It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What actually is Jacobs Ladder?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dogdish
Maybe it's DNA, or a cadeceus.

Pic of above.

Yes,
DNA

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Here is the correct mathematical representation of "Jacob's ladder":
smphillips.8m.com...
Subsequent pages give the rigorous, mathematical proof that this map of reality is encoded in what has now been discovered to be the remarkable "inner form" of the Tree of Life (otz chiim).

Here is how the cosmic Jacob's Ladder is mathematically connected to the Tantric Sri Yantra revered by millions of Hindus:
smphillips.8m.com...

There is a huge amount of background research material available at this site (see the 51 research articles!), so don't expect to understand the linked material immediately.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

A ladder from a realm of point space to a realm of 3D space?

What you describe seems to be Point Space (not unlike the Gold Particle Torus moving with (but at 90 degrees to) the proper motion of the Pleiades Star cluster. Sounds like jail to me. Ninety degrees, no exit!

Or do you think the concrescence of consciousness caused by the in-folding of energy into the proper form (guided by our emotive energy, blood, light bodies and our DNA --Dan Winter) might supply a ladder from a point source universe to a 3D universe? as in conception?

I think it more likely that is the method of movement of the spirit between the levels of the Hat of the G^d of Chauvin de Huantar ..
Raimondi Stelle

I think this was supposed to be the long walk of the soul through many incarnations, but people just take the short cut. [Either that or it is a very discontinuous life .. if it is all in pieces.]

... and this is --- I suspect --- the movement of the energy up the levels of life built on the planet long, long ago, in the age of Gobekli Tepi. (loosely translated by me as the place of the making of the hammer of Thor -- but that is just me). That time when the Jews were obsessing about racial purity, and others were doing animal headed beings --i.e. Gods of Egypt, etc.

"Thus was spirit spread about and the stability of the living world obtained?" (i.e. redundancy?)

So some not so Meta .. metaphysics .. some of the old work really seems like planet set up work (after moving the plates around, etc).

But why then is Jacob of the coat of colors cast as the demon in the ancient Magi Religion? Could he have been the G^d of the Phoneticians? ... of Chavín de Huántar? Is he also a creator G^d, but one of South America? --- ah .. perhaps the fore runner or Quetzalcoatl .. Also from Turkey, via Sumeria, et all. Those bird / serpent concepts are so old.

Ah, light dawns, this IS The Lie! (awesome!)

The Aegis of Athena and the Necromancers of the South American domain are The Lie in the religion of Zoroaster .. which is the reworking of the religion of the Magi after they took out all the Necromancy going on in the corrupted ages of that religion. .... Wow!

Interesting to dust off these mental connections again, thank you, major insight achieved!!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
smphillips.8m.com...
Subsequent pages give the rigorous, mathematical proof that this map of reality is encoded in what has now been discovered to be the remarkable "inner form" of the Tree of Life (otz chiim).

Here is how the cosmic Jacob's Ladder is mathematically connected to the Tantric Sri Yantra revered by millions of Hindus:
smphillips.8m.com...

There is a huge amount of background research material available at this site (see the 51 research articles!), so don't expect to understand the linked material immediately.

Totally awesome, I suspect this is going to map right into the I Ching as well?

I cannot groak the math, ... it is strange, but my brain just will not focus on numbers ... ???

But I can definitely see the potential for this to be ... are you familiar with Rodin's Torus?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
Huh. I don't know nothing about anything like fields and things. That was just my initial response to the question; I vaguely recalled that I've seen this painting about Jacob's ladder where angels where helping people to climb and some devils made them fall.

So the consciousness was first thing that came into my mind. Call it an intuitive answer. However, I don't claim it to be true. Just makes sense to me - when you are conscious enough, you "transcend" your body understanding several truths about universe, one being that you are not your body alone. Maybe on the top of the ladder you may find out something pretty shocking.

