It is the life force. And yet we cannot see it, touch it or feel it.
Perhaps this is because we are of the mind. The mind is separated from the body not only by the senses, but by the unconscious. The unconscious is both the barrier and the doorway. It is the realm of the angels.
If the mind can touch the living body it will transcend! It will touch the life force, God, spirit, whatever. Perhaps that’s how it works? There you have it! A child could understand it!

Midicon.

This is not so easy to answer. The unconscious is both the barrier and the doorway........

If the mind can touch the living body it will transcend.....

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Hi Mr Green.

Forgive my sense of humour. I’m sure most people here on ATS love books! Once upon a time I loved them too!
And yes, I came over all ‘Jungian’ there. You know for Jung the angel is an archetype. He wrestled with the archetypes for most of his life! When he was older, and wiser, he was once asked ‘do you believe in God?’ but he just smiled, that Jungian smile, with his Jungian twinkle! And said ‘I know’! Then of course he retired to his garden! Perhaps it was that same old garden where Don Juan gamboled with Carlos!
I’m beginning to have a new found respect for some of those old bible stories! What did Christ say? ‘this body is a temple’ or ‘seek ye not the living among the dead’. Even old Adam became separated from god! And the more self aware he became the further he went! Tony de Mello once said, to his audience, or at least so I was told, ‘you are all dead’. And of course they all smiled back in their ‘deadness’! Such is the way of the dead! Perhaps Jacob was dead before he found God? Before he found life! Perhaps all of those wise teachers, with all their inscrutable truths, were just telling it like it is!
When we look out into the world and see the tapestry of life, we see its mystery, its beauty, its vitality and its presence. And yet all we see is the image. We cannot touch it, or feel it, or become part of it. And yet conversely it is in every fibre of our being.
Some people say ‘I am not my body’ or ‘I know I am more than just a body’ but I say if only you were your body, if you could only ‘touch’ your body that is where you will find God.

I know all his moves!

Midicon.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by midicon

Even old Adam became separated from god! And the more self aware he became the further he went!

Yes I tend to agree. Maybe awarness is like a circle , constantly going round and round. The more aware we become the less connected we feel? Perhaps the answer is in your words "the more self aware" we become. What if we were to drop the "self" and just become aware ??!!

There are some great teachers who say with spirituality the best move is to NOT do. The art of not doing when spiritually seeking may actual bring it closer. I remember reading a quote from the Kabbalah teacher Will Parfit(those books again hey!) he said that by "doing" in ones spiritual path energy is dissipated, but by simply becoming silent and not doing it is allowed to grow. I keep being reminded of this truth, maybe one day I will actually listen to it!

When we look out into the world and see the tapestry of life, we see its mystery, its beauty, its vitality and its presence. And yet all we see is the image. We cannot touch it, or feel it, or become part of it. And yet conversely it is in every fibre of our being.

Very well wrote Midicon.

Some people say ‘I am not my body’ or ‘I know I am more than just a body’ but I say if only you were your body, if you could only ‘touch’ your body that is where you will find God.

I Am one of those who say this. I do not feel the body is any part of who I really am. Interesting you say if we could only touch that we would find God but I just cant see that.

Your posts are very interesting Midicon. Thank you.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Mr Green]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
This shows how the "Jacob's ladder" representation of physical and superphysical levels of reality (91 overlapping Trees of Life) is related to the Tantric Sri Yantra revered by millions of Hindus:
smphillips.8m.com...
Notice that there are 168 light and dark green dots on the central Pilllar of Equilibrium down to the top of the seventh Tree of Life from the bottom. This is how the gematria number value of Cholem Yesodeth, the Mundane Chakra of Malkuth, determines the region of the 91 overlapping Trees of Life that maps the space-time continuum. The number manifested four days ago in the White Sheet Hill crop circle:
www.cropcircleconnector.com...
which has 168 small holes arranged in seven sets of 24. The 84 pairs of holes correspond to the 84 pairs of light & dark green dots. They are further divided into the 42 vertical pairs and the 42 horizontal pairs of holes. They correspond to the 42 light green dots on the central pillar of the uppermost 42 Trees mapping the 42 cosmic superphysical subplanes of consciousness and to the 42 dark green dots on the central pillar of the next 42 Trees mapping the 42 superphysical subplanes.

The lowest seven Trees of Life that map space-time are denoted in the graphic by black dots. This geometrical structure consists of 168 points and lines. Here is convincing evidence that the number 168, which appears in many of the research articles posted on Dr Phillips' website and which now has manifested in a crop circle in ways that make coincidence highly implausible, is a parameter of sacred geometries that is expressed in the microscopic world as the number of circularly polarized waves propagating in every half-revolution of each of the ten closed curves of the E8xE8 heterotic superstring, as Dr Phillips has proved (see his research articles).

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Thank you micpsi for what is an interesting link, especially as it is shown also in a crop circle. I think something similar was posted earlier, I am afraid I dont understand it though. It is very complicated. Thank you for putting up an explanation of it in your own words though.

I was thinking recently maybe Jaccobs ladder was a path the soul can travel between the three levels of consciousness...those being the conscious, unconscious and the supraconscious and is maybe not a physical concept. You say your link is a representation of physical and superphysical levels of reality, that the Ladder is just this, what is a superphysical reality in relation to a physical reality though? Ive never heard of a superphysical reality before.

EDIT Upon looking again at your diagram it does seem to mention the physical, superphysical and cosmic superphysical. Would you say these are similar to the conscious, unconscious and the supraconscious ? Thing is Ive always imagined the unconscious and supraconscious especially, to be none physical. Why does this diagram relate to all levels as physical?

Thanks.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Mr Green]

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The quote via Deepak Chopra is from the poet, Rumi, and technically is, "I shall soar with the angels." I think "sour with the angels" connotes something slightly different, but interesting enough I though of quoting THAT instead.Textreply to post by Mr Green

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is similar to the gross/subtle/causal bodies of Vedanta, Buddhism and _many_ other spiritual traditions. Ken Wilber does an EXCELLENT job of explaining this idea & these cross-tradition similarities over at integrallife.com. I think after reading a post about stages of development (or listening to one of the free podcasts), the diagram will make sense -- as much sense as cognitive knowledge can provide on an experience of witness consciousness. The other way to KNOW it would be to sit in meditation long enough to enter one of those non-gross states.

SpiritChannels

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join