-v

This is probably the picture you were thinking of by William Blake. This is also the "religious" image of Jacobs Ladder I think of, but I also dont think it would actually look anything like that, this image is just how our artists have portrayed it.

Maybe we do find out something shocking at the top of the ladder, but its probably less shocking when we climb a rung at a time do you think?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Serendipity7

So .. I have to put in a plug for this book, awesome book, I am waiting for a sequel -- one of these days ... The Hermetic Code in DNA: The Sacred Principles in the Ordering of the Universe Michael Hayes and Colin Wilson

No I have not read that book. Will keep it in mind though as from this link it looks complicated but also very interesting. Thanks.

www.newdawnmagazine.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
an illegal mode of transportation within your own generational and ancestral reincarnation "line"; when understood from the guise of someone expressing "jakobs ladder".

Can you explain this a little more? An illegal mode of transport within an ancestral reincarnation line? What do you mean?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Hi MG

Didn't Jacob wrestle with God?
Perhaps thats a clue, to where the ladder leads.
Although we all know where it leads really!

Well thats it, case closed, problem solved!

Edit to add.

" an illegal mode of transportation within your own generational and ancestral reincarnation "line"; when understood from the guise of someone expressing "jakobs ladder".

I must admit that gave me a good laugh!

Midicon.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by midicon]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

he wrestled with an angel
"unless thou bless me I will not let thee go"
or some such like that there.

usuall edit for spelling

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I think you'll find it was God!

I should know I wrestle with him every night!
I know all his moves.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Genesis 28:10-12 first mentions "Jacob's Ladder" when it says: "Jacob left Beersheba and set out for Haran. When he reached a certain place, he stopped for the night because the sun had set. Taking one of the stones there, he put it under his head and lay down to sleep. He had a dream in which he saw a stairway/ladder resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it."

It is in this passage that God reveals Himself to Jacob and reaffirms the covenant He made with Abraham, promising Jacob (who will later be named Israel) that his offspring will be many and that the Promised Land will one day belong to his descendants. In this vision Jacob sees something similar to a ladder or a stairway (Hebrew word: Sullam) which signifies a connection between God and man. In this instance, it was God who provided the means necessary to link Himself to man as opposed to the men of Babel in Genesis 11 who tried to reach heaven by their own actions, aside from the help of God.

Modern metaphysical ideas generally include a means of transport, either before or after death, to whatever spiritual reward or alternate state of enlightenment is earned or desired. A technique or system that enables one to advance or travel either corporeally or spiritually to a different place or plane or state of being.

Christians generally view Jacobs Ladder as a parable of the way to get to heaven being provided by God. Specifically, Jacobs Ladder is Jesus Christ; belief in him provides salvation and thus the means of transporting the spirit to heaven. Also, the parable of Jacobs Ladder implies that there is a means of 2 way visitation between heaven and earth.

It depends on if you take your religion straight or with a chaser.

www.gotquestions.org...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green

This is probably the picture you were thinking of by William Blake.

It wasn't that one. I am began to think that maybe the painting I saw was not about Jacob's Ladders at all. I wasn't able to find it with a quick search. It has some infernal creatures pulling people off the stairs and on the contrary, some benefical angelic beings helping some of them. Very medieval style painting. Even it may not make much difference, I'll post it if comes across.

Maybe we do find out something shocking at the top of the ladder, but its probably less shocking when we climb a rung at a time do you think?

By shocking, I didn't necessarily mean anything negative by nature. But the nature of the "revelation" is depending much on the observer. I think we cannot pass many rungs with one leap if thinking in terms of developing consciousness. One has to understand certain things before one is able to understand more.

I dunno, maybe Jacob's Ladder is reference to something else - as I said, I am not very familiar with the concept. But who knows what it really is? Maybe it was merely an hallucination when J was lying dazed after he ate something inappropriate

-v

PS. Found one picture alike to the painting I was referring to. I guess that ain't J's Ladder, but picture akin to that was the image I was having on my mind when making my initial post. So sorry, I confused the things and went off topic.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by v01i0]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by midicon

" an illegal mode of transportation within your own generational and ancestral reincarnation "line"; when understood from the guise of someone expressing "jakobs ladder".

I must admit that gave me a good laugh!

Midicon.

It almost reads like Jacobs Ladder is possibly a cheat system,a transport system that enables one to escape re incarnation maybe but that is not really meant to be taken...as its the " illegal" way out
The question is where would such a transport system take you if it were true of course ?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kerontehe

Modern metaphysical ideas generally include a means of transport, either before or after death, to whatever spiritual reward or alternate state of enlightenment is earned or desired. A technique or system that enables one to advance or travel either corporeally or spiritually to a different place or plane or state of being.

I like this explanation very much. I would like to discover what that "mode of transport" is!!....but like many things in this category...not as easy as it sounds and often gets us into weird and wonderful areas and realms. That said its all very interesting though which is why I love researching and working on all that is metaphysical so much.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

That word illegal was enough for me! I thought it was an attempt at humour!

You know there was a rumour , that ‘Crick’ saw the double helix while on acid.
Perhaps that’s another piece of your jigsaw!
When Jacob wrestled with God, who was he wrestling with do you think?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by midicon
When Jacob wrestled with God, who was he wrestling with do you think?

Himself Midicon, I think possibly Jacob was wrestling with himself. Maybe the ladder was an internal struggle/climb with his inner search for God within.

You know there was a rumour , that ‘Crick’ saw the double helix while on acid.
Perhaps that’s another piece of your jigsaw!

Really, is that true? One of my lecturers had the privilege to briefly work with Crick but she never mentioned that particular rumour!

Do you think this may be an internal struggle with our DNA then? To maybe climb above and conquer our DNA.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Mr Green]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
smphillips.8m.com...

smphillips.8m.com...

This is an interesting post, I cant claim to understand it , can it be put in simpler terms?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

You might not believe it, but it’s the strangest thing. I only came into this thread because of a dream I had four nights ago. Now I’m not one for dreams and all that stuff although I do see they are more than what we think. Anyway I had a dream I was wrestling with myself! It was a brief dream, it was in good spirits and I ended up facing myself, upside down arms round my calves! Then I woke up. It was the oddness of the dream that struck me and when I saw your thread I thought I recognized something! I hadn’t thought about that old story of Jacob.
I have a thing about opposites and turning things ‘on their heads’ So I like this idea of dna being the source.
Perhaps its not dna you have to overcome?

Where did you spring from?
Where do you long to return?
What is stopping you?
What is the unconscious?

Why does God only speak to us in dreams?

If you google Francis Crick '___' theres lots of links.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by midicon]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
an illegal mode of transportation within your own generational and ancestral reincarnation "line"; when understood from the guise of someone expressing "jakobs ladder".

Can you explain this a little more? An illegal mode of transport within an ancestral reincarnation line? What do you mean?

You have to read the other page on the anatomical ladder, and then this one makes sense!
You have no idea how relieved I am to hear you call it illegal. Whew. My insides say it is so, but it is hard to find the back up data.

Thanks Ausar!!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Originally posted by Serendipity7

You have to read the other page on the anatomical ladder, and then this one makes sense!

Thanks.

You have no idea how relieved I am to hear you call it illegal. Whew. My insides say it is so, but it is hard to find the back up data.

Thanks Ausar!!

I really dont know why Ausar says this is an "illegal" mode of transport. this is the first time Ive ever heard anyone say that about such a concept of raising consciousness. Whats illegal about it? WHAT actually is it ( the ladder) and what is the "lawful" route. who says its illegal ? The spirit police ?? I believe in the merkaba field very much and I dont think thats illegal, as long as your raising awarness for the One I dont think metaphysical techniques are "spiritually illegal"

Thanks for your ideas though.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Mr Green]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